Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Playoff picture

2»

Comments

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RPMdawg said:
    I dont feel a 1 loss UGA team makes it unless we win the SECC. We're not the media darlings that Bama, ND,OSU are yet. But may be soon

Here's a screwball...UGA goes to the SECCG at 11-1 to play a 12-0 Bama. UGA wins. What happens? What if it was the opposite (a 1-loss Bama beats a 12-0 UGA)?

• Options
    bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If ND wins out they’re in regardless, waiting to see how sunshine reacts after getting his clock cleaned but don’t think CU gets in this year. Big 12 beats everyone up, OSU probably wins it all undefeated. So SECC ND OSU, that 4th spot is going to be hard to pick for this year. This is going to be the year that there’s the biggest push for an expanded playoff imo.

• Options
    DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bigdawg2223 said:
    If ND wins out they’re in regardless, waiting to see how sunshine reacts after getting his clock cleaned but don’t think CU gets in this year. Big 12 beats everyone up, OSU probably wins it all undefeated. So SECC ND OSU, that 4th spot is going to be hard to pick for this year. This is going to be the year that there’s the biggest push for an expanded playoff imo.

Should they win out ND is not necessarily guaranteed a final 4 selection. Remember ND will not be playing an extra game to win a conference. Depending on the SOS a perfect13 game conference winner may very well jump the Irish who will only have played 12 games.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Doesn’t Ohio state always get beat by someone that wasn’t expected

• Options

@DawgBones said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

Should they win out ND is not necessarily guaranteed a final 4 selection. Remember ND will not be playing an extra game to win a conference. Depending on the SOS a perfect13 game conference winner may very well jump the Irish who will only have played 12 games.

I understand that, I was saying I only think the SECC and OSU are the only undefeated champions.

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:

@RPMdawg said:
    I dont feel a 1 loss UGA team makes it unless we win the SECC. We're not the media darlings that Bama, ND,OSU are yet. But may be soon

Here's a screwball...UGA goes to the SECCG at 11-1 to play a 12-0 Bama. UGA wins. What happens? What if it was the opposite (a 1-loss Bama beats a 12-0 UGA)?

Either scenario Bama is possible to go with loss. UGA loses in either scenario, nope

• Options
    PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can't imagine Tua playing 4 full Q and Bama not winning the NC and the SECCG.

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What happens with an undefeated UCF team riding a two-year unbeaten streak? Like last year they will not have beaten a good team, but after the fuss they made about being “national champs” last year, they’ll get more consideration than they have earned this year. History shows that some of the teams that are undefeated now will lose before the year is over, but it seems to me that we will have to win the SECCG to make the playoffs this year.

• Options

@Polynikes said:

@Polynikes said:

People said that last year about Hurts.

• Options
    PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I remember in '12, we had a lot of freshman talent. Gurley, Marshall, Theus, Jenkins, Floyd, and many more. We got crushed and embarrassed by Spurrier in WB, but by the end of that season we had grown into a completely different team. Gurley came out against Bama and their vaunted D couldn't stop him. He gashed the Bama D for well over 100. It remains to be seen what we have here in this group. I think I've seen almost the whole class out there a bunch, but I've seen Cook, Fields, Mays, Cox, and Campbell getting played in the 1st quarter. I think Kirby is doing great work turning freshmen into sophomores by the end of the year. There is a lot of football to be played, and I think the Dawgs are a work in progress. I'm not ready to concede anything. Every team I mentioned, except Alabama, has come incredibly close to getting upset, so I think they are all beatable, and I think we can be competitive with Bama, too. We have to keep getting better, much like last year.

• Options

@Polynikes said:

Tua is legit not saying he isn’t but so is Haskins and he wasn’t terrific after getting pressured a little bit against PSU. Let’s let Tua get tested a little but even still there’s a reason we play the games.

• Options
    PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:

@Polynikes said:

@Polynikes said:

They say it now for completely different reasons and I shouldn't have to point them out.

• Options
    jgf1031jgf1031 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:

@Polynikes said:

@Polynikes said:

I remember differently. I recall people saying he couldn't pass.

• Options

@jgf1031 said:

@pgjackson said:

@Polynikes said:

@Polynikes said:

I remember differently. I recall people saying he couldn't pass.

He had some weaknesses as a passer, but he was virtually unstoppable as a DT QB for two seasons. Once we took away his running chances in the NC he was toast. Tua's game is based on passing, not running. He hasn't faced a pass defense like ours. Our DBs are much improved over last years. Could make things interesting. Bama is not invincible.