Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Is there is a glitch on this site that affects one's ability to post?

JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Some of our Dawgnation family members including @bmauldin have lost the ability to post. Not just photo comments, but new discussions, text comments- everything attempted gives the above message. Every time.
Some contributors have anger management problems but I still want them to be able to post! But @bmauldin is one of the rational heads who never steps out of line.
Is this a glitch with a work around?

Comments

• ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

I had this issue on Wednesday.

I contacted a moderator and it was fixed the next day when Savage logged in Thursday.

The cause is unknown.

You are basically censored but are still able to communicate via PM.

It is a bad glitch. If people are unable to participate in the forum, many will leave.

• Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I've had it happen to me in the past and was even banned for some reason. I contacted multiple people and no one could explain why. I NEVER broke or even bent any of the forums rules but I was randomly selected to be banned there were several others who were banned at the same time. Had to go and create a new persona in order to participate on the forum, extremely frustrating and wouldn't have done it if I didn't enjoy the interaction with my fellow Dawg lovers.

• PeachCoDawgPeachCoDawg Posts: 489 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Something has definitely been going on. I've been having a lot of weird glitches. The biggest one (and most irritating) is after finishing a post and hitting "Post Comment" a box will appear saying "waiting to be approved" then I never see it again. Got so bad earlier this week I just stopped trying

This glitch is affecting several posters as well.

The main difference is that there is no ban.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

Check, check...

Hey! It works now. I was in purgatory for 2 days. that was weird. I think DN needs to invest some time and money to figure out what the problem is. That was very frustrating.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

How do you guys access the site? Phone? Computer?

I only use a computer and have very few issues. A few post didn't go through, but it was usually dealing with a pic or a gif.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

@ghostofuga1 said:
    How do you guys access the site? Phone? Computer?

I only use a computer and have very few issues. A few post didn't go through, but it was usually dealing with a pic or a gif.

Both. Wouldn’t work on either. Haven’t been able to post pictures for quite a while. Figured it had to do with the many, many memes and pics we were posting on the Vanderbilt “blowing the admiral” segment ESPN did...

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Same problem I had.... I messaged Savage and it was fixed the same day...he said that my email was showing invalid

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh, it’s working. I’ve been affected by this the last few days too.

Glad you guys are back and running.

A tip of the hat to @SavageDawg17. He’ getting it done.

@BamaDawg said:
    Same problem I had.... I messaged Savage and it was fixed the same day...he said that my email was showing invalid

Same with my account.

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PeachCoDawg said:
    Something has definitely been going on. I've been having a lot of weird glitches. The biggest one (and most irritating) is after finishing a post and hitting "Post Comment" a box will appear saying "waiting to be approved" then I never see it again. Got so bad earlier this week I just stopped trying

Same thing happened to me on the ole miss mascot thread a few days back. I thought maybe the thread had been flagged because people were debating about the civil war and the Confederacy. I wrote a couple of paragraphs about my thoughts(I’m a history dork) and had the pop up saying that it had to be approved and figured it would take a few minutes to appear but it vanished never to be seen again. Twice. And didn’t get saved in my drafts. Just gave up though when I posted about it my post went right up.

I’m usually posting on an iPad so maybe it has to do with which OS you’re using as someone else posited.

• BullyDawgBullyDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited August 2018

I'm having this issue sporadically...
    Try logging out and logging back in. Helps sometimes.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Everybody is in preseason mode. We will be hitting our DawgNation forum stride by USCjr for sure now. Lol

• CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks @SavageDawg17. May you have a never ending supply of "special biscuits".

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hooray! Three days in exile and @SavageDawg17 rescued me. Thank you sir!

• BullyDawgBullyDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior