Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Patriots releasing Malcolm Mitchell

VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

Hopefully his knee doesn't scare every other team away. Such a great football player and an even better person. He's done alot for Titletown.

Comments

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Doubtful with his knee injury. Hope he locks on somewhere soon

• Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He's going to be a roll model for others for years to come, even if he never plays a down of football. He's the definition of a DGD!

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@VALDOSTADAWG said:

Hopefully his knee doesn't scare every other team away. Such a great football player and an even better person. He's done alot for Titletown.

The Pats have never been shy of cutting/trading people. They are of the philosophy that it's better to get rid of someone a year early that a year too late. Tough break for Malcolm. Fingers crossed for him.

If this is it, I could see him making a great color/studio analyst or coach. Would love to have him be our WR coach one day and just wear that super bowl ring on recruiting visits

• gdawg4lifegdawg4life Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:
    If this is it, I could see him making a great color/studio analyst or coach. Would love to have him be our WR coach one day and just wear that super bowl ring on recruiting visits

I’m holding out for Hines Ward to be our WR coach. Can you imagine him on the recruiting trail? And he had two SB rings he could flash.

@gdawg4life said:

@Kasey said:

I’m holding out for Hines Ward to be our WR coach. Can you imagine him on the recruiting trail? And he had two SB rings he could flash.

And his playing career will be ancient history by then to kids on the trail. Can’t see him ever leaving the announcer booth. Too much $$$

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

@Kasey said:

@gdawg4life said:

@Kasey said:

And his playing career will be ancient history by then to kids on the trail. Can’t see him ever leaving the announcer booth. Too much $$$

Agree. Kids today are going to have to start "googling" Hines Ward to know who he is.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:

@Kasey said:

@gdawg4life said:

@Kasey said:

Agree. Kids today are going to have to start "googling" Hines Ward to know who he is.

Cortez Hankton last played in 06, Hines Ward last played in 2011. Think it just depends on if Hines felt like recruiting year round if he’d ever entertain the idea.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

@Teddy said:

@ghostofuga1 said:

@Kasey said:

@gdawg4life said:

@Kasey said:

Cortez Hankton last played in 06, Hines Ward last played in 2011. Think it just depends on if Hines felt like recruiting year round if he’d ever entertain the idea.

I always, and still do, think he would be a great addition to the program. And he's has expressed interest in the past, but I think it's finding a way to plug him in that's been the issue. He does't need the money and it would only be for the love of being around the program.

• gdawg4lifegdawg4life Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

@gdawg4life said:

@Kasey said:

As has been pointed out, compared to Hankton? And I mean no disrespect to Hankton. Trust me, over the next two decades, any parent who followed football and was told Hines Ward was coming to visit would make sure their son knew who he is if the kid didn’t already know. His resume speaks for itself.

I think the biggest challenge for Hines would be the time requirement. He’s living the life. Coaching in college is a grind and he may not be willing to do that. He’s talked about one day wanting to coach and give back. I hope he does.

• dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Mitchell will/ could be a great coach. He has a fire inside of him and I think he can relate to kids even more than some other people can. Especially how far he came in the classroom. I think he will get on with another team because now they can look at his knee for themselves and have their doctors look at it. I kinda hope the falcons pick him up. I think he could make/ sure up that 4th reciever spot. Granted I think he is a 2 or 3 on any NFL roster.

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hines Ward has two rings and is a Super Bowl MVP. He played QB, receiver and RB for the Dawgs. If a recruit isn’t impressed by that, then he needs to find another place to play.

@greshamdisco said:
    Hines Ward has two rings and is a Super Bowl MVP. He played QB, receiver and RB for the Dawgs. If a recruit isn’t impressed by that, then he needs to find another place to play.

Never said they wouldn’t be impressed. Said they wouldn’t remember

• dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey they wouldn’t even know what he did at Georgia. They weren’t even alive to see it. If we are being honest most of these kids don’t even remember Hines Ward playing in the NFL. Because he was on the tail end of his career.

• riverdawg7905riverdawg7905 Posts: 27 ✭✭ Sophomore

First post. None of the kids ever saw Kirby play either. Kids know who Hines Ward is ,how could any Dawg fan growing up not know.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Pigeons said:

@Kasey said:
    And his playing career will be ancient history by then to kids on the trail.

Pretty much every single college football player never saw their coach play college or pro football. I'm not sure that really matters much.

Head coaches? Position coaches ?

• MyKeithbb09MyKeithbb09 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭ Junior

Would be a great pick up for the Kansas City Chiefs