Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

SDS's Keith Farner

GoDawgs1234GoDawgs1234 Posts: 14 ✭ Freshman

As a South Carolina reporter I understand he is talking up his team, but he wrote this:
Riley Ridley and Mecole Hardman are capable, but still leave something to be desired as go-to options. I understand Hardman had three catches for 41 yards and a touchdown against South Carolina last year. Ridley, for example, had one catch for 7 yards. I think Horn can keep up with those guys just fine.

Did he not see the NCG?

Comments

• Options
    Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I can not wait for the chickens to eat crow. They get bigger in the britches than any team I know that has accomplished NOTHING! More material for the bulletin board I guess.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,754 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm not sure any team in the nation has better WRs than UGA. Not to mention a group of elite RBs who can catch out of the backfield. Then there are the TEs...

SC is desperately trying to compare their guys to ours, and failing.

• Options
    RobbieRob14RobbieRob14 Posts: 217 ✭✭✭ Junior

I talked about this guy in one of my posts. Reading his words really leaves me with the most puzzled look on my face.
    Along with the quote that you included, his assessment was basically “UGA’s 5star true freshman can’t hang with Samuel, but USC’s 4star TF can hang with anyone on the UGA roster”... I want what he’s smoking.

• Options

If I remember correctly, wasn't there a lot of rain against SC last year?

• Options
    fmr33fmr33 Posts: 210 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@pgjackson said:

no, it was a perfect day. was there.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@fmr33 said:

@pgjackson said:

Of course it was perfect. It was in Athens!!!!!!!!!

• Options

@fmr33 said:

@pgjackson said:

Man, I must be losing my mind. For some reason I thought I remember it being a foul-weather game.

• Options
    pippin888pippin888 Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

It was not last year the weather was bad but the year before. lightning delay. then 2 yrs before had the Sunday game because of hurricane if my memory serves me correctly.

• Options
    Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He talked about a random freshman named Horn keeping up with Hardman and Ridley. Lolz

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

@Raiderbeater1 said:
    He talked about a random freshman named Horn keeping up with Hardman and Ridley. Lolz

And to be fair Horn was a guy who was on our radar recruiting-wise. However, it is silly to downplay Campbell but then turn around and build up Horn checking two guys who showed out in the national title game against Bama's D earlier this year.

• Options
    DawginSCDawginSC Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He left out Terry Godwin (3 catches for 53 yards against SC).

Horn (if you're interested) is actually the son of Joe Horn (old Saints WR). He was a solid 4-star... on par with Divaad Wilson or Chris Smith from UGA's recruiting class, but behind Campbell and Joseph.

I think he'll turn into a good player. I think he's going to struggle in his second game more than Campbell will.

• Options
    mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Grasping at straws because there's no substance to the pro-USCe arguments.

• Options
    DamnYankeeDawgDamnYankeeDawg Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@GoDawgs1234 said:
    As a South Carolina reporter I understand he is talking up his team, but he wrote this:
    Riley Ridley and Mecole Hardman are capable, but still leave something to be desired as go-to options. I understand Hardman had three catches for 41 yards and a touchdown against South Carolina last year. Ridley, for example, had one catch for 7 yards. I think Horn can keep up with those guys just fine.

Did he not see the NCG?

Nah, he didn't. In fact, he would tell you that Saban should have watched tape on this game to see how SC shut down our WRs.

• Options
    oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Raiderbeater1 said:

You forgot about Demetris Robertson.