Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Is LSU that good?

13»

Comments

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:
    It's funny when you have the #14 passing offense in the conference...and it's considered a huge upgrade over the year before.

@pgjackson Numerous "talking heads" have said this season in 2018, that current LSU QB Joe Burrow is simply another repeat of last year's 2017 former LSU QB Danny Etling with a different number on his jersey. LOL

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@christopherules said:

@pgjackson said:
    It's funny when you have the #14 passing offense in the conference...and it's considered a huge upgrade over the year before.

@pgjackson Numerous "talking heads" have said this season in 2018, that current LSU QB Joe Burrow is simply another repeat of last year's 2017 former LSU QB Danny Etling with a different number on his jersey. LOL

That's pretty much what I see. Not sure what all the hype is about. 45% completion rate. Bad by any standard. UGA is going to shut him down. And they don't have the RBs to pick up the slack any more.

• Options
    ADDICTED2DAWGSADDICTED2DAWGS Posts: 102 ✭✭✭ Junior

We will beat both of them. Neither team impressed me Saturday

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ADDICTED2DAWGS said:

As the season rolls on, both will improve. After all, last year, Auburn didn't look good against LSU, blowing a 20-point lead and losing.....But, they whipped our asses and Alabama's, too, by season's end. This early game really isn't telling us anything about how either team will be by the time we play them.

• Options
    ADDICTED2DAWGSADDICTED2DAWGS Posts: 102 ✭✭✭ Junior

@UnderDog68 said:

@ADDICTED2DAWGS said:

As the season rolls on, both will improve. After all, last year, Auburn didn't look good against LSU, blowing a 20-point lead and losing.....But, they whipped our asses and Alabama's, too, by season's end. This early game really isn't telling us anything about how either team will be by the time we play them.

And we won't improve?
    I understand any team can have an off day, which is what we had when we played auburn. They beat us bad, but they didn't the second time. Neither team has impressed me this far and yes I know they will improve but so will we!

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Steve_Zissou said:
    They look better than us at this point. #40 is Roquan-esque

40 is a monster but you don’t really believe that statement do you?

Had to quote it - above- to read it. Appeared as a large blank comment. DN works in mysterious ways at times. That is all. Smoke em if you got em.
    Edit It appeared as a blank again. Likely the # sign as the first character. Here is the quote: "#40 is a monster but you don’t really believe that statement do you?"

I am all that is man!

• Options
    tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In word, “No.”

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ADDICTED2DAWGS said:
    And we won't improve?
    I understand any team can have an off day, which is what we had when we played auburn. They beat us bad, but they didn't the second time. Neither team has impressed me this far and yes I know they will improve but so will we!

Sure, we will improve....I wasn't suggesting we wouldn't, because, well, we weren't talking about us. We were talking about Auburn and LSU.

• Options
    BullyDawgBullyDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@dawgnms said:

@BullyDawg said:

@christopherules said:
    @law_dawg35 The LSU defense IS, in fact that good. The offense is adequate. Serviceable. The LSU Tiger Stadium crowd (at night, in "Death Valley") AND in front of 100,000 screaming, crazy, & (a large portion of them) might just perhaps be somewhat drunk also??? THAT game right there, on October 13th of this season IS going to be a place where these Georgia Bulldogs can SHOW what they are made of!!!!
    GO DAWGS!!!!

I predict it'll be the CBS game at 3:30 ET (2:30 CT). Hope so. If so, the Crazy Cajuns won't be near as likkered up and rowdy.

wanna bet.....they will just continue getting likkered up from Friday night

LSU's football program touts night affairs in its media guide, proclaiming LSU traditionally plays better at night (.746 winning percent) than during the day (.665). Simple reason is fans aren't as rowdy (read: drunk) during day games. LSU's Athletic Director says day home games reduce their home-field advantage. “Our fans don’t like it. I don’t either,” LSU athletic director Joe Alleva told The Advocate. The biggest issue the school faces with day kickoffs is attendance, something Alleva acknowledged. “An early time slot like this usually means attendance is lighter than normal, and we want our fans to come out and support this team,” Alleva said. “They feed off that energy. That’s what’s most important here — the players.”

I want a day game, when it comes down to UGA talent vs. LSU talent ... and not the nighttime mystique of Tiger Stadium. (I also want to get back to NOLA to party after the game and I want to get there before it gets light!)

• Options
    edited September 2018

@BullyDawg said:

@dawgnms said:

@BullyDawg said:

@christopherules said:
    @law_dawg35 The LSU defense IS, in fact that good. The offense is adequate. Serviceable. The LSU Tiger Stadium crowd (at night, in "Death Valley") AND in front of 100,000 screaming, crazy, & (a large portion of them) might just perhaps be somewhat drunk also??? THAT game right there, on October 13th of this season IS going to be a place where these Georgia Bulldogs can SHOW what they are made of!!!!
    GO DAWGS!!!!

I predict it'll be the CBS game at 3:30 ET (2:30 CT). Hope so. If so, the Crazy Cajuns won't be near as likkered up and rowdy.

wanna bet.....they will just continue getting likkered up from Friday night

LSU's football program touts night affairs in its media guide, proclaiming LSU traditionally plays better at night (.746 winning percent) than during the day (.665). Simple reason is fans aren't as rowdy (read: drunk) during day games. LSU's Athletic Director says day home games reduce their home-field advantage. “Our fans don’t like it. I don’t either,” LSU athletic director Joe Alleva told The Advocate. The biggest issue the school faces with day kickoffs is attendance, something Alleva acknowledged. “An early time slot like this usually means attendance is lighter than normal, and we want our fans to come out and support this team,” Alleva said. “They feed off that energy. That’s what’s most important here — the players.”

I want a day game, when it comes down to UGA talent vs. LSU talent ... and not the nighttime mystique of Tiger Stadium. (I also want to get back to NOLA to party after the game and I want to get there before it gets light!)

@BullyDawg IF both teams are undefeated after 10/06/2018??? I feel pretty certain that CBS is going to make it a "game of the week" & that also means that both teams will probably be ranked in the top 5 nationally. All that being said???? That means that there is a 99.999999999999999999% chance it WILL (unfortunately) be a NIGHT game. GO DAWGS!!!!

• Options
    101Dawgnations101Dawgnations Posts: 37 ✭✭ Sophomore

Just an opinion, but I think Auburn, LSU, and Miami are all probably decent teams that have been or are currently overrated. I think Miami and Auburn are both talented, but I think they both walked into the LSU game unprepared. Now, LSU has capitalized and I think they've become overrated as well.

In short, I think LSU is good enough to beat some very talented teams if those teams don't give the game the focus it deserves. I still don't believe that LSU is deep enough or talented enough to beat an Alabama or Georgia squad that prepares tenaciously. And, no offense to Joe Burrow, but I don't think the QB play is good enough to keep LSU in the game with a team that has a heartbeat on offense.

• Options
    DawginSCDawginSC Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LSU's defense is top notch.

Their offense isn't. They have one solid RB... but that's it. Their QB is adequate and hasn't made mistakes... but he also hasn't made a ton of plays.

They do have an excellent kicker. If they can make games into slug-fests with their defense they can beat superior teams. If they get down more than 10 I think they'll be unable to respond.

• Options
    edited September 2018

@law_dawg35 Georgia's offense controlling the ball (turnover free), & successful scoring drives, and gaining a time of possession edge are going to obvious keys, as well as Georgia's defense being the BEST one that LSU will have faced (so far) during this season. However, Mecole Hardman, Rodrigo Blankenship, Jake Camarda, & other special teams players are going to be HUGE for this LSU football game. I believe that when it is all said and done? Georgia's kicking game, punts, punt returns, kick offs, kick returns, and field goals are going to pay HUGE dividends in the WIN!!! GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have no idea what the current line is on that game (if there is one), but I can definitely see it being between LSU -3 (home team getting 3 points) to UGA -1.5 by game time. Saving my $$$ for that game – don’t really care if it’s 3:30 or a night game, I just don’t see them hanging with us for 4 full quarters.

• Options
    BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jay_kubzz said:
    Looked horrible. They love Joe Burrow and he is trash. Makes me feel a lot better about auburn though.

Joe Burrow earned a College Degree in three years and is not "Trash".

• Options
    jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BobcatGrad said:

@jay_kubzz said:
    Looked horrible. They love Joe Burrow and he is trash. Makes me feel a lot better about auburn though.

Go away, Bob.

• Options
    edited October 2018

@jay_kubzz said:

@BobcatGrad said:

@jay_kubzz said:

Go away, Bob.

Waiting for you to get a Podcast Show with your lack of knowledge.

• Options
    dawfanfromalabamdawfanfromalabam Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This team masqueded as the #2 team in the nation. Struggling early against UT and Mizzou was the tip-off. Will lose to either Florida and Kentucky or both even if UGA wins out Bama will CRUSH this team. Sugar Bowl is the best this group can achieve this year.

• Options

@jay_kubzz said: