Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Tim Tebow chooses SC over Georgia?

DogmaticDogmatic Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

He spoke with Laura Rutledge on SEC FriendZone and said that SC matches up really well with UGA. He named about 5 of their players and mentioned that we were young and could easily be upset on the road. 'It's gonna be a crazy game,' he mouthed. I think he's trying to find something to talk about that 'pretends' to be an original thought. The only Georgia players he's mentioned other than Fromm are the ones who graduated last year... like we don't have anybody now!? I truly hope we embarrass them little chickens and him too.

Comments

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He also is famous down in the swamps for giving some tearful speech about how he will never lose again.

• Options
    ugaforeverugaforever Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2018

Click bait. He'll be saying the same thing about the next underdog team SEC Nation goes to cover next weekend. I think it's at 'Ole Miss next.

• Options
    moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wonder what the industry term for the role of talking up the underdog is.

• Options
    DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@moos said:

Dunno about the industry term but Tim's probably more Matthew 5:5
    "Blessed are the Meek for they shall inherit the earth."
    Bear in mind, that scripture doesn't say anything about inheriting a National Championship.

• Options
    PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Actually, he said he thinks Georgia will make the playoffs, but that our young talent will take time to mature and they will slip up in SC. I thought it was more of a political approach—he hedged both ways. No matter who wins, he can say he told us that would happen.

• Options
    PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m also not sure the Gamecocks are as cocky as we seem to think they are: look over on Garnetandblack and their own Fan/experts mostly pick us to win the game.

https://www.garnetandblackattack.com/2018/9/7/17833390/staff-roundtable-south-carolina-gamecocks-georgia-bulldogs-predictions

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,754 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Does SC not have any young new starters? Did their entire team come back this season? Every team loses starters every year. The difference is, we replace them with 4-5 star blue chip players while SC replaces with primarily 3-star guys. It makes a huge difference. Our second string OL is more talented than their starting line. I’m getting tired of people saying we lost a lot of talent. That is how college football works.

• Options
    CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I watched last year's game last night. It seemed like they lost a lot of seniors this year on defense.

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tebow plays "string" football. That's where he runs the ball and the defense pulls the "thing on a string" out of his.........

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

I think somebody in the media is told to pick SC if it is at all credible to do so. Tebow is tapping in to the years of UGA failing in important games--his glory years.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@moos said:

stooge? Tool?

• Options
    ColaDawg86ColaDawg86 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tebow picked the Dawgs. Marcus Spears picked the Chickens.

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ColaDawg86 said:

Yep. Tebow been blowing smoke. Marcus go brain freeze from the tub. Said he **** water up his nose

• Options

@RPMdawg said:

@ColaDawg86 said:

Yep. Tebow been blowing smoke. Marcus go brain freeze from the tub. Said he **** water up his nose

Tebow can't even hit a curve ball.

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@RPMdawg said:

@ColaDawg86 said:

Hope he knocks his pick out the park!

• Options

@donm said:

@RPMdawg said:

@ColaDawg86 said:

To be fair Tebow was an Allstar for AA. He was hitting well before he got hurt.

• Options

@ColaDawg86 said:

@donm said:

@RPMdawg said:

@ColaDawg86 said:

I think he was hitting in the .240's ?

• Options

@donm said:

@ColaDawg86 said:

@donm said:

@RPMdawg said:

@ColaDawg86 said:

I believe in the .260's

• Options

@ColaDawg86 said:

@donm said:

@ColaDawg86 said:

@donm said:

@RPMdawg said:

@ColaDawg86 said:

I believe in the .260's

Better than I thought. Wonder why the Mets didn't bring him up. Maybe next year. If he's hitting 260's he's made very nice progress - better than I thought he would. Too bad he's an old dude.