Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Does UGA show mercy this weekend?

ugaforeverugaforever Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Or does UGA run up the score because of the weak schedule? I say run it up. I think UGA needs stats to get into the final 4.

Comments

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Depends how the backups do once they are in early to mid 3rd quarter

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't see any need to run up the score. W's and L's are the most important factor. Wins over teams perceived as cupcakes, even with large margins, don't register that much with the selection committee. If we are going to run up scores, do it against conference opponents if we can.

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Heavy run game to keep clock moving with weather. 45-7 Dawgs. Fromm doesn’t play second half.

• BullyDawgBullyDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think CKS will show mercy and keep it under a hundred...
    Srsly, I think it'll be similar to Austin Peay, although MTSU is a higher caliber opponent with a decent passing attack.
    I say UGA scores in the mid to high 40s. MTSU scores 7 to10 at most. Subs play liberally, especially now that it's a noon kickoff and it'll be hotter than _______ (you fill in the blank!)

@BullyDawg said:
    I think CKS will show mercy and keep it under a hundred...
    Srsly, I think it'll be similar to Austin Peay, although MTSU is a higher caliber opponent with a decent passing attack.
    I say UGA scores in the mid to high 40s. MTSU scores 7 to10 at most. Subs play liberally, especially now that it's a noon kickoff and it'll be hotter than _______ (you fill in the blank!)

Weather folks say Florence will **** lots of moisture from the air in surrounding areas, meaning it might be much less humid than in recent weeks. Might be a nice day, even at noon?

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

I believe that Georgia simply runs it's offense, the way that Georgia normally runs without anything special. Typically, IMHO that means that THIS 2018 Georgia Offensive unit, will easily get up a score up into somewhere in the 40's by the 3rd quarter. The GEORGIA DEFENSE NEEDS the REPS & (hopefully) gets either a shutout, or close to it. Then, at that point??? Georgia should let the 2nd, 3rd, & 4th string players get reps.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mostly agree with previous comments, but will add that Kirby (appears) to not want to run up the score on the cupcakes. He has said how much the game means to these teams, plus he needs them to fill the schedule.

It wouldn't surprise me that "the heat" is a reason to trim off 5 minutes in the 4th Qtr. Go Dawgs!

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@FirePlugDawg said:
    Mostly agree with previous comments, but will add that Kirby (appears) to not want to run up the score on the cupcakes. He has said how much the game means to these teams, plus he needs them to fill the schedule.

It wouldn't surprise me that "the heat" is a reason to trim off 5 minutes in the 4th Qtr. Go Dawgs!

I can see that happening. GO DAWGS!!!

• VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA is so talented that we will score a bunch of points because we are just so much better than the competition. But to your question, No. CKS will not play call aggressive late in a blow out game just for the sake of it.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We won’t need stats to get in the top 4 if we stay focused

Heard someone once say it’s important to keep the main thing the main thing.

@FirePlugDawg said:

I've heard that Florence will "****" moisture out of the air over a very wide area (most likely to include Athens) leaving lower humidity and, hopefully, more pleasant playing conditions.

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hope the wind and rain isn’t so bad that it keeps MTSU from trying to throw the ball, will be good experience for our DBs.

• BullyDawgBullyDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2018

@VaBeachDawg said:
    ... But to your question, No. CKS will not play call aggressive late in a blow out game just for the sake of it.

It's not like he's Ohio State... :D

• ADDICTED2DAWGSADDICTED2DAWGS Posts: 102 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think having a zero on the opponents score board with UGA 35+ Is more of a statement than running up 70 and letting them score on a clearly underachieved opponent

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ADDICTED2DAWGS said:
    I think having a zero on the opponents score board with UGA 35+ Is more of a statement than running up 70 and letting them score on a clearly underachieved opponent.

Totally agree, shut’em out and no need to run the score up but if second and third string players put it in the end zone then oh well.

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

Appears to be a $1.7 million practice for Mizzou and the rest of the season. Lots of players will see the field. Kirby wants to see improvement from all. The score may get out of hand just cause

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

28-0 by halftime. Fields starts the second half with the 1’s and we score another 17 points in the 3rd. 45-0 then we go to kill-the-clock. MTSU scores a late TD and Smart absolutely reams-out at DB for being out of position. Final 45-7.

• GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I expect CKS to get run for as many guys as possible. Plays will be called similarly to the prior two games with the 4th quarter being run heavy. I hope to see our running backs break a few overdue long runs.

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:
    28-0 by halftime. Fields starts the second half with the 1’s and we score another 17 points in the 3rd. 45-0 then we go to kill-the-clock. MTSU scores a late TD and Smart absolutely reams-out at DB for being out of position. Final 45-7.

As intense as kirby is, somebody's going to get reamed no matter what. And I like it. Coach em up dont hug em