Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Luke Ford in minor traffic accident

PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

According a brief blurb I just read Luke Ford was in a 1-car accident this AM. Didn't see a lot of details yet other than it was described as minor. Hope he's alright. Not the kind of headlines we want to read in the lead up to what most feel is going to be a fun season.

Comments

• Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

luke is in the portal now

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That’s what you get for trying to transfer!

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PharmDawg2054 said:

Is it safe to teleport so soon after being in an accident ?

Well, this is an interesting development. Apparently somebody’s resorted to alts to downvote That last post of mine...

Only thing you can tell by looking at their profiles is 1 of them has 1 post, and apparently he has one post indicating he’s a recruitnik. The other one has zero posts.

These new posters we got are **** strange. Board is acting more and more like the 247 boards.

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@PharmDawg2054 said:

Is it safe to teleport so soon after being in an accident ?

he hasn't teleported yet.... just hanging around in the portal, not sure if anyone knows that or not

@levander said:
    Well, this is an interesting development. Apparently somebody’s resorted to alts to downvote That last post of mine...

Only thing you can tell by looking at their profiles is 1 of them has 1 post, and apparently he has one post indicating he’s a recruitnik. The other one has zero posts.

These new posters we got are **** strange. Board is acting more and more like the 247 boards.

After posting that, I thought about it a little more, it might just be two new people who signed up out of excitement over recruiting.

And they’re just not clever enough to realize I was joking.

False alarm I’m guessing.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The portal awaits.

The portal is ready

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2018

@levander said:

It seems to me sorta wrong to DV posts just because you disagree with the well stated opinion expressed, but everyone's free to do as they wish.

We're all going to get a few DVs which seem to us nonsensical. Sometimes they hurt my feelings, but I know how many UVs I get compared to DVs (well, I don't actually know, but I sorta know) and that makes me feel less put upon. My assumption is it's not personal (yet I know sometimes it is with some posters not mentioning names).

Maybe there should be no option for DVs until you've posted a certain number of times. Maybe, but before that I'd like to see several other changes so it's not high priority for me.

Mostly we're just having fun, right, and who cares what people other than ourselves think about us?

I hope everybody involved in the accident, which may have been only Mr. Ford, is okay. I hate to see any of our team members hurt.

Go, Dawgs!

@JimWallace said:

@levander said:

Maybe there should be no option for DVs until you've posted a certain number of times. Maybe, but before that I'd like to see several other changes so it's not high priority for me.

Mostly we're just having fun, right, and who cares what people other than ourselves think about us?

Go, Dawgs!

DV’s were strange to me at first to. But they can be used well and I think they add to the board.

The reason I commented was more how entirely different this board has acted in the last couple of months than the fact that that post was DV’d. My personality, I’m gonna say things people don’t like and get DV’d for it. I’m not a go with the crowd type of person.

Some people do take the UV/DV’s way too seriously and kind of treat it like high school where it’s really, really, really important to be popular! But what you said in your post is a much healthier way to look at it I think.

• tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JimWallace said:

@levander said:

It seems to me sorta wrong to DV posts just because you disagree with the well stated opinion expressed, but everyone's free to do as they wish.

We're all going to get a few DVs which seem to us nonsensical. Sometimes they hurt my feelings, but I know how many UVs I get compared to DVs (well, I don't actually know, but I sorta know) and that makes me feel less put upon. My assumption is it's not personal (yet I know sometimes it is with some posters not mentioning names).

I hope everybody involved in the accident, which may have been only Mr. Ford, is okay. I hate to see any of our team members hurt.

Go, Dawgs!

weird your feelings get hurt

but it should not say down vote nd up vote, imo. It should be agree and disagree

I generally used the DV as a disagree button. other forums I am on use that verbiage and I prefer it

@levander said:

@JimWallace said:

@levander said:

Go, Dawgs!

DV’s were strange to me at first to. But they can be used well and I think they add to the board.

The reason I commented was more how entirely different this board has acted in the last couple of months than the fact that that post was DV’d. My personality, I’m gonna say things people don’t like and get DV’d for it. I’m not a go with the crowd type of person.

Some people do take the UV/DV’s way too seriously and kind of treat it like high school where it’s really, really, really important to be popular! But what you said in your post is a much healthier way to look at it I think.

Sometimes I give a post an UV even though I don't agree with the opinion expressed because I believe the post was so well done.

We aren't supposed to be clones, right?

Go, Dawgs!

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tfk_fanboy said:

@JimWallace said:

@levander said:

Go, Dawgs!

but it should not say down vote nd up vote, imo. It should be agree and disagree

I generally used the DV as a disagree button. other forums I am on use that verbiage and I prefer it

Me too. DV = disagree. I'm trying to develop the habit of saying "disagree" since some folks do take it very personally.

I just want to be universally popular.

That's a joke in case you didn't get it.

This is just like high school or junior high, right, and popularity is everything!

Go, Dawgs!

@donm said:

@tfk_fanboy said:

@JimWallace said:

@levander said:

Go, Dawgs!

Me too. DV = disagree. I'm trying to develop the habit of saying "disagree" since some folks do take it very personally.

DV = disagree isn’t how the board was designed. Because when a post gets so many DV’s it gets hidden. Is that your intent? To hide votes you disagree with?

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If I have my facts straight, which I rarely do. This ''portal'' is something akin to the 1960s tv series and cult classic Time Tunnel. If I'm correct, which seems highly unlikely, Luke might be able to return to a time before his accident and avoid what amounts to minor injuries and insurance hassles.

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@rednavel said:

@levander said:

@donm said:

@tfk_fanboy said:

@JimWallace said:

@levander said:

Go, Dawgs!

DV = disagree isn’t how the board was designed. Because when a post gets so many DV’s it gets hidden. Is that your intent? To hide votes you disagree with?

End all DVs and UVs. It is a shame that somebody could come on here, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, and leave thinking that somebody doesn't like them. This forum should be a glorious place for all Georgia fans to live in harmony.

@levander this isn't how you make an alt account

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:

@donm said:

@tfk_fanboy said:

@JimWallace said:

@levander said:

Go, Dawgs!

Didn't know that posts get hidden. All the more reason for taking the time to type disagree. I always DV 12 ed and he hasn't disappeared or has he? Thanks for the tip.