Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

UGA now # 13 in public universities rankings

greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Comments

• Options
    Dawg88Dawg88 Posts: 202 ✭✭✭ Junior

The university consistently fares well in the quality of its student body, which has been on a steady ascent. This fall marked the sixth consecutive year that the entering first-year class set a record for academic excellence, as the Class of 2022 enrolled with an average high school GPA of 4.04, an average ACT score of 30 and an average SAT score of 1365. Over the past five years, the number of applications for undergraduate admissions has increased nearly 30 percent as demand for a UGA degree has grown.

As Coach Pittman would say: "Yessssirrrrrr!"

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

An average GPA of 4.04.

Sounds ridiculous to me. I’m not convinced that’s something to be proud of.

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

What’s the deal with the new way SAT’s are scored?

When I took them, it was out of 1600. Now it’s out of 2400 I think?

So the UGA average 1384 out of 2400 would be like 922 out of 1600?

That can’t be right. 922 was a little below average nationally back when I took it.

• Options
    fmr33fmr33 Posts: 210 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@levander said:

That can’t be right. 922 was a little below average nationally back when I took it.

that’s out of two sections - reading/writing, and math

1384/1600, not 1384/2400

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@fmr33 said:

@levander said:

that’s out of two sections - reading/writing, and math

1384/1600, not 1384/2400

Correct. I think the extra 800 is for a written essay type thing that is often optional. Some schools have even done away with the SAT/ACT requirement. I think that Harvard is one of them.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My daughter is a current student. Everybody at UGA was a top student in high school. She's a junior. In her class the average student had a 4.0 in high school + high ACT and SAT scores. According to her, most people she knows at UGA attended a private school, or a magnet school, or a charter school; I think her word wasn't "most people," but everybody.

Which of us old time graduates would have even been admitted now?

Still, I remember a lot of people who partied in the fall not coming back after Christmas.

UGA is headed for Public Ivy status. It is obvious we're attracting academically smart and ambitious football players, too. That certainly helps our team football IQ.

Go, Dawgs!