Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Gambling

KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Off to Vegas. Going to put some over/under bets down. Looking to take the under in Auburn at 9.5 and over for Georgia Southern at 6.5. Also may put a future bet on a certain favorite football team to win it all.

Anyone here for any future bets they like this season?

Comments

• jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like GA Tech over 5.5!

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like @jarred_buck's pick. I also like Texas over 8.5 in Tom Herman's second season.

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like the over on USCjr. (was at 7.5).... if they truly are going to be #2 in the east then that allows them to lose to UGA and Clemson and also lose 2 other games and still reach the over

The under on Auburn, Gus has never had good luck with having back to back good seasons... and a lot of that is due to the fact of the home vs road schedule in opposing years. Going on the road to play UGA and Bama within 3 weeks is hard

MS State on the over

• CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe you can put down those bets MS. Unless you just want to go to Vegas. Just sayin'.

• PeachCoDawgPeachCoDawg Posts: 489 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Man, that sounds like a great time (Vegas). I'd have to go over all the lines but I like a lot of y'alls picks already. Baseball made me way too superstitious to ever bet on my own team, but anyone else is game

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Irish, LSU and UW straight up.

Michigan will still be Michigan.

Some will disagree with the LSU pick, but here’s my logic. It’s very hard to say the first game is a make or break game for any team, but I kinda think it is for LSU. I see them playing well.

“War Tigers” seem to always struggle out of the gate. I don’t see UW’s defense being elite, but the OL for Auburn might be borderline “awful” in week 1 of the season.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

@Catfish said:
    I believe you can put down those bets MS. Unless you just want to go to Vegas. Just sayin'.

Oh totally. I am just in Vegas for a fantasy Football draft so I figured why not

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

@Catfish said:

Yep. Sports betting is up and running down here on the Ms. Gulf Coast.

Took under on auburn and Vandy. Hoping it works out

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@amjadawgs said:
    Irish, LSU and UW straight up.

Michigan will still be Michigan.

Some will disagree with the LSU pick, but here’s my logic. It’s very hard to say the first game is a make or break game for any team, but I kinda think it is for LSU. I see them playing well.

“War Tigers” seem to always struggle out of the gate. I don’t see UW’s defense being elite, but the OL for Auburn might be borderline “awful” in week 1 of the season.

@amjadawgs agree sir. Just like last year on opening day with the BARN versus Clemsux, Stidham could be running for his life against Washington.

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

my uncle is a duurn auburn fan... we have a three fold bet this year, each portion worth 50 dollars. If Auburn goes under I get paid, if UGA goes over then I get paid and if UGA beats Auburn during the regular season I get paid

hoping to get 150 dollars out of this, it would be a wonderful season for the Dawgs to win 11 or more, auburn to win 8 or less... and to beat auburn in Sanford this year

@PharmDawg2054 said:

@Kasey said:

my uncle is a duurn auburn fan... we have a three fold bet this year, each portion worth 50 dollars. If Auburn goes under I get paid, if UGA goes over then I get paid and if UGA beats Auburn during the regular season I get paid

hoping to get 150 dollars out of this, it would be a wonderful season for the Dawgs to win 11 or more, auburn to win 8 or less... and to beat auburn in Sanford this year

I like your chances. And I like mine bc I could really use that 30 bucks. And if they could hit the under before our game, I’d be ok with it