Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

National Drink A Carbonated Beverage With Caffeine Day +

2»

Comments

• Options
    CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2018

@AnotherDawg said:

@Catfish said:

@AnotherDawg said:
    I'll put in a good word for Cheerwine. If you're not familiar, it's basically a cherry soda, but far better than anything the big boys produce. If I'm going to drink a sugared/carbonated drink, that is far and away the best I've ever had. Hard to find in parts of Georgia. Usually try to enjoy one when I'm in North Carolina.

Ummm, Cheerwine! I also remember as a kid going to my Grandp's barber shop in Hickory, NC where I came into the world, he always had RC Cola and Moonpies. Also related to Cheerwine is Sundrop, a lemon-li me soda that mixed well with moonshine or ****. The girls really liked it, so we did too. 😉

Ny dad grew up on RC and moonpies, and I am familiar with Sundrop as well!

Yeah, I just remembered about cherry lemon Sundrop. It was concocted at What a burger. Just Sundrop with a shot of each flavor of syrup. Dang, makes me want a what a burger BAD!!

• Options
    tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JRT812 said:
    I’ll be honest I can’t stand board games. Takes to long and my upbringing of if you’re not cheating you aren’t trying doesn’t ever go over well with wife.

you would divorce over settlers of catan ha

• Options
    benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:
    Quit drinking carbonated soft drinks well over 10 years ago. Used to do 10 Diet Cokes a day and finally said this sh!t can't be good for me. Dropped it like a bowling ball on a hardwood floor. The only carbonated drink that I do now is beer..........

Have you noticed a difference since quitting 10 a day? I drink about a 2 litre a day, but I've quit when money's tight and didn't notice much difference besides the caffeine

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AnotherDawg said:

@Catfish said:

@AnotherDawg said:
    I'll put in a good word for Cheerwine. If you're not familiar, it's basically a cherry soda, but far better than anything the big boys produce. If I'm going to drink a sugared/carbonated drink, that is far and away the best I've ever had. Hard to find in parts of Georgia. Usually try to enjoy one when I'm in North Carolina.

Ummm, Cheerwine! I also remember as a kid going to my Grandp's barber shop in Hickory, NC where I came into the world, he always had RC Cola and Moonpies. Also related to Cheerwine is Sundrop, a lemon-li me soda that mixed well with moonshine or ****. The girls really liked it, so we did too. 😉

My dad grew up on RC and moonpies, and I am familiar with Sundrop as well!

No disrespect by this comment but I have always heard it to be called the working mans lunch referring to rc and moon pies

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JRT812 said:

@AnotherDawg said:

@Catfish said:

@AnotherDawg said:

My dad grew up on RC and moonpies, and I am familiar with Sundrop as well!

No disrespect by this comment but I have always heard it to be called the working mans lunch referring to rc and moon pies

None taken. To borrow from another thread, in my lifetime I have had bouillabaisse, vichyssoise, gazpacho, and ceviche, so I can relate to forum members at both ends of the spectrum.

• Options
    moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can't believe you guys missed World Toilet Day

http://www.un.org/en/events/toiletday/

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@moos said:
    Can't believe you guys missed World Toilet Day

http://www.un.org/en/events/toiletday/

I’ll get to it next year for sure. Thanks for the tip!

• Options
    amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I might be able to slip a coke in between coffee and rum today B)

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@amjadawgs said:
    I might be able to slip a coke in between coffee and rum today B)

Rum and Coca Cola

https://youtube.com/watch?v=zGxL2uNr7bk

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JRT812 said:
    Had a Mexican coke with peanuts this afternoon

I tried the Mexican powdered coke, it made me grind my teeth.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@JRT812 said:

I tried the Mexican powdered coke, it made me grind my teeth.

I prefer a glass bottle coke

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JRT812 said:

Mexican Coca Cola were (are?) the only ones made with cane sugar, rather than high fructose corn syrup or whatever else was the sweetener from the 1980s on.