Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Falcons Game

TeddyTeddy Posts: 6,359 mod

Time for the Falcons to use some higher round draft picks on o-linemen. 4 offensive linemen drafted in 6 years. Only 1 (Matthews) being a first rounder. 4th rounder is the next highest pick. Either that or go sign/buy more than just Mack.

«1

Comments

  • LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Don’t buy ‘em from the New York Giants. Their linemen are worse than the Falcons.

  • donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @LowcountryDawg21 said:
    Don’t buy ‘em from the New York Giants. Their linemen are worse than the Falcons.

    This is a horrible game between 2 horrible teams.

  • mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2018

    Lorenzo Carter making his return to ATL. Also, sacking Matt Ryan.

  • TeddyTeddy Posts: 6,359 mod

    @donm said:

    @LowcountryDawg21 said:
    Don’t buy ‘em from the New York Giants. Their linemen are worse than the Falcons.

    This is a horrible game between 2 horrible teams.

    Agreed on both. I knew the season was shot when the two best defensive players went down, and then top it off with a porous o-line and a hurt Freeman.

  • LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    I think we should award points for sacks and tackles for loss. I don’t think anyone’s gonna score otherwise.

  • TeddyTeddy Posts: 6,359 mod

    @LowcountryDawg21 said:
    I think we should award points for sacks and tackles for loss. I don’t think anyone’s gonna score otherwise.

    Spoke too soon

  • TeddyTeddy Posts: 6,359 mod
    edited October 2018

    I just need Saquon to not fumble, or get a few pts more then he can fumble, and I win fantasy this week. At least there’s a silver lining to watching this trainwreck.

  • LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Teddy said:

    @LowcountryDawg21 said:
    I think we should award points for sacks and tackles for loss. I don’t think anyone’s gonna score otherwise.

    Spoke too soon

    Apparently. Also, you’re two plays ahead of me. Thanks, Hulu.

  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Julio is very soft in the red zone. He almost quits on many plays.
    Why oh why wasn't Ridley in there ?

  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @LowcountryDawg21 said:
    I think we should award points for sacks and tackles for loss. I don’t think anyone’s gonna score otherwise.

    I don't know why Falcons' coaches expect Julio to be successful down close, they have 3 better options in Ridley, Sanu and Hooper.

  • LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Good question. Of course, Hooper should have caught that pass.

  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @LowcountryDawg21 said:
    Good question. Of course, Hooper should have caught that pass.

    It was behind him, but yeah, he's gotta get his body around on that play.

  • LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Not sure how much Hyundai paid for that commercial free halftime show, but they should ask for their money back.

  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @LowcountryDawg21 said:
    Not sure how much Hyundai paid for that commercial free halftime show, but they should ask for their money back.

    They probably just wanted to thumb their noses at Benz in their own crib. This auto maker turf war bidness is brutal stuff.

  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Once again, Julio may well be the worst red zone receiver in The NFL . He laughed after he fumbled that ball. The Falcons are going to give this game away pandering to numb nuts.

  • LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Yeah, that was terrible. That drive was really looking good. I’m glad this game isn’t against the Ain’ts.

  • AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Like a lot of you, I just can't understand why the Falcons never draft Georgia players. Last night's KC-CIN game was full of them. New England loves them. But the Falcons always look elsewhere. And it's not just about high draft picks. I understand passing on Sony and Michel this year since they didn't need a RB. But they could have spent a 7th round pick on David Andrews in 2015 and saved all the money they spent on Alex Mack as a FA in 2016. That's just one example. There are dozens upon dozens more.

  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @LowcountryDawg21 said:
    Yeah, that was terrible. That drive was really looking good. I’m glad this game isn’t against the Ain’ts.

    Lose this game and the season looks almost hopeless, you'd think they'd go with what has proved to work.
    The Falcons will have 10 million invested in Julio's next td.

  • TeddyTeddy Posts: 6,359 mod

    @WCDawg said:

    @LowcountryDawg21 said:
    Yeah, that was terrible. That drive was really looking good. I’m glad this game isn’t against the Ain’ts.

    Lose this game and the season looks almost hopeless, you'd think they'd go with what has proved to work.
    The Falcons will have 10 million invested in Julio's next td.

    Season was pretty much hopeless when Neal and Deion went down.

  • LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Here’s a question- if there’s a choice between Tevin and Devonta, who do you keep? Devonta seems to be dealing with a lot of injuries, I wonder if he’s going the way of most NFL backs.

Sign In or Register to comment.