Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Acuna vs Freeman, OPS war watch....now it's personal !!...

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited August 2018 in General

Ok, not really, I hear they are friendly teammates and neither probably is giving this much thought.

Still, for the purpose of promoting this soon to be ongoing thread...this is WAR baby.

Current standing.

Acuna OPS - .930
Freeman OPS - .920

Comments

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:
    Ok, not really, I hear they are friendly teammates and neither probably is giving this much thought.

Still, for the purpose of promoting this soon to be ongoing thread...this is WAR baby.

Current standing.

Acuna OPS - .930
    Freeman OPS - .920

The young whippersnapper is more than holding his own. I wonder how close he might be able to come to a 1.0 OPS. The rest of the Bravos need to quit watching this WAR and start hitting.

• nycdawgnycdawg Posts: 883 ✭✭✭ Junior

@WCDawg said:

Current standing.

Acuna OPS - .930
    Freeman OPS - .920

Freeman is OVERRATED= I have never seen him hit in clutch situations. He's a good hitter but not situational. Some of the pitches he swings at is ridiculous.

thanks for bringing up this topic. I was thinking about this last night. I'm over Freeman.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@nycdawg said:

@WCDawg said:

Current standing.

Acuna OPS - .930
    Freeman OPS - .920

Freeman is OVERRATED= I have never seen him hit in clutch situations. He's a good hitter but not situational. Some of the pitches he swings at is ridiculous.

thanks for bringing up this topic. I was thinking about this last night. I'm over Freeman.

I don't know what you're watching.
    FF has the best bat control and patience of any Braves hitter other than Chipper I can recall.

@nycdawg said:

@WCDawg said:

Current standing.

Acuna OPS - .930
    Freeman OPS - .920

If you've never seen him hit in the clutch you should watch more frequently. Check out is BA with runner in scoring position. Not sure how you are defining "clutch". You may mean something different than I am thinking when I hear that term. He has been pretty steady all year...against both righties and lefties.

@nycdawg said:

@WCDawg said:

Current standing.

Acuna OPS - .930
    Freeman OPS - .920

one great but likely unanswerable question is how many GM's would welcome Freddie over their current 1B guy(s). I would guess a lot.

@donm said:

@nycdawg said:

@WCDawg said:

Current standing.

Acuna OPS - .930
    Freeman OPS - .920

one great but likely unanswerable question is how many GM's would welcome Freddie over their current 1B guy(s). I would guess a lot.

Most, he isn't a great defensive player though. For some reason our broadcast guys tout him as being a good defender, stats don't support the claim though. I'm disappointed he hasn't made the jump in HRs, he keeps teasing but he still isn't elite in that area.

@WCDawg said:

@donm said:

@nycdawg said:

@WCDawg said:

Current standing.

Acuna OPS - .930
    Freeman OPS - .920

Most, he isn't a great defensive player though. For some reason our broadcast guys tout him as being a good defender, stats don't support the claim though. I'm disappointed he hasn't made the jump in HRs, he keeps teasing but he still isn't elite in that area.

@WCDawg said:

@donm said:

@nycdawg said:

@WCDawg said:

Current standing.

Acuna OPS - .930
    Freeman OPS - .920

Freddie has taken a big step back in isolated power , he went from 2.70 last season to just 2.04 right now. That is the only area where Acuna is beating him(2.80), but it's enough to put his OPS a tad higher than FF's.

THIS JUST IN...Braves 4-0 over The Marlins in a 2 hit combined shutout.
    In the OPS war Acuna over ran Freeman's forward line to take a .928 to .912 lead while going 2- 5, FF suffered an 0-5 DAY.

@WCDawg said:
    In the OPS war Acuna over ran Freeman's forward line to take a .928 to .912 lead while going 2- 5, FF suffered an 0-5 DAY.

Freddie is in a rare slump. Never understand why Snitker doesn’t give him a day off. Just because Freddie doesn’t want to take a day off? Not good enough for me. Sit him for a day.

@donm said:

@WCDawg said:

Freddie is in a rare slump. Never understand why Snitker doesn’t give him a day off. Just because Freddie doesn’t want to take a day off? Not good enough for me. Sit him for a day.

His power numbers are way down over the summer. It might be an undisclosed injury, something is off.

@nycdawg said:

@WCDawg said:

Current standing.

Acuna OPS - .930
    Freeman OPS - .920

Clutch situations this year...

2 out RISP.... BA - .295 OBP - .436
    Late & close ..... BA - .300 OBP - .403
    Tie game..... BA - .346 OBP - .435
    1 run games.....BA - .322 OBP - .411
    2 run games.....BA - .320 OBP - .406
    Freddie is a very tough out when it matters most.

@WCDawg said:

@donm said:

@WCDawg said:

His power numbers are way down over the summer. It might be an undisclosed injury, something is off.

I did wonder about that. He always minimizes injury and, in the past, I think he has been less than forthcoming about some of them. In years past I see the reasoning - no help around him. Thats less true this year. Sit him out a day or two.