Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Excluding Smokey and the Bandit, your favorite Burt Reynolds performance? RIP

13»

Comments

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Some of his movies were great, some were just so-so, but he was always good either way.

Deliverance, White Lightning, The Longest Yard, Gator, Nickelodeon, Semi-Tough, The End, Hooper, Starting Over, Cannonball Run, Sharky's Machine, Best Little **** in Texas, City Heat, Striptease, Boogie Nights. Some good TV work too.

RIP.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AnotherDawg said:
    Some of his movies were great, some were just so-so, but he was always good either way.

Deliverance, White Lightning, The Longest Yard, Gator, Nickelodeon, Semi-Tough, The End, Hooper, Starting Over, Cannonball Run, Sharky's Machine, Best Little **** in Texas, City Heat, Striptease, Boogie Nights. Some good TV work too.

RIP.

The End has one of my all time favorite scenes. Reynolds who thought he was dying swam out into the ocean to drown himself. Dom Deluise ran to the beach and yelled that the test had been wrong and he wasn't dying after all. Burt started swimming toward the beach. He prayed for God to save him and in return he made promises to do better. The closer he got to shore the more he bargained down the price he was willing to pay God to save him.

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Burt’s dad is who Gleason tried to immulate in Smokey. I think he was a Sheriff down in Fla

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@orlando said:
    Burt’s dad is who Gleason tried to immulate in Smokey. I think he was a Sheriff down in Fla

He was indeed.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Deliverance . Or... The Longest Yard. Or... Cannonball Run

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    1. Deliverance.
    2. The Longest Yard.
    3. Boogie Nights.
    4. Sharkey's Machine.
    5. Hooper.

An interesting note....Burt did all his own stunts in numbers 1, 2, and 5. That's one reason his knees, hips, and back were shot to hell and he had to use canes and a wheelchair to get around in his older years.

As a lot of you know, I live in Thomasville and work in Tallahassee. There's a rumor going around in Tally that he was watching the FSU game and began having chest pains when he got worked up over the game. No kidding.

• Options
    edited September 2018

@orlando said:

Actually the police chief in Riviera Beach, Fl..., but basically the same thing. Jackie Gleason as also allowed to ad lib a lot of his lines. But...the term, 'sumbi t ch' was all Reynolds' father.

• Options
    jgf1031jgf1031 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

My girlfriend: "Wasn't he T u r d Furguson from SNL?"

I love and hate her lol

• Options
    CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We have a goat named Burt. The only movie star my wife has a crush on.

• Options
    georgiaboygeorgiaboy Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@UnderDog68 said:
    1. Deliverance.
    2. The Longest Yard.
    3. Boogie Nights.
    4. Sharkey's Machine.
    5. Hooper.

An interesting note....Burt did all his own stunts in numbers 1, 2, and 5. That's one reason his knees, hips, and back were shot to hell and he had to use canes and a wheelchair to get around in his older years.

As a lot of you know, I live in Thomasville and work in Tallahassee. There's a rumor going around in Tally that he was watching the FSU game and began having chest pains when he got worked up over the game. No kidding.

Didn't he also do his own stunts in Sharkey's machine?

• Options
    BigGAdawgBigGAdawg Posts: 575 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Chopper said:
    I wonder what he left Loni Anderson in his will?

You are kidding I hope. She took him for EVERYTHING in the divorce. H_e_l_l hath no fury like a woman scorned...especially if she has a real pit bull for a lawyer.

• Options
    BigGAdawgBigGAdawg Posts: 575 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Favorite movies are Deliverance, Hooper, and the first Smokey and the Bandit. R.I.P.

• Options
    Dawg0924Dawg0924 Posts: 130 ✭✭✭ Junior

Deliverance, Smokey And The Bandit, Best Little **** in Texas, Stroker Ace

• Options

@georgiaboy said:

@UnderDog68 said:
    1. Deliverance.
    2. The Longest Yard.
    3. Boogie Nights.
    4. Sharkey's Machine.
    5. Hooper.

Didn't he also do his own stunts in Sharkey's machine?

Some, but not all.