Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Best hot dog in Athens? Best in Atlanta?

DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I make it my business to find the best hotdogs when I travel, sometimes traveling just for the hotdog. I was wondering if there are hotdogs I'm missing in Athens and Atlanta. My hometown LaGrange has Charlie Josephs. I love the Spicy Relish dog there. Here in NC, my favorites are Hap's in Salisbury (top of my list Imo) and Rocky's Soda shop in Brevard. I've had a thousand Varsity dogs in the past, but those are not top of my list. What say you Dawg fans?

Tagged:

Comments

• DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Also, if you comment; please describe the dog and price as well. Thanks!

• reecedg1reecedg1 Posts: 7 ✭ Freshman

Nu-Way, Macon, Ga.

@reecedg1 said:
    Nu-Way, Macon, Ga.

I've heard that from my Macon friends. It is on my list of must try. Thanks for commenting. What is the best dog there? Chili cheese?

Man... must not be any hotdog eaters here. This is serious stuff! @JeffSentell @DawgNationDaily @Chip_Towers @sethemerson

• ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Varsity - Pimento chili cheese dog with onions.

@Reeldawg said:
    The Varsity - Pimento chili cheese dog with onions.

Anywhere other than the Varsity?

• ugabossugaboss Posts: 47 ✭✭ Sophomore

Charlie Joesphs is the boss. Love their cheeseburgers too. My dad took me there, I took my sons there and my grandson made his first trip last month.

@ugaboss said:
    Charlie Joesphs is the boss. Love their cheeseburgers too. My dad took me there, I took my sons there and my grandson made his first trip last month.

That is great! I always stop in when I go back home and see the folks. I'm a fan of the Lemon Sour as well. Not too many places carry those anymore.

• traketrake Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

Butt Hutt and Blind Pig. BBQ Dog at Butt Hut and the Sargeant Slaughter at Blind Pig

@trake I'll have to check those out!

• JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 8,553 admin

I need to see this broken down.

Which "dogs" are the 5-star dogs? Which ones are you ready to commit to?

Is there a rising 4-star dog? Folks need to know this stuff.

@JeffSentell said:
    I need to see this broken down.

Which "dogs" are the 5-star dogs? Which ones are you ready to commit to?

Is there a rising 4-star dog? Folks need to know this stuff.

That's exactly what I want Jeff. I love hotdogs so much, and have been thinking about creating a hotdog travel guide. I've researched a bunch. Once visited 13 different hotdog joints in Cincinnati in the same day. That one hurt.

Chicago Dogs? Where do those rate on your board?

I'm a Son of the South, but there's a spot in my 'hood called "Hot Dog Heaven" that serves up a good one.

My 8-year-old son loves that place. So I'm cajoled to visit that spot with regularity. It is the Best Chicago dog in Woodstock which might not be saying a whole lot.

@JeffSentell said:
    Chicago Dogs? Where do those rate on your board?

I'm a Son of the South, but there's a spot in my 'hood called "Hot Dog Heaven" that serves up a good one.

My 8-year-old son loves that place. So I'm cajoled to visit that spot with regularity. It is the Best Chicago dog in Woodstock which might not be saying a whole lot.

I'll have to check it out. Chicago dogs have a place for sure, but it has to be a Hebrew brand dog to be legit.

• SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,535 mod

Barkers Red Hots, Windy Hill Road. Marietta
    The Chicken Italian Sausage. $5.69
    Grilled chicken sausage dog with fresh sauteed spinach, feta cheese on a toasted roll. Add some of their homemade spicy red sauce and that dog will make a tadpole kiss a whale!

@SavageDawg17 said:

Add some of their homemade spicy red sauce and that dog will make a tadpole kiss a whale!

Nice turn of the phrase there, sir.

@SavageDawg17 said:
    Barkers Red Hots, Windy Hill Road. Marietta
    The Chicken Italian Sausage. $5.69
    Grilled chicken sausage dog with fresh sauteed spinach, feta cheese on a toasted roll. Add some of their homemade spicy red sauce and that dog will make a tadpole kiss a whale!

I'll check them out. Sounds like you've gone outside of my dog comfort zone with this talk about chicken sausage.

• BigGAdawgBigGAdawg Posts: 575 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

When I lived in Marietta there was a great place called Taste of Chicago, 678 Powder Springs St SW, Marietta, GA. Dogs and Brats were both excellent. The guy has the dogs shipped in from Vienna Beef Hot Dog folks. 5* in my book.

@BigGAdawg said:
    When I lived in Marietta there was a great place called Taste of Chicago, 678 Powder Springs St SW, Marietta, GA. Dogs and Brats were both excellent. The guy has the dogs shipped in from Vienna Beef Hot Dog folks. 5* in my book.

I will check it out! Thanks!