Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Is LSU that good?

law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Or is Auburn and Miami just that bad? They have beat 2 top 10 teams in 3 weeks.

Comments

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

Time will tell. Washington should've won that game. I still think it's too early to tell. Quick peek at LSU's schedule we are their next tough game so it's gonna be hard to tell. They should be undefeated when we come to town

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Miami tends to lose at least one game they should win each year. Auburn didn't play well.
    So I'm still not sure about LSU.
    They played very well in the first quarter I thought. Then they average for a couple of quarters.
    The jury is out.

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    brady01brady01 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:
    Time will tell. Washington should've won that game. I still think it's too early to tell. Quick peek at LSU's schedule we are their next tough game so it's gonna be hard to tell. They should be undefeated when we come to town

You mean they should be undefeated UNTIL we come to town! 😁

• Options
    PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

Won't be an easy win for us if we aren't pressuring their QB and Fromm is getting sacked.

• Options
    PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, got to hand it to LSU. They deserve to be in the top 10. Way better than I thought.

• Options
    DobroMattInOzDobroMattInOz Posts: 213 ✭✭✭ Junior

@PerroGrande said:
    Yep, got to hand it to LSU. They deserve to be in the top 10. Way better than I thought.

If it’s about deserves, they deserve to be #1 with that resume.

• Options
    LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think for now, you have to say they are. They have two top ten wins, no one else can claim that. Their offense isn’t great, but they managed to move the ball on Auburn, in Jordan-Hare, and Auburn’s defense is legit. LSU’s defense is going to be tough, and I think their early success will get them believing that maybe they have a shot at a special season. The Dawgs will have their full attention. Wins over them and Auburn will be critical for the Dawgs’ resume if they want to make the CFP.

• Options
    HumbleYourselfHumbleYourself Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I didn't see anything from them that left me more concerned about LSU than I was going into the game. By no means pushovers but they aren't world beaters either.

• Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,175 mod

I would say lucky rather than good

• Options
    Steve_ZissouSteve_Zissou Posts: 307 ✭✭✭ Junior

They look better than us at this point. #40 is Roquan-esque

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Steve_Zissou said:

Huh??? They have played better teams, but they still don’t have an offense.

• Options
    jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looked horrible. They love Joe Burrow and he is trash. Makes me feel a lot better about auburn though.

• Options
    cf_ugamancf_ugaman Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think they will give us a fight. I can't believe aub gave that game away after seeing the buss saw they were last year. This game will be amazing and can't wait to go in a few weeks.

• Options

@Steve_Zissou said:

40 is a monster but you don’t really believe that statement do you?

• Options

Not sure why font is so big, wasn’t yelling.

• Options
    RDDawgRDDawg Posts: 235 ✭✭✭ Junior

Baton Rouge is a very tough place to play and the Dawgs are going to have to fight and scratch to get a win. That environment is tough for the visitors.

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    Dawgs win by 24 in LSU even if game is at night. Too balanced on offense and LSU running game is shaky at best. Burrow is only a game manager imo. Don’t see them as a threat and they’re already overachieving. We will beat them handily.

Hope you're right. That will be alot more relaxing to watch than a nail biter. And will make a STATEMENT