Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Florence is now a catagory 4 hurricane and strengthening...

Comments

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@FirePlugDawg said:

@WCDawg said:
    Very off topic, ......

But posted in the General category. There IS an Off Topic category. Could use it.

Generally speaking, I'm a rebel-ish nonconformist.

• Options

Volvos are safe when used correctly, not so much when being hurled at you while you're tied to a tree.

• Options
    tymoon31tymoon31 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Eh, its just a little wind and rain. Nothin to see here.

• Options

@tymoon31 said:
    Eh, its just a little wind and rain. Nothin to see here.

That's what Dorothy thought.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@DawgBones said:
    My family farm is right up the Cape Fear just outside of Wilmington. We've got the corn in but the soybeans probably won't make it. The folks up there have been through many blows so I know they're ready for it. Coincidently was talking to a neighboring farmer just this past Spring and we both agreed that the area was due for a big one.

I hope everybody finds safe haven, the crops are important too, but next spring will bring new growth.

Sounds a bit like Chauncey Gardener.

• Options
    CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Have to work here in Chesapeake, VA, I work for the city in public utilities. We start 12 on 12 off Wednesday night.

• Options

@donm said:

@WCDawg said:

@DawgBones said:
    My family farm is right up the Cape Fear just outside of Wilmington. We've got the corn in but the soybeans probably won't make it. The folks up there have been through many blows so I know they're ready for it. Coincidently was talking to a neighboring farmer just this past Spring and we both agreed that the area was due for a big one.

I hope everybody finds safe haven, the crops are important too, but next spring will bring new growth.

Sounds a bit like Chauncey Gardener.

Ignorance, wisdom...same difference.

• Options
    mikeshuemikeshue Posts: 36 ✭✭ Sophomore

HUGO was really Bad. This one is going to tear up the place. We need to prepare for helping after the effect. We can help out as a Dawg Nation to the area affected.

• Options

@greshamdisco said:
    While we are off-topic, tomorrow is 9-11. Never forget.

Wow, no lead up in media this year.

• Options

@Catfish said:
    Have to work here in Chesapeake, VA, I work for the city in public utilities. We start 12 on 12 off Wednesday night.

I lived just off the main north-south road thru Greenville SC in 1994 when we had the worst ice storm ever just north of us in the mountain bridge area of SC and the mountains of Western NC. For days afterward an army of Duke Power trucks passed thru on their way north. I didn't think they had so many vehicles in their entire multi-state operations.
    Close to 2.5 million people were without power, some for weeks.

• Options
    DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:
    I lived just off the main north-south road thru Greenville SC in 1994 when we had the worst ice storm ever just north of us in the mountain bridge area of SC and the mountains of Western NC. For days afterward an army of Duke Power trucks passed thru on their way north. I didn't think they had so many vehicles in their entire multi-state operations.

Ahhh great memories. That was my last of 3 winters in Asheville. Snowed in for over a week with no power. Had a neighbor that used almost all of his new deck for firewood just to keep warm.

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@Catfish said:

Was that 94 or 95? I remember going back to school after Christmas break my freshman year in 95 and getting a hotel room in Greenvegas with another buddy from Atlanta because the roads got bad. Got snowed in for a couple of days.

• Options

@scooterdawg said:

Was that 94 or 95? I remember going back to school after Christmas break my freshman year in 95 and getting a hotel room in Greenvegas with another buddy from Atlanta because the roads got bad. Got snowed in for a couple of days.

94, remember it well as I finally got some smarts and came back to Georgia.

• Options

@DawgBones said:

@WCDawg said:

Ahhh great memories. That was my last of 3 winters in Asheville. Snowed in for over a week with no power. Had a neighbor that used almost all of his new deck for firewood just to keep warm.

The blizzard tracked a bit north of Greenville, the ice storm came the next winter.
    I did some hiking from Jones Gap to Cesar's Head after the blizzard, the snow wasn't quite as deep as where you were or here in NW Georgia, but there was 20 inches or so to wade thru.
    I lived outside of Asheville from 2001 till Oct 2008, it's my favorite place in the east.

• Options

@scooterdawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@Catfish said:

It could have been 95, I was thinking it was a year after the 93 blizzard, but I could be mistaken.

• Options
    edited September 2018

@WCDawg said:
    The blizzard tracked a bit north of Greenville, the ice storm came the next winter.
    I did some hiking from Jones Gap to Cesar's Head after the blizzard, the snow wasn't quite as deep as where you were or here in NW Georgia, but there was 20 inches or so to wade thru.
    I lived outside of Asheville from 2001 till Oct 2008, it's my favorite place in the east.

So let me guess, WC stands for Western Carolina.

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I must have been thinking of the ice storm then. Though there was a fair amount of snow. I was just happy to be out of my parents’ house and being snowed in with some grass, beer, and the NFL playoffs on wasn’t bad at all lol. To be 18 again. Sigh.

• Options

@DawgBones said:

@WCDawg said:

So let me guess, WC stands for Western Carolina.

Nope William and an undisclosed middle name.