Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

A huge team is about to be added in a Home and Home series .

Comments

• Options
    BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Lefty13 said:
    Stanford would be outstanding, beautiful part of the state of California. Those people would be in awe of 40000 Dawg fans in Palo Alto / Stanford.

40,000 Dawg fans that close to East Palo Alto would Not be cool. Way too small in the peninsula to accommodate Dawg fans.

Perhaps accommodations in SF, or San Jose. I’m sure Pebble Beach and Carmel would be a hit, but I’m concerned about accommodations and drifting a little too far into the EPA area. Could be dangerous.

Same issue with Berkeley and Cal. Accomodations would be ok, but Oakland/Berkeley could get dicey for tourists. Selfishly, I’d be all over that game and would LOVE it, but I like Cal more than Stanford. Games on the Farm are boring.

Oregon would be cool. I’m not familiar with Washington.

• Options

How bout Michigan for a Chick-fil-A game?

• Options
    CaliforniaDawgCaliforniaDawg Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Lefty13 said:
    Stanford would be outstanding, beautiful part of the state of California. Those people would be in awe of 40000 Dawg fans in Palo Alto / Stanford.

And if it's Stanford or Berkeley, I'll host a tailgate on a boat in the San Francisco Bay.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

@Bigcalidawg said:

@Lefty13 said:

40,000 Dawg fans that close to East Palo Alto would Not be cool. Way too small in the peninsula to accommodate Dawg fans.

Perhaps accommodations in SF, or San Jose. I’m sure Pebble Beach and Carmel would be a hit, but I’m concerned about accommodations and drifting a little too far into the EPA area. Could be dangerous.

Same issue with Berkeley and Cal. Accomodations would be ok, but Oakland/Berkeley could get dicey for tourists. Selfishly, I’d be all over that game and would LOVE it, but I like Cal more than Stanford. Games on the Farm are boring.

Don't know the school/facilities - stadium is on its own arm of a peninsular, vicinity of Seattle - but a September game would likely have wonderful weather - clear sky, warm but no humidity. Might have same into roughly mid-October. After that, the rain begins and continues, and continues Energizer bunny style until late May. Husky fans are a real deal. So, hope for an early season game, and Dawg fans would really enjoy the trip. An extended stay could allow a "cruise ship" trip to Victoria, BC - itself a beautiful city.

• Options
    Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@CaliforniaDawg said:

@Lefty13 said:

And if it's Stanford or Berkeley, I'll host a tailgate on a boat in the San Francisco Bay.

I'm in for that, would be a new and unique experience.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Lefty13 said:

@CaliforniaDawg said:

@Lefty13 said:

maybe take your boat to McCovey Cove and catch a HR.

• Options
    CaliforniaDawgCaliforniaDawg Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@Lefty13 said:

@CaliforniaDawg said:

@Lefty13 said:

maybe take your boat to McCovey Cove and catch a HR.

I pretty often go to McCovey Cove. Recently, my daughter's friend was on our boat and we sailed up to McCovey Cove so she could say hi to her Dad who was at the Giant's game. Her Dad thought it was pretty cool seeing his daughter at the wheel of a 40 foot boat steering it over to him at the game.

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’s the Cleveland Browns.

• Options

@FirePlugDawg said:

@Bigcalidawg said:

@Lefty13 said:

Don't know the school/facilities - stadium is on its own arm of a peninsular, vicinity of Seattle - but a September game would likely have wonderful weather - clear sky, warm but no humidity. Might have same into roughly mid-October. After that, the rain begins and continues, and continues Energizer bunny style until late May. Husky fans are a real deal. So, hope for an early season game, and Dawg fans would really enjoy the trip. An extended stay could allow a "cruise ship" trip to Victoria, BC - itself a beautiful city.

Nahh friend, Im talking about Stanford. Looks cool on TV, and Palo Alto is great bar hopping and restaurants, but 40,000 Dawg Fans is just too much for the South Bay/Peninsula of S.F.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bigcalidawg said:

@FirePlugDawg said:

@Bigcalidawg said:

@Lefty13 said:

Nahh friend, Im talking about Stanford. Looks cool on TV, and Palo Alto is great bar hopping and restaurants, but 40,000 Dawg Fans is just too much for the South Bay/Peninsula of S.F.

Your last sentence that I quoted mentioned Washington (" I’m not familiar with Washington."). That is why I cited Seattle. I may be certifiable, but not for my response to your comment.

• Options

@bmauldin said:

@CaliforniaDawg said:

@Lefty13 said:

Awesome. I immediately imagined CalifDawgs boat starting to capsize in McCovey Cove with about 3,000 rabid Dawg fans clinging to the sides and each other.

• Options

@bmauldin said:

@CaliforniaDawg said:

@Lefty13 said:

Im there. My folks are in Lafayette, so Berkeley is right down the road. Berkeley would blow people’s minds for sure, lol.

• Options

@donm said:

@bmauldin said:

@CaliforniaDawg said:

@Lefty13 said:

Awesome. I immediately imagined CalifDawgs boat starting to capsize in McCovey Cove with about 3,000 rabid Dawg fans clinging to the sides and each other.

I have an irrational fear of sharks. I used to see those knuckleheads parasailing around Candlestick Park. There’s sharks all in that water.

My folks had a boat when I was a kid, but I haven’t been out on the Bay in many years.

• Options
    edited September 2018

@Bigcalidawg said:

@donm said:

@bmauldin said:

@CaliforniaDawg said:

@Lefty13 said:

I have an irrational fear of sharks. I used to see those knuckleheads parasailing around Candlestick Park. There’s sharks all in that water.

My folks had a boat when I was a kid, but I haven’t been out on the Bay in many years.

i'm not sure why a fear of sharks is irrational. Sounds pretty sane to me. Being raised in the bay area, we often went fishing around the bay and caught several sharks over the years - small ones - but always gave them a wide berth after landing them. They do have sharp teeth you know....not called nature's perfect eating machine for nothing.

• Options

Certain bodies of water I steer clear of. I’ll get in the water in Santa Cruz, or Carmel, but never around the city.

That little lake in Tilden Park in Berkeley is as close as I’ll get.

That’s cool. I never caught a shark.

• Options
    BigGAdawgBigGAdawg Posts: 575 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Lefty13 said:

The Crips would think the Bloods were mounting an offensive.

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@sarcean said:

@JMFD said:
    UCLA??

Already happening

Future OOC opponents
    2019 - Notre Dame
    2020 - Virginia (Atlanta)
    2022 - Oregon (Atlanta)
    2024 - Clemson (Atlanta)
    2025 - @UCLA
    2026 - UCLA

and then

FUTURE SEC ROTATING OPPONENTS

2019 – Texas A&M
    2020 – at Alabama
    2021 – Arkansas
    2022 – at Mississippi State
    2023 – Ole Miss
    2024 – at Texas A&M
    2025 – LSU

So we play A&M twice before lsu rotates around again? That's a weird scheduling qwirk.

• Options
    Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@PTDawg said:

@sarcean said:

@JMFD said:
    UCLA??

Already happening

Future OOC opponents
    2019 - Notre Dame
    2020 - Virginia (Atlanta)
    2022 - Oregon (Atlanta)
    2024 - Clemson (Atlanta)
    2025 - @UCLA
    2026 - UCLA

and then

FUTURE SEC ROTATING OPPONENTS

2019 – Texas A&M
    2020 – at Alabama
    2021 – Arkansas
    2022 – at Mississippi State
    2023 – Ole Miss
    2024 – at Texas A&M
    2025 – LSU

So we play A&M twice before lsu rotates around again? That's a weird scheduling qwirk.

I am glad that we are playing in the dome thus limiting Bama and Clemson, but I'd rather be doing a home and home with Oregon, Virginia, and Clemson. I'd be nice to visit the Pacific Northwest for a college football game which my Dawgs were playing.