Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Week 5 big games

PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

we have 4 potential playoff teams playing each other this weekend

Notre Dame vs Stanford kicking off at 730 and Penn State vs Ohio State kicking off at the same time

Who do you think gets the win?

ND is favored on the spread by 5.5 and I think they cover it

Ohio State is favored over Penn State by 3.5 currently, but I honestly have no idea how this game turns out

Comments

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Penn State and Stanford lose.

Both games are close enough as to be interesting at least going into them. We don't actually know a lot about most teams yet. Some undefeated teams probably shouldn't be (hint: Stanford).

I don't much like any of these teams so I'll just cheer for the underdog. If the underdog changes during the course of the game I'll switch to the new underdog. Unless it gets out of hand and boring.

When Georgia is ahead by 50 points it's still exciting, but somehow that doesn't apply to a lot of non-Georgia games. I want them close and competitive.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don’t like either Urban Crier or James franklin - maybe a scoreless tie?

• Options
    Dawgy_FreshDawgy_Fresh Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Osu is my least favorite non rival team but they our psu in a body bag. Vandy almost beat the Irish. I think Stanford wins by 10.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

I think Ohio cruises. Could be tough though bc it’s a road game at night and they’re doing the white out thing.

Notre Dame looked great with Ian Book at QB. I look for them to roll

• Options
    jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Ohio State wins and covers the spread by a very wide margin.

I’m actually picking Stanford to win this game. I don’t have faith in ND run defense and I think the Stanford Oline and Love will get the job done. Ian Book looked really good against Wake Forest, but how will he look vs. a David Shaw coached defense? Won’t be surprised either way the game goes but if I were betting money it’d be on Stanford.

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Standford wins being on a high after the good victory over Oregon.

Penn State wins but its closer than expect and McSorely makes a Heismann bid this game. OSU losses due to injuries in the defense.

• Options
    DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

I've got The Cardinal plus 7.5. Only taking them because of the .5. A little leary as teams coming off a big win (Oregon) usually have a slight hangover the next week. As for OS, PS, I'd like to see both just beat themselves silly. A PS win would be perfect for derailing the OS season and getting them out of the conversation.
    Not that they are playoff contenders but this weekend I'm focusing more on what's going on in our backyard. KY, SC should be interesting as will FL, MissSt.

• Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,173 mod

PSU wins and covers at home....would not surprise me if they win pretty easy