Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Places/ways to watch the Austin Peay game?

scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So I’m in Atlanta and have kind of a screwy cable setup: the neighborhood I’m currently in has a wonky old deal with Comcast where everyone gets “digital tv/basic cable” included but that definition leads to some slightly odd channel lineups. I’m not positive that I get the SEC network which I’m assuming is where the broadcast would be? So for those who stream can I get the game through espn 3 like in the past?

I don’t really want to go out somewhere unless I have to and as it’s been years since I used to go to Buckhead it’s obviously changed a lot. I still remember when the official bar was the Taco Stand, which I never really cared for and really didn’t like that many of the people who went there the few times I tried it. Anyone have any good places to watch a game on the northside of Atlanta?

Thanks and Go Dawgs!

Comments

• Options
    benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This ones on regular espn
    Its also on september first so you could consider getting a free trial for youtybe tv or sling if you don't get espn. Additionally, I've had good luck with reddit.com/r/cfbstreams in the past

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,038 mod

Ditto!

ESPN @ 3:30 pm.

• Options

Thanks. I hadn’t looked yet but assumed it was on one of the other channels. At least I won’t have to deal with Directv this year. In the past there were games on the alternate channels that were on the guide but not on the channel. Nothing more fun than dealing with customer service as it gets closer to game time and you’re in the middle of nowhere like I was.

• Options

On side note, I haven't "done" Buckhead in over in over 20+ years. It really started going "downhill" in the mid to late 90's.

Loved the place back in the day and I caught many a game at some of the great hole-in-the wall hang outs. Of course now, I don't live in the area, so I can't really comment as to what's going on there now has far as Dawg spots and hang outs..... Hope there still some great places to catch the game.

• Options

Yeah. It definitely went downhill fast. We started going to Virginia-highlands a little bit before buckhead ceased to be anything but overpriced retail and residential properties. The lovely developers who killed it had great plans for it until the real estate market went to hell.

• Options
    Bulldawg90Bulldawg90 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Does Jefferson Pilot still do games? You knew it was bad when the Dawgs had the noon kick on JP.

• Options
    moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You guys who haven't been in town in 20 years are cute.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@scooterdawg said:
    So I’m in Atlanta and have kind of a screwy cable setup: the neighborhood I’m currently in has a wonky old deal with Comcast where everyone gets “digital tv/basic cable” included but that definition leads to some slightly odd channel lineups. I’m not positive that I get the SEC network which I’m assuming is where the broadcast would be? So for those who stream can I get the game through espn 3 like in the past?

I don’t really want to go out somewhere unless I have to and as it’s been years since I used to go to Buckhead it’s obviously changed a lot. I still remember when the official bar was the Taco Stand, which I never really cared for and really didn’t like that many of the people who went there the few times I tried it. Anyone have any good places to watch a game on the northside of Atlanta?

Thanks and Go Dawgs!

Research sports bars in your area. I prefer a true sports bar, a relaxed one with mostly dedicated fans.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

@Bulldawg90 said:
    Does Jefferson Pilot still do games? You knew it was bad when the Dawgs had the noon kick on JP.

Ugh...the worst. I love that chapter in Clay Travis's book about his SEC tour

• Options

@Bulldawg90 said:

Sadly I'm actually not even sure if JP is still in existence but I know they no longer carry on the tradition of showing crappy early SEC and ACC games. I kinda miss them in a nostalgic way. Bad announcers, crummy graphics even for the time, and lots of Vandy and Kentucky games.

• Options

@moos said:
    You guys who haven't been in town in 20 years are cute.

I'm cute because I live 2 and half hours away and don't have any desire to go into town.

• Options

@scooterdawg

Can you be more specific about what area of town you're looking to watch the game in? "North side of Atlanta" can mean anything from Buckhead to Roswell. Not sure if you're searching that wide or have a more narrow focus.

• Options

I’m in Vinings, adjacent to Buckhead. Paces/West Paces Ferry, Mt. Paran area. Right inside the perimeter.

• Options

Not sure what kind do of atmosphere you're looking for, but Sports And Social at SunTrust park has a massive screen. I'm sure the game will be on there since there's no baseball until 4:05 on Saturday. I'm contemplating watching at least one game there this year.

• Options

Thanks. That’s not too far from me. I haven’t been to Suntrust yet. I hear they have a good pizza place there. I might have to give the bar you mentioned a shot this year.

• Options

@scooterdawg said:
    Thanks. That’s not too far from me. I haven’t been to Suntrust yet. I hear they have a good pizza place there. I might have to give the bar you mentioned a shot this year.

There are several sports bars in the battery with lots of stuff to do. Parking in the decks is free when there is no home game, but I'd get an Uber/Lift personally.

• Options
    JMitch5000JMitch5000 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Big Sky is a fun place in Buckhead to watch a game, but it's definitely more a bar than a sports bar.

The Battery is closer to you and has a few spots - Sports & Social, Yardhouse, that Terrapin bar. You should listen to the guys who suggested that.

• Options
    fmr33fmr33 Posts: 210 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@moos said:
    Not sure what kind do of atmosphere you're looking for, but Sports And Social at SunTrust park has a massive screen. I'm sure the game will be on there since there's no baseball until 4:05 on Saturday. I'm contemplating watching at least one game there this year.

i second that. great spot to also watch golf. great food options, unlimited viewing angles, etc. definitely worth a shot.

• Options
    ColaDawg86ColaDawg86 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@moos said:

Don't expect to get good service there. Went there 4 hrs before a Braves game and waited an hr to be waited on after already having a table. Then the service was poor and the food was average and over priced.

• Options
    VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod
    edited August 2018

@ColaDawg86 said:

@moos said:

Don't expect to get good service there. Went there 4 hrs before a Braves game and waited an hr to be waited on after already having a table. Then the service was poor and the food was average and over priced.

When I was up there it was a 2 hr wait to get in the doors. We ended up going to the steakhouse across the street and they wouldn't serve me alcohol because my ID was vertical instead of horizontal, W T F?

And so I don't get an off topic,,, Just watch this one at home @scooterdawg I would go somewhere for the USCjr game instead.