Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Are racial slurs common on UGA’s campus?

2»

Comments

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@UnderDog68 said:

@levander said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    And take this **** down.

Why don’t you want people to know whether or not racial slurs are common on UGA’s campus?

Because it serves no purpose here other than to stir up the sh1t, maybe? I have no problems with how the University acted in this matter, but it's over with and done. Sasser is gone, and IMO, that's OK.

In the words of Dean Wormer, which could easily be applied to the Sasser situation..... 'Fat, drunk and stu pid is no way to go thru life, son.'

Will this poll answer the question? I don’t think so. I would have added another choice in the poll: are racial slurs more common than at any other major university? Of course, I would have never posted the poll in the first place.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    No

@donm said:

@UnderDog68 said:

@levander said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    And take this **** down.

Why don’t you want people to know whether or not racial slurs are common on UGA’s campus?

Because it serves no purpose here other than to stir up the sh1t, maybe? I have no problems with how the University acted in this matter, but it's over with and done. Sasser is gone, and IMO, that's OK.

In the words of Dean Wormer, which could easily be applied to the Sasser situation..... 'Fat, drunk and stu pid is no way to go thru life, son.'

Will this poll answer the question? I don’t think so. I would have added another choice in the poll: are racial slurs more common than at any other major university? Of course, I would have never posted the poll in the first place.

I will have you know this poll was highly scientifically constructed. And should offer a definitive answer to the question once and for all.

Just like all polls on this forum do.

• Options
    MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey, let's face it, some of us (And I'm looking at me now) say things we shouldn't all the time. If my mother whos 76 yrs old knew of the filthy language that comes out of my mouth DAILY ( and several times a day)she would personally wash my mouth out with soap. So please, don't anyone come on hear and try to paint the UGA Faculty or Student body as bad people just because Adam Sasser and his type think it's cute to denigrate African Americans. I would think that they r n the minority because fact is MOST human beings r not racist. By the way, when James Winston stood on a table in a student center or cafeteria or whatever it was and DISRESPECTED EVERY WOMAN ON CAMPUS, why wasn't he dismissed from FLA St. Was his infraction any less egregious than Sassers? I think not, so let's move on. There's nothing much to c here.

• Options
    No

@MeR3htid You use filthy language daily? You mean just like an occasional 4 letter word every day? Still a little high for that to be daily. But if it’s just random curses here and there every day, I wouldn’t be alarmed. Especially if you have a high stress job.

• Options
    MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm actually a really nice guy. I just swear a lot because I do work in a stressful environment. But I really believe the good at UGA far outweighs the bad and hopefully idiots, Black, White or others that engage in that type of deplorable behavior r in the EXTREME minority. At least I hope so.

• Options
    BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:
    Africa Buggs, the girl who turned in Sasser for acting a **** fool at the UT/UGA game, claims:

‘Buggs, who is an African-American, said she encounters racism on UGA’s campus “all the time.” She said it was not her goal to “ruin somebody’s life,”’

From Chip’s piece: https://www.dawgnation.com/football/uga-whistle-blowers-happy-to-see-adam-sasser-dismissed-from-georgia-baseball-team

I have limited experience with UGA’s campus since I graduated 20 years ago, like I suspect most of us do. But if you have quite a bit of experience on the campus, please post and state as much. And note if you’re a current student, that doesn’t necessarily mean people are going to pay more attention to what you have to say. I’m glad we’ve got some here. But some of you floating around are social justice warriors, which a lot of people don’t agree with.

And there’s also the “blacks call themselves that too!” argument. The last option in the poll is for you guys.

Remind me how this relates to football , you sir are a sick sick individual .

• Options
    edited October 2018
    No

@BigDawgEatin said:

@levander said:
    Africa Buggs, the girl who turned in Sasser for acting a **** fool at the UT/UGA game, claims:

‘Buggs, who is an African-American, said she encounters racism on UGA’s campus “all the time.” She said it was not her goal to “ruin somebody’s life,”’

From Chip’s piece: https://www.dawgnation.com/football/uga-whistle-blowers-happy-to-see-adam-sasser-dismissed-from-georgia-baseball-team

I have limited experience with UGA’s campus since I graduated 20 years ago, like I suspect most of us do. But if you have quite a bit of experience on the campus, please post and state as much. And note if you’re a current student, that doesn’t necessarily mean people are going to pay more attention to what you have to say. I’m glad we’ve got some here. But some of you floating around are social justice warriors, which a lot of people don’t agree with.

And there’s also the “blacks call themselves that too!” argument. The last option in the poll is for you guys.

Are we going to have to put up with another apology thread after you’re done in here?

I don’t know how many times that gimmick is going to work for you, darling.

• Options
    BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@levander said:

Are we going to have to put up with another apology thread after you’re done in here?

I will never apologize for doucing water on the flame stoker of racism that you are. Let us enjoy football , we don’t need this at all. You are a sick guy to trying to stoke old flames. Why?

• Options
    No

@BigDawgEatin said:

@levander said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@levander said:

I will never apologize for doucing water on the flame stoker of racism that you are. Let us enjoy football , we don’t need this at all. You are a sick guy to trying to stoke old flames. Why?

How did I douse the flames of racism? By asking if Africa Buggs is right and racial slurs are common on UGA’s campus?