Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

"I've already seen this on other threads"

galyadawg16galyadawg16 Posts: 33 ✭✭ Sophomore

Enough getting mad at people or insulting their questions by saying "this has already been discussed" or "I've seen this so many times". Obviously, the person having the conversation or asking the question hasn't seen it before or they want to have a better understanding. Stop flexing on people who may not spend as much time here as you or haven't been here as long as you. If you don't have anything productive to add, just move on to the next post.

Comments

• dawgnation7dawgnation7 Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@jay_kubzz you learn something new everyday

• moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Most of the times when there are complaints, it's not even a matter of searching. The complaints are about multiple threads on the front page, top 10, and even adjacent to each other with nearly identical headlines on the exact same topic.

In such instances, it had nothing to do with flexing on people who don't spend as much time on here as someone else. It's literally a complaint that the poster stormed in here and hit 'new topic' without even looking at the front page.

If it happens every now and then, it's no big deal. However, I've seen as many as 6 of the top 10 threads on the exact same topic. When that happens, it's not a positive. Conversations about other topics are getting pushed unnecessarily off the front page.

There are no Einstein/John Nash types here (i.e. very few original ideas showing up on this board.) Check and see if someone else has the same thought you did first, and maybe join a conversation once in a while. You're not a thought leader just because you start a new thread.

More aggressive moderation couks solve this problem by merging such topics together. It'd cause a little confusion at first, but eventually ppl would fall in line.

• CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

@WCDawg said:

@dawgnation7 said:
    @jay_kubzz you learn something new everyday

I try to alternate days between learning something new one day and forgetting something old the next day.
    It's all about balance.

Preach, Sir, preach. The older I get the better I was.

• sauceddawgsauceddawg Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think I speak for everyone when I say we don't need any more threads about anthem kneeling. Some topics, (Fromm vs Fields) are kind of annoying but I get why they come back up and are at least relevant to the dawgs. I'll defer to more senior posters on what to do about "repeat threads" but as long as they aren't political or toxic its just a minor annoyance imho

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I get both sides but I’m pretty sure we can all agree that we don’t need anymore threads worried about the D-line or QBs started by a certain Chicken Little.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OMG...another one of these??? ;)

I never understood posters who chime in on a thread just to tell everyone it's been discussed before...as if there is only one thread allowed for any topic.

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Like just about every CFB forum I've ever visited, there's usually more than a couple of surly members. Trick is to not let them get under your skin. Just ignore whoever and have some fun. After all, it's not like we're getting a job performance for this or anything.

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cant we all just get along

• moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawg1419 said:

@RPMdawg said:
    Cant we all just get along

That’s already been discussed :p

And the answer was a resounding "no"

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

Being an old fart, I only use a desk top to access the forum unless I'm on the road. In other words very little mobile access. With that, all the topic categories are or can be separated, ie. Football, General, Recruiting, Off Topic. Is it the same on mobile devices? I know if I hit the "Categories" tab, it groups all topics together which is a true cluster Gamecock....

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:
    Being an old fart, I only use a desk top to access the forum unless I'm on the road. In other words very little mobile access. With that, all the topic categories are or can be separated, ie. Football, General, Recruiting, Off Topic. Is it the same on mobile devices? I know if I hit the "Categories" tab, it groups all topics together which is a true cluster Gamecock....

Same

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

I love nothing better than having people, who aren't mods, tell me what I can and can't post. It's even better when that person hasn't even been on this board for a month.

By the way, I have already seen this on another thread.