Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What surprised you about the South Carolina game?

JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What shocked you or surprised you as you watched our team play South Carolina, or as you reflect back on the game?

I expected Georgia to win by at least 17 points, so the final score was not a surprise. But there were a few.

• How good South Carolina looked.
  • How SC dominated on both offense and defense for a while in the first half.
  • How little I saw of DRob.
  • How vanilla our offense was for the most part (but why change it if you're always up).
  • How quickly the fickle South Carolina fans left the game once their delusional hopes and dreams turned to smoke.

Which was your favorite of these surprises? Mine was watching the SC fans leave and seeing the empty seats.

This was a very good game for our team I think. Character building. Confidence building. Tough. Challenging. Physical. The game was - as Florida fans like to say, and as South Carolina fans now have my official permission to say - a lot closer than the scoreboard indicated.

What surprised you?

Go, Dawgs!

Comments

• Options
    cd1044cd1044 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Also y’all dont worry about Campbell he will be fine he needs to tighten up his techniquw tho

• Options
    VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Second bullet, they never led in the game and only meaningful TD came on a trick play. Not sure how you give them credit for “dominating” for a while.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BoroDawg said:
    How was the game much closer than the scoreboard indicated? We took the entire 4th quarter off.

How was the Florida game last year closer than the scoreboard indicated?

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JimWallace said:

@BoroDawg said:
    How was the game much closer than the scoreboard indicated? We took the entire 4th quarter off.

How was the Florida game last year closer than the scoreboard indicated?

Go, Dawgs!

Never wear beer goggles while reading posts. I see what you’re saying now. Go Dawgs

• Options
    JesupdawgJesupdawg Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Even though the score don’t indicate, SC was better than I thought, we just made a heck of adjustment at halftime

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thought I read that either their d or o line was weakest part of team. Either way I didnt see it.

• Options
    K9BluesK9Blues Posts: 618 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@BoroDawg
    Yeah, I may be totally wrong. You are probably right. It was just a guess that hasn’t been mentioned and that I had on the back of my mind as an outside of the box reason :)

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was also surprised at how we didn’t show a lot of offensive flair. I guess we didn’t need to really. Why not play vanilla if you win by 23? Still, Fromm wasn’t quite as sharp as I expected, but it wasn’t like he was bad either. Overall, really strong showing. We are clearly the better team. Wasn’t close.

• Options
    MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That LeCounte played so well. He had a decent year last year, but he was dominant today. And that Baker was such a good open-field tackler. The guy is known for how well he defends passes, but he absolutely lined someone up today in the second half of the game.

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

Not surprised by the score, but surprised that we outrushed SC 295-63, with balanced effort on both sides of the ball.

Offense: Holyfield 79 rush yds, Swift 67, Herrien 45, Cook 38, Hudson 19.

Defense: LeCounte 10 tackles, Rice 8, Baker 6 + INT & 2 pass breakups, Walker 4 + 2 TFL & a sack, Reed 3 + TFL + INT.

https://georgiadogs.com/boxscore.aspx?id=13155&path=football

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greshamdisco said:
    I was also surprised at how we didn’t show a lot of offensive flair. I guess we didn’t need to really. Why not play vanilla if you win by 23? Still, Fromm wasn’t quite as sharp as I expected, but it wasn’t like he was bad either. Overall, really strong showing. We are clearly the better team. Wasn’t close.

It took a minute for Jake to find his groove but he seemed pretty efficient in the 2nd half.

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best LB combo imo today was Patrick and Taylor.

Our TEs blocking isn’t where it needs to be and their usage still lower than anticipated.

Fromm was pedestrian first half.

Our defense is farther along than I’d figured they be this early. Held point of attack well and secondary proved they’ll be better this year than last.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    Best LB combo imo today was Patrick and Taylor.

Our TEs blocking isn’t where it needs to be and their usage still lower than anticipated.

Fromm was pedestrian first half.

Our defense is farther along than I’d figured they be this early. Held point of attack well and secondary proved they’ll be better this year than last.

Yeah, the TE play seemed kind of blah.

• Options
    DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

Now we know why CKS was on LeCounte a few weeks ago. Just needed a little kick to start that motor rollin. LeCounte's one of my top Dawgs and man did he put a smile on my old mug today.