Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Gators are at it again.

ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 29,205 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Here's a recent article about more off the field incidents concerning the usual Florida suspects. Kadarius Toney's AR-15 makes another appearance in this story. Dan Mullen (or Mark Richt) has lost control of the Gators football program.

https://alligator.org/news/uf-football-players-accused-of-harassment/article_98cea37c-99f9-11e8-9226-cff6e29e1c24.html

Comments

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ForestryDawg said:
    Here's a recent article about more off the field incidents concerning the usual Florida suspects. Kadarius Toney's AR-15 makes another appearance in this story. Dan Mullen (or Mark Richt) has lost control of the Gators football program.

https://alligator.org/news/uf-football-players-accused-of-harassment/article_98cea37c-99f9-11e8-9226-cff6e29e1c24.html

Ex Gator criminal Antonio Callaway busted for weed and DWL as well. Builders of men.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

smdh.... Freaking Flori-DUH!!!!

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Emory Jones is listed as one of the players involved... Makes me sad that their freshman QB out of Georgia is getting wrapped up in this stuff. Hope he doesn't destroy his future down in Florida.

"He also gave the names of the football players involved, according to the report. They are Luke Ancrum, Tyrie Cleveland, Kadarius Toney, C’yontai Lewis, Vosean Joseph, Emory Jones, Rick Wells, C.J. McWilliams, Malik Davis and Chauncey Gardner."

• ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 29,205 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mattmd2 said:
    Emory Jones is listed as one of the players involved... Makes me sad that their freshman QB out of Georgia is getting wrapped up in this stuff. Hope he doesn't destroy his future down in Florida.

"He also gave the names of the football players involved, according to the report. They are Luke Ancrum, Tyrie Cleveland, Kadarius Toney, C’yontai Lewis, Vosean Joseph, Emory Jones, Rick Wells, C.J. McWilliams, Malik Davis and Chauncey Gardner."

I can't tell if this is related to the 'Tay Bang' incidents or not, but if this is something new then this bad news for UF. Many of these players are highly regarded and considered team leaders.

• MinnesotaDawgMinnesotaDawg Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You can't make this stuff up. Unreal.

Sounds like the police seem to be doing a bang-up job of arresting folks for what seems like a lot of criminal behavior. I guess the University police did give somebody a trespassing warning. Soon it will be Dan Mullen's turn to shrug and say "What could I do? I'm just a simple coach, and this is best left up to law enforcement."

• Midnite_TrainMidnite_Train Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Goodness gracious this Tyrie Cleveland kid seems to be a walking timebomb

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

@Midnite_Train said:
    Goodness gracious this Tyrie Cleveland kid seems to be a walking timebomb

They ALL are

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe there was some truth to McElwain's death threat rumors? He just didn't want to say that they were coming from gangsters and night club enthusiasts...

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MinnesotaDawg said:
    You can't make this stuff up. Unreal.

Sounds like the police seem to be doing a bang-up job of arresting folks for what seems like a lot of criminal behavior. I guess the University police did give somebody a trespassing warning. Soon it will be Dan Mullen's turn to shrug and say "What could I do? I'm just a simple coach, and this is best left up to law enforcement."

he could always "follow the reporting procedures. What else could I have done?"

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

This is the second incident I’ve read about where Florida football players are using frying pans as weapons. And I’m not even really following what all is going on down there:

On Memorial Day, Zachery said a group of football players saw him on campus and started throwing rocks at his car and chasing him with pots and pans, according to the investigation report.

Why did they just happen have pots and pans with them on campus?

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Some of these players may receive serious punishment from Dan (policing is not my job) Mullen. They may face punishment as severe as doing 25 push-ups or run an extra 40 yard dash carrying pots and/or pans. Will not result in missed playing time unless convicted of a felony, which requires sitting out one quarter of non-SEC game.
    Dan must have asked CUM how to handle disciplinary action. Going to implode one day?

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:
    This is the second incident I’ve read about where Florida football players are using frying pans as weapons. And I’m not even really following what all is going on down there:

On Memorial Day, Zachery said a group of football players saw him on campus and started throwing rocks at his car and chasing him with pots and pans, according to the investigation report.

Probably same reason some bikers carry a ball-peen hammer. Not considered as a weapon.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AndersonDawg said:

@levander said:

Probably same reason some bikers carry a ball-peen hammer. Not considered as a weapon.

Well in UF’s defense, at least they’re not good enough at this thuggery stuff yet to figure out better non-weapon weapons than pots and pans. I’m sure you could do a good bit of damage with a cast iron frying pan. But I just googled ball-peen hammer. Looks a lot easier to crack someone’s skull open with one of those things.

Please don’t post that on a Florida board AndersonDawg. Last thing we need is those thugs knowing what they’re doing.

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"I'm just a simple coach..." or pieman.

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They've been the swamp thugs a long time! Just one of the reasons to be a GATOR HATOR!

• VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

@bmauldin said:

@mattmd2 said:

Chauncey! Chauncey!
    You ran a slant! You should have run a “go” route! I get it. Anyone can run a slant.
    You got to be a man and run a “go” the heck home route!

"He's owning simple guns...I get it. Anyone can get an AR-15. I get it."

OOOOH!!!! I see what you did there!

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Guess it’s just as important who you DO NOT recruit as much as it is who CKS & Co are bringing in to UGA!!! GO DAWGS!!!

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:

@AndersonDawg said:

@levander said:

Well in UF’s defense, at least they’re not good enough at this thuggery stuff yet to figure out better non-weapon weapons than pots and pans. I’m sure you could do a good bit of damage with a cast iron frying pan. But I just googled ball-peen hammer. Looks a lot easier to crack someone’s skull open with one of those things.

Please don’t post that on a Florida board AndersonDawg. Last thing we need is those thugs knowing what they’re doing.

Did you really not know what a ball-peen hammer was man lmao?