Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Netori

Dawg4Life912Dawg4Life912 Posts: 138 ✭✭✭ Junior

I really think they should consider changing, Netori Johnson over to DL. He's very talented but, as of now very not apart of the 2 deep for any position on the OL. He's around 6-4 320 and has a mean streak.

Comments

• cory430cory430 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't disagree

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wasnt he having a medical issue, maybe diabetes?

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RPMdawg said:
    Wasnt he having a medical issue, maybe diabetes?

Pretty sure you’re right.

Generally if you’re on the offensive line this late in your playing career, it generally means you’re not fast enough to play d-line. If he was quick he would’ve been recruited as a NT out of high school instead of OG.

• cory430cory430 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:
    Generally if you’re on the offensive line this late in your playing career, it generally means you’re not fast enough to play d-line. If he was quick he would’ve been recruited as a NT out of high school instead of OG.

Hadn't thought of it that way, but it makes sense.

• BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Diabetes...is that true? I haven’t read about this anywhere .

• insertusernamehereinsertusernamehere Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, Jeff has mentioned it. Have seen it other places too...

• BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:
    Generally if you’re on the offensive line this late in your playing career, it generally means you’re not fast enough to play d-line. If he was quick he would’ve been recruited as a NT out of high school instead of OG

Netori is agile enough to do cartwheels

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisKirschner/status/807335447731077120/video/1

• Dawg4Life912Dawg4Life912 Posts: 138 ✭✭✭ Junior

@BigDawgEatin said:

He had a problem when he first got in campus last year with diabetes, leading to him redshirtting

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Worth a try. In certain situations he could clog up the middle and cause major disruption. Maybe 10-12 plays per game. Better than him riding the bench all year.

• BigDawg747BigDawg747 Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Teddy said:

Not sure how he is late in his playing career when he is only a red-shirt freshman. Kid has battled a sudden threat of diabetes and some extremly talented OL prospects the Kirby and Pittboss has brought in. In past years I belive that he would be one of the top guards on the team and would probably have started do to lack of depth and top prospects being recruited to Georgia. I'm sure by his Junior year if he is not fitting in on the line, then CKS may see if he can plug him in on the D.

@BigDawg747 said:

@Teddy said:

Not sure how he is late in his playing career when he is only a red-shirt freshman. Kid has battled a sudden threat of diabetes and some extremly talented OL prospects the Kirby and Pittboss has brought in. In past years I belive that he would be one of the top guards on the team and would probably have started do to lack of depth and top prospects being recruited to Georgia. I'm sure by his Junior year if he is not fitting in on the line, then CKS may see if he can plug him in on the D.

I wasn’t talking about his o-line career. Talking about making a position switch and then becoming dominate in a new role. Sure players have switched positions before, but rarely do you see them excel at a high level with that switch. Also, most of these kids are on the tail end of their career’s. 98% will be done at age 22. Also, my point about speed still stands too. That’s why most o-linemen are on the o-line and not d-line, speed.

• BigDawg747BigDawg747 Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well, as to speed. Offensive linemen need speed to get the second level to block the linebackers. Speed actually goes both ways. It all depends on technique more than speed, and how good ones technique at certain positions usually determines which side of the ball a player will line up playing. As a DT/NT a player needs to be a strong stumpy immovable space eater, which is what Natori could be.

@BigDawg747 said:
    Well, as to speed. Offensive linemen need speed to get the second level to block the linebackers. Speed actually goes both ways. It all depends on technique more than speed, and how good ones technique at certain positions usually determines which side of the ball a player will line up playing. As a DT/NT a player needs to be a strong stumpy immovable space eater, which is what Natori could be.

Ok, I’ll ignore what coaches say on the matter and trust you guys.

• MyKeithbb09MyKeithbb09 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Dawg4Life912 said:
    I really think they should consider changing, Netori Johnson over to DL. He's very talented but, as of now very not apart of the 2 deep for any position on the OL. He's around 6-4 320 and has a mean streak.

I have been saying the same thing also. Maybe they have tried & it just didn't work but if not I think it's worth a try

• DGDinNYCDGDinNYC Posts: 748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Been saying this since the spring. There doesnt seem to be a path to him playing O-line now that he's been recruited over twice.

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He has multi-colored hair.

Yeah, put him on D Line.

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think that I recollect Jeff emphasizing Netori's speed while he was in HS. Netori joined a track race w/o track shoes and started standing up and still won even though he is the big man. Something like that. Speed does help on the DL. That is an 'of course'.

• kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigDawgEatin said:

Unfortunately, yeah.

• insertusernamehereinsertusernamehere Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DogsNotDawgs said:
    I think that I recollect Jeff emphasizing Netori's speed while he was in HS. Netori joined a track race w/o track shoes and started standing up and still won even though he is the big man. Something like that. Speed does help on the DL. That is an 'of course'.

I believe you are thinking of Devonte Wyatt. He ran sprints in his Jordans...