Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Here's what I think Kirby should require after a touchdown

2»

Comments

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

@Polynikes said:

@DobroMattInOz said:
    I HATE rugby, but one point I like about it is the requirement to ground the ball in the endzone. I understand why we don’t do it anymore, and the forward pass is awesome, but it’s neat to see a score denied by holding the ball carrier up of the ground.

Did you watch the Amazon Prime series about the New Zealand All Blacks? That game is awesome. I used to hate it too.

If you aren't familiar with the All-Blacks, you need to be. They are the rugby equivalent of the Patriots/Bama/Cowboys/Yankess/GS Warriors/Lakers all in one. Kind of the ruling team of international rugby for generations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand_national_rugby_union_team

• Options
    GodawgGodawg Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior

Just make them take the ball to Kirby. It's not a touchdown until Kirby has the ball...

• Options
    BigGAdawgBigGAdawg Posts: 575 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

At the moment I saw this AGAIN my exact thoughts were that they should be required by Kirby to walk over to the nearest Ref and hand them the ball. I remember that Herschel used to do that and was lauded as being a gentleman when he did so. Nothing wrong with exercising good manners and avoiding any chance of another screw-up of this type. Frankly, I think it smacks of cranial_rectal_inversion...a disease that can afflict all ages. It ranks right up there with the motion that looks like they are eating your breakfast...low class gesture.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigGAdawg said:
    At the moment I saw this AGAIN my exact thoughts were that they should be required by Kirby to walk over to the nearest Ref and hand them the ball. I remember that Herschel used to do that and was lauded as being a gentleman when he did so. Nothing wrong with exercising good manners and avoiding any chance of another screw-up of this type. Frankly, I think it smacks of cranial_rectal_inversion...a disease that can afflict all ages. It ranks right up there with the motion that looks like they are eating your breakfast...low class gesture.

This.