Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Ticket exchange, for sale/want to buy forum.

ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 3,877 mod

So I mentioned this a few months back when a question came up about finding tickets for UGA games. I suggested a separate forum dedicated to this topic. One of the DN contributors liked it and thought it was a good idea. As do many of the posters.

Is it possible to reach the powers to be through @SavageDawg17 , @JeffSentell or others that might be able to make this happen.

Add another category titled as such.

Only for fans/ individuals wanting to buy/sell tickets.

No third party vendors allowed.

Transactions conducted through PM's.

Is this something DN would be interested in having?

If so, I guess we need to let the "powers to be" know that we are........

Comments

  • FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @ghostofuga1 said:
    So I mentioned this a few months back when a question came up about finding tickets for UGA games. I suggested a separate forum dedicated to this topic. One of the DN contributors liked it and thought it was a good idea. As do many of the posters.

    Is it possible to reach the powers to be through @SavageDawg17 , @JeffSentell or others that might be able to make this happen.

    Add another category titled as such.

    Only for fans/ individuals wanting to buy/sell tickets.

    No third party vendors allowed.

    Transactions conducted through PM's.

    Is this something DN would be interested in having?

    If so, I guess we need to let the "powers to be" know that we are........

    There is a liability issue that DN would have to address. The other thing is just the logistics of it. If payment were through a middleman then the pay would be assured, but what to do about verifying the legitimacy of the tix? Also, getting the tix to the buyer. In short, there is a reason for the commercial firms. Good luck with it - no sarcasm meant.

  • ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 3,877 mod

    I understand what you saying, but in general, a lot of people prefer not using a commercial firm. Logistics and payments can be worked out. The old Dawgpost site used to have one that I sold tickets on. Was simple. I had 2 extra tickets for a game, posted such, another poster said he would take them so I met him at the stadium and made the transaction.

  • tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    I am all for it but @FirePlugDawg brings up some good points. We assume everyone would be trustworthy but that may not be the case. And if someone scams a member out of hundreds of dollars we can't expect dawgnation to cover that. And what is the worst punishment they have, banning them?

    of course there is paypal and buyer protection but by time you find out the tickets are not valid it could be entirely too late

  • FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @ghostofuga1 said:
    I understand what you saying, but in general, a lot of people prefer not using a commercial firm. Logistics and payments can be worked out. The old Dawgpost site used to have one that I sold tickets on. Was simple. I had 2 extra tickets for a game, posted such, another poster said he would take them so I met him at the stadium and made the transaction.

    If limited to game day at the stadium/Athens, it should work, but either party could be disappointed with a no show. You'd have to wonder the value for the seller if they had to go to Athens versus 1. selling them in advance through a firm, or B. hawking them at the game where they already were.

  • ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 3,877 mod

    I don't thing that DN would be liable for such. It's always a buyer beware when you purchase anything these day and a little due diligence goes a long way. Would I be skeptical about buying tickets from someone with 1 post? Of course I would. Would I worry if @FirePlugDawg was offering tickets for sale? Not really.

    It's all about judgement.

  • ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 3,877 mod

    Plus, verification of who the seller really is always smart. Name, email, phone number. If they don't want to provide that, say "No Thanks!"

  • LakeDawgLakeDawg Posts: 30 ✭✭ Sophomore

    I agree that the logistics of DN doing this would be difficult and I'm not sure the liability would be worth the "clicks" if DN is not making money off the transaction. We probably would be better off handling this through post and PM. Not sure the best way to avoid the risk but I would only do it with verification from both parties. With all this being said I don't plan on missing a game this year but I also don't know my kids fall sports schedule yet, so you never know.

  • ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 3,877 mod

    Really, my thoughts were just to add a dedicated forum topic dedicated to people who want post about tickets. Like we have one for recruiting, one for football, one for general talk and one off topic. Would just allow post not to get buried with all the other threads. That's all, nothing more. It's not that complicated.

  • mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    I'd be interested for sure. Makes it easier on us out-of-towners who can only make it back to Athens for a game or two every year. Would much rather buy from someone on this forum than some random scalper at the stadium. Although the internet is anonymous, I feel like I can still trust the seller here, especially if it's an established member.

    That said, anyone got UT tickets? :)

  • TeddyTeddy Posts: 4,542 mod

    @LakeDawg said:
    I agree that the logistics of DN doing this would be difficult and I'm not sure the liability would be worth the "clicks" if DN is not making money off the transaction. We probably would be better off handling this through post and PM. Not sure the best way to avoid the risk but I would only do it with verification from both parties. With all this being said I don't plan on missing a game this year but I also don't know my kids fall sports schedule yet, so you never know.

    Exactly, you can make a thread about each game for tickets. Then PM each other and then Venmo the money/ship the tickets, if unable to meet in person (or just meet at the stadium). A little more risk than going through a true ticketing 3rd party site, but would save you some fees, and people on here might be more willing to discount tickets to forum members. But all of this being discussed can already be done with the current features of this site. Maybe if they want to add a new category for "tickets," that's about all they'd need to do.

  • BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    I’m for it and yes I would like to think I would trust a person from this site more and also would rather them get the money then I would give Rodrigo on the corner selling 2 for $250. Unless said seller / poster name is really Rodrigo, then we are good.

  • TeddyTeddy Posts: 4,542 mod

    @BiggerBadDawg said:
    I’m for it and yes I would like to think I would trust a person from this site more and also would rather them get the money then I would give Rodrigo on the corner selling 2 for $250. Unless said seller / poster name is really Rodrigo, then we are good.

    Rodrigo is usually on the field warming up before games.

  • BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Teddy
    Maybe he has a side gig to help him pay his dad back so pops won’t be complaining about having to pay for that freshman year.

  • ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 3,877 mod

    @Teddy said:

    @LakeDawg said:
    I agree that the logistics of DN doing this would be difficult and I'm not sure the liability would be worth the "clicks" if DN is not making money off the transaction. We probably would be better off handling this through post and PM. Not sure the best way to avoid the risk but I would only do it with verification from both parties. With all this being said I don't plan on missing a game this year but I also don't know my kids fall sports schedule yet, so you never know.

    Exactly, you can make a thread about each game for tickets. Then PM each other and then Venmo the money/ship the tickets, if unable to meet in person (or just meet at the stadium). A little more risk than going through a true ticketing 3rd party site, but would save you some fees, and people on here might be more willing to discount tickets to forum members. But all of this being discussed can already be done with the current features of this site._ Maybe if they want to add a new category for "tickets," that's about all they'd need to do. _

    Bingo! That's all I was trying to suggest.

  • bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Doing due diligence of course I’d much rather buy tix from DN vs somewhere else. There’s also a Facebook page dedicated to UGA tix but you get some people trying to flip 3rd party tix for profit sometimes. That said I’m an out of towner who’s got Auburn tix? Just need 2 lol

Sign In or Register to comment.