Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What should I name my new buddy?

13»

Comments

• Options
    jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Some great suggestions guys. Thank y’all! I still really like Hunker Down (and am now wanting to just call him Hunker) but he wife is enjoying all of these other ideas. Some of her favorites so far:

Chubb
    Munson
    And
    Natty

We are still a couple of weeks out from getting him. I will update y’all!

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2018

@WCDawg said:

I still wonder how things would have worked out if Dooley hired Erk instead of Ray Goff as his replacement as our HC. I'm sure he wouldn't have pissed off house painters like Goff did.

We would have been running the triple option, because Paul Johnson was coming with him. Do you think the triple option would have worked in the SEC during the late 80s-early 90s or until whenever Erk decided to hang it up?

I personally think that Erk's offensive philosophy is the only reason he wasn't hired.

Was anyone in the SEC using the triple option by the late 80s or early 90s?

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod
    Dooley (too cliché?)

Did we find a winner yet?

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Something else (open to suggestions)

How about Winston, as in Churchill.

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Hunker Down (we’d call him Hunk)

@Kasey said:
    Did we find a winner yet?

2nd this

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@UnderDog68 said:

@WCDawg said:

I still wonder how things would have worked out if Dooley hired Erk instead of Ray Goff as his replacement as our HC. I'm sure he wouldn't have pissed off house painters like Goff did.

We would have been running the triple option, because Paul Johnson was coming with him. Do you think the triple option would have worked in the SEC during the late 80s-early 90s or until whenever Erk decided to hang it up?

I personally think that Erk's offensive philosophy is the only reason he wasn't hired.

I think we could have won with the triple option, Tracy Hamm was elite running it at Georgia Southern. Of course Nebraska had some success with it in the 90s.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2018

@jarred_buck said:
    Some great suggestions guys. Thank y’all! I still really like Hunker Down (and am now wanting to just call him Hunker) but he wife is enjoying all of these other ideas. Some of her favorites so far:

Chubb
    Munson
    And
    Natty

We are still a couple of weeks out from getting him. I will update y’all!

Well, And is not a good name for a male dog, nor likely any dog. (Can be confused with Ann, a female name - traditionally - don't hate, ladies. Don't hate.)

While I still advocate Fred the G Sanford, calling him Freddy G, Chubb has some good possibilities. I call my little male - not that little male - Bub, sometimes, so Chubb fits too. Other variations (still naming him Chubb officially and most often), are Chubs, Chubster, the Chubster, Chubby, Chubkins, Chubarino, if you are not into the whole brevity thing, etc. - to fit the occasion and mood.

Good luck with it. Beautiful pup you have there.

• Options
    GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Another vote for Munson.

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@UnderDog68 said:

@WCDawg said:

I think we could have won with the triple option, Tracy Hamm was elite running it at Georgia Southern. Of course Nebraska had some success with it in the 90s.

Nebraska ran it from 1972 until they made their big mistake and fired Solich in 2003, who was also running the same thing Osbourne ran. They were awesome at it. Nothing but Veer plays using an H-Back or running the I-Veer. Loved watching them play back then. You knew what was coming, but you couldn't stop it. Nebraska and OU were the best option teams I remember seeing as a kid and as a young adult.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I actually kind of like LeCounte. Maybe nickname him count.

I also think Sony would be good. Since it's a more common name I like it's subtlety with the UGA association.

• Options

Oh no! I forgot to update this thread! We ended up naming him Hunker. He's already a DGD and was super easy to house train! Now, if I can only get him through his gnawing phase...

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jarred_buck said:
    Oh no! I forgot to update this thread! We ended up naming him Hunker. He's already a DGD and was super easy to house train! Now, if I can only get him through his gnawing phase...

Applaud that choice!!

• Options

Hunker hates the Gators. He has a little bit of a cherry eye that comes and goes, so we will need to get that taken care of at some point.

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jarred_buck said:

The baby just loves him!!

Awesome

• Options
    BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@kelly_b said:
    I like Erk. I mean, he always looked like a bulldog.

Try as I might, I am not getting the house painter reference. Help.