Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Excluding Smokey and the Bandit, your favorite Burt Reynolds performance? RIP

bobbybobby Posts: 150 ✭✭✭ Junior

Boogie Nights would be up there for me...

Comments

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Longest Yard

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Longest Yard , Deliverance

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,752 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018
  • Options
    bobbybobby Posts: 150 ✭✭✭ Junior

Lets not forget about STROKER ACE :smile:

• Options
    georgiaboygeorgiaboy Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A young Burt was also in Gunsmoke way back when. Played a half Comanche/half white blacksmith named Quint Asper.

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

****. Burt died? Smokey is tops for me because it was in my wheelhouse but I’d probably have to agree with Boogie Nights.

• Options
    ChopperChopper Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"White Lightning" for me. Burt driving a souped-up Ford LTD with a 4 speed taking down the dirty cops. I'm all in....

• Options
    edited September 2018

And as a PS...as much as I like Smokey and the Bandit...Burt kinda became a caricature of himself after the sequel and really didn't recover until years later. Once you make a movie with Dom DeLuise and a kidnapped elephant it never helps your career.

• Options
    PeachCoDawgPeachCoDawg Posts: 489 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Cannon Ball Run was a good one. I loved all BR's movies. Dude could carry the rock too!
    Boogie Nights was his comeback. Great movie.
    R.I.P.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm not a fan of Smokey And The Bandit. I'll go with Deliverance then Sharky's Machine.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PeachCoDawg said:
    Cannon Ball Run was a good one. I loved all BR's movies. Dude could carry the rock too!
    R.I.P.

saddened by this news. I always enjoyed his movies -very entertaining. Seemed like a down to earth guy for a mega -star.

• Options
    edited September 2018

@donm said:

@PeachCoDawg said:
    R.I.P.

saddened by this news. I always enjoyed his movies -very entertaining. Seemed like a down to earth guy for a mega -star.

He was great. Back in the early 80s my mother got ahold of his people somehow and they had this crazy idea to try and get him to appear at the "Battle of Byron" which was like a little town fair back then. Byron didn't even have a thousand people lol. She did actually talk to him on the phone and he apologized profusely that he would be out of country at the time or he would have came. He called her three times as a matter of fact. You're exactly right @donm. Great, down to earth guy.

• Options

I wonder what he left Loni Anderson in his will?

• Options

@Chopper said:

Lol. Zip

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Chopper said:

She already got the goldmine in their divorce settlement.
    Reynolds went bankrupt, then had his house foreclosed on and he had to sell his ranch property as well.

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@Chopper said:

She already got the goldmine in their divorce settlement.
    Reynolds went bankrupt, then had his house foreclosed on and he had to sell his ranch property as well.

Yeah....was sarcasm.

As Burt's buddy Jerry Reed would say, She got the goldmine and I got the shaft.

• Options
    Dawg88Dawg88 Posts: 202 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'd say White Lightning. Or maybe The Longest Yard. The mid-70s films were his best, imo.

• Options
    Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Always liked Stroker Ace, Gator wasn't bad either. RIP Burt

• Options
    ChicagoDawgChicagoDawg Posts: 438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

Rip Bert
    Smokey and the bandit. Filmed in GEORGIA