Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kentucky?!......

MinnesotaDawgMinnesotaDawg Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looks to me like our main competition in the East. They are bullying Miss State.

Comments

• mqg96mqg96 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

They haven't beaten 2 ranked SEC opponents in a row since 1977, and they haven't started 2-0 in the SEC since 1977, and 1977 was also the last time Kentucky won the SEC :# and remember, they snapped their 31 game losing streak to Florida in Gainesville this year and Florida destroyed a mediocre Tennessee team in Knoxville. So, what can I say? Looks like Georgia's competition has gotten a lot tougher for the 2nd half of the season. LSU, Florida in Jax, Kentucky, and Auburn will be a tougher stretch than we thought coming into the season.

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Our strength of schedule is looking better every week.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MinnesotaDawg said:
    Looks to me like our main competition in the East. They are bullying Miss State.

Sorry about the duplicate thread, I didn't see this till after I posted it.

Also, what's impressed me the most is Kentucky's defense after beating Florida and a good Mississippi State offense with Nick Fitzgerald. Plus, they have a solid running game with that Snell guy or whoever his name is. Georgia's run defense better get it together or it's going to be a battle in Lexington this year, and historically even against the bad teams Georgia hasn't had it that easy in that stadium. 2010 Auburn barely escaped Kentucky in Lexington by a field goal the year they won the national championship. Now imagine how playing a much better Kentucky team in Lexington will be like.

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kentucky over MS State
    Vanderbilt playing within 5 points of Notre Dame
    playing LSU and Auburn on crossover
    possibly playing Bama in SEC Championship
    USCjr or Missouri should be ranked in top 25 by end of season.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,649 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hmm...I’m betting the SECE might have 3 ranked teams. UGA, KY and USC.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:
    Hmm...I’m betting the SECE might have 3 ranked teams. UGA, KY and USC.

I agree with this

@coastaldawg said:
    Our strength of schedule is looking better every week.

This too. Coming into the season our 2018 schedule was supposed to be a cake walk. You could argue every game from LSU up until Auburn gets tougher and tougher. South Carolina also dominated Vanderbilt in Nashville for their 10th straight win in the series, and Notre Dame was at home and barely escaped Vanderbilt.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MinnesotaDawg said:

FL looked a lot better tonight against the Vowels...although they couldn't beat KY in the Swamp. I wouldn't discount them.

• LD10LD10 Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Also Missouri beat Purdue who beat a ranked Boston College team today.

• MinnesotaDawgMinnesotaDawg Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mqg96 said:
    Also, what's impressed me the most is Kentucky's defense after beating Florida and a good Mississippi State offense with Nick Fitzgerald. Plus, they have a solid running game with that Snell guy or whoever his name is. Georgia's run defense better get it together or it's going to be a battle in Lexington this year, and historically even against the bad teams Georgia hasn't had it that easy in that stadium. 2010 Auburn barely escaped Kentucky in Lexington by a field goal the year they won the national championship. Now imagine how playing a much better Kentucky team in Lexington will be like.

Completely agree. They are a tough, physical team with a couple of stars. Snell is the real deal at RB and Josh Allen, their OLB, is a beast. Made plans in the summer to go to Lexington for the Dawg this season. Looks like it will be a tougher game than I bargained for.