Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Colin Kapernick has become face of Nike’s new ad campaign

Comments

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jay_kubzz said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@jay_kubzz said:
    Just some quick stats
    Cop shootings in 2017:
    457 whites were killed by cops vs 223 blacks being killed by cops.

2018:
    211 whites killed vs 102 blacks.

Another stat, not all shootings by cops are by white cops.

Another shooting stat, in the past 365 days there have been 411 black on black homicides in CHICAGO alone, just one city. Think about that, ONE CITY. More blacks have killed blacks in one US city in the past year vs country wide cops have in a year and a half.

It’s a tragedy for both sides, but don’t for a second be fooled by how bias and manipulative mainstream media are. They’re pushing a certain agenda and fail strongly to bring all the stats into light.

So are there more black people or white people in this country? Give me percentages. Another Play from the Trump playbook....bring up Chicago in order to deflect. I can’t be killed by someone on the south side of Chicago,why, because I live in Georgia. But I can be killed or beaten in a routine stop by a cop in any state. Chicago is a poor and ineffective talking point. Chicago is local , police brutality is nationwide.

Blacks make up about 13% of the population yet commit about 52% of yearly homicides.

Of all the black murders NATIONWIDE, 89% of black homicides are by other blacks.

Just stating facts since you asked for more percentages. The thing you’re failing to realize is sitting for the anthem has no coo relation to cops. It’s pure disrespect for the BLACK, WHITE, HISPANIC, ASIAN, INDIAN, etc Americans who fight for your and mine freedom.

I don’t see why the race card has to get pulled in any and everything. I guess the blacks who disagree with Collin Kaepernick are racist too?

Bigdawgeating already made it clear that they are not “real” blacks. He said so on page one.

• Options
    tymoon31tymoon31 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Who gives a ****? You either like their stuff or you dont.

• Options
    BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CharlestowneDawg said:

@jay_kubzz said:
    Just some quick stats
    Cop shootings in 2017:

2018:

Another shooting stat, in the past 365 days there have been 411 black on black homicides in CHICAGO alone, just one city. Think about that, ONE CITY. More blacks have killed blacks in one US city in the past year vs country wide cops have in a year and a half.

It’s a tragedy for both sides, but don’t for a second be fooled by how bias and manipulative mainstream media are. They’re pushing a certain agenda and fail strongly to bring all the stats into light.

When adjusted for population:

According to Fatal Encounters, the database created by former Reno News & Review editor and journalism instructor Burghart (which tracks all deaths resulting from interactions with police), a total of 1,388 people were killed by police in 2015, 318 (23%) of them black, and 560 (40%) of them white. So roughly 23 percent of those killed by any police interaction in 2015 were black and just over 40 percent were white. According to those statistics (adjusted for racial demographics), black people had a 2.7 higher likelihood of being killed by police than whites.

The grim trend has carried over into 2016. Of the 1,034 people killed and tracked by Burghart’s Fatal Encounters database so far this year, 215 were black while 338 were white, **so thus far in 2016 black Americans have been three times more likely than white people to die in interactions with police. **

@jay_kubzz this is a proper presentation of data. It’s okay you didn’t know any better. Ignorance is bliss, not a jab, just a relavent phrase. @jay_kubzz Did you take statistics ion college?

• Options

@pgjackson said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@pgjackson said:

@charlottedawg85 said:

Absolutely wrong. I think you’d see vets telling him to stand his ass up and respect the flag. Find a way to protest differently. NEVER disrespect the flag or anthem.

If I remember correctly he met with a vet that was playing in the nfl after he originally sat for the national anthem. They talked it out and he explained his position and they cane to an agreement that he would kneel rather than sit. I could be misremembering though, who knows?

Not sure that qualifies as the final answer simply because the one guy was a vet. I suppose that if the choice is sit or kneel, kneeling would be preferable. However, Both are improper and disrespectful. So is linking arms, holding hands, fist in the air....anything other than standing facing the flag or music, hand on heart. Unless you are disabled or elderly and can not stand, then it is perfectly acceptable to remain seated.

I guess hats are okay to keep on whlie holding a conversation? I’ll wait

So what? Jerry should have his hat off. What’s your point?

Are you okay?

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m not touching this one with a ten foot pole. The fact is people are going to believe what they believe. In the past or in rare circumstances now you could debate things in a civil manner but this country has turned into a contest of conflicting viewpoints. There seems to be no middle ground and most don’t want one. It’s like we have all become the worst sorts of irrational sports fans. Everyone has their team, their chosen media outlets, and to hell with anyone who doesn’t buy into their POV lock, stock, and barrel. And both sides of politicians pander to their base and use them to gain or keep power. It’s truly sad.

I don’t have a solution but if it keeps up we might as well have another civil war, for much stupider reasons.

• Options
    jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigDawgEatin said:

@CharlestowneDawg said:

@jay_kubzz said:
    Just some quick stats
    Cop shootings in 2017:

2018:

According to Fatal Encounters, the database created by former Reno News & Review editor and journalism instructor Burghart (which tracks all deaths resulting from interactions with police), a total of 1,388 people were killed by police in 2015, 318 (23%) of them black, and 560 (40%) of them white. So roughly 23 percent of those killed by any police interaction in 2015 were black and just over 40 percent were white. According to those statistics (adjusted for racial demographics), black people had a 2.7 higher likelihood of being killed by police than whites.

The grim trend has carried over into 2016. Of the 1,034 people killed and tracked by Burghart’s Fatal Encounters database so far this year, 215 were black while 338 were white, **so thus far in 2016 black Americans have been three times more likely than white people to die in interactions with police. **

@jay_kubzz this is a proper presentation of data. It’s okay you didn’t know any better. Ignorance is bliss, not a jab, just a relavent phrase. @jay_kubzz Did you take statistics ion college?

No I haven’t taken statistics and never will as I’m in nursing school at the moment. There’s really no arguing with someone as close minded as yourself. You’re one of the many unfortunate brainwashed by mainstream media.

On that note, at least we can all come together and support the dawgs.

• Options

@BigDawgEatin said:

@pgjackson said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@pgjackson said:

@charlottedawg85 said:

Absolutely wrong. I think you’d see vets telling him to stand his ass up and respect the flag. Find a way to protest differently. NEVER disrespect the flag or anthem.

If I remember correctly he met with a vet that was playing in the nfl after he originally sat for the national anthem. They talked it out and he explained his position and they cane to an agreement that he would kneel rather than sit. I could be misremembering though, who knows?

Not sure that qualifies as the final answer simply because the one guy was a vet. I suppose that if the choice is sit or kneel, kneeling would be preferable. However, Both are improper and disrespectful. So is linking arms, holding hands, fist in the air....anything other than standing facing the flag or music, hand on heart. Unless you are disabled or elderly and can not stand, then it is perfectly acceptable to remain seated.

I guess hats are okay to keep on whlie holding a conversation? I’ll wait

So what? Jerry should have his hat off. What’s your point?

Are you okay?

What does a picture of Jerry Jones prove? If the anthem is playing, they should both be facing he music, not talking, hats off and hand on their heart.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

I may buy a pair of Nikes just to protest the protest of his protest...my head hurts.

• Options
    edited September 2018

@PerroGrande said:
    Big Dawg, apparently you only see the negative side of America. I’m sorry. I served in the military many years with a number of people (black and white) who disagree with these protests against our flag, Anthem, and country. I guess we all have a right to protest in our great country.

And I live with a number of black people who agree with the protest. What’s the point of your statement. I only see the negative side of racism. There are no good fine people on both sides , just people who are racist and those who are not. Would replacing racist with bigot make my statements more palatable ?

• Options

@jay_kubzz said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@CharlestowneDawg said:

@jay_kubzz said:
    Just some quick stats
    Cop shootings in 2017:

2018:

No I haven’t taken statistics and never will as I’m in nursing school at the moment. There’s really no arguing with someone as close minded as yourself. You’re one of the many unfortunate brainwashed by mainstream media.

So I should be more open minded to racist rhetoric. I hope your statistics about black people don’t cause you to compromise their care. The subconscious is a powerful thing.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PerroGrande said:
    We are all alarmed by many injustices. Does that give one the right to disrespect the flag, the anthem, and all they stand for? No! Kneeling for the National Anthem is an injustice.

Those things don't give you the right, you already had the right.
    There are several layers to this, an important layer is the fact we can't pick and choose OUR rights, rights are most important when they aren't popular. We wouldn't really have rights if we had to vote on them.

• Options

@BigDawgEatin said:

@PerroGrande said:
    Big Dawg, apparently you only see the negative side of America. I’m sorry. I served in the military many years with a number of people (black and white) who disagree with these protests against our flag, Anthem, and country. I guess we all have a right to protest in our great country.

And I live with a number of black people who agree with the protest. What’s the point of your statement. I only see the negative side of racism. There are no good fine people on both sides , just people who are racist and those who are not. Would replacing racist with bigot make my statements more palatable ?

The problem is, you see racism in almost everything. You are looking for it. You feel you are the one who decides what is racist and who is a racist. You like to lump all “white people” together. You have a thing against “middle America” also. You are the one pushing a race agenda. You literally just said you see the world as either racist and not racist. I’m guessing you believe every time a white cop shoots a black person, that is racist..but not if the cop is black or Hispanic or Asian. You are the guy who brings race into a lot of conversations. Just saying.

• Options

@BigDawgEatin said:

@jay_kubzz said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@CharlestowneDawg said:

@jay_kubzz said:
    Just some quick stats
    Cop shootings in 2017:

2018:

So I should be more open minded to racist rhetoric. I hope your statistics about black people don’t cause you to compromise their care. The subconscious is a powerful thing.

Racist rhetoric? Those aren’t “my” statistics, they are real statistics. I don’t have a racist cell in my body. I just personally think sitting for the national anthem is so disrespectful for those who lay their life on the line for you and I. It’s ridiculous that everything has to be about race. Out of all the patients I’ve had the privelage to care for in clinical, I’ve had the best connection with 3 whom were all black males.

• Options

@jay_kubzz said:
    Under Bill Clinton: highest % of blacks ever incarcerated.

Under Obama: highest % of blacks ever on welfare.

Under Trump: highest % of blacks ever in the work force.

Trump wasn’t a racist until he stated he was running for the Republican Party.

I guess Herschel walker, Yeezy, and mike Tyson are all racist as well.

Great examples, lol. Mike Tyson and Kanye ....GTFOH with that .... how old are you son? Do you have any black friends or any friends from a different culture. You need som culture.

• Options

@jay_kubzz said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@jay_kubzz said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@CharlestowneDawg said:

@jay_kubzz said:
    Just some quick stats
    Cop shootings in 2017:

2018:

Racist rhetoric? Those aren’t “my” statistics, they are real statistics. I don’t have a racist cell in my body. I just personally think sitting for the national anthem is so disrespectful for those who lay their life on the line for you and I. It’s ridiculous that everything has to be about race. Out of all the patients I’ve had the privelage to care for in clinical, I’ve had the best connection with 3 whom were all black males.

If you specifically remember three black people, that just shows that you are not around that many. It’s like seeing a unicorn. Go to sleep my child, this is adults conversation. Your cultural exposure doesn’t give you the privilege to contribute at this moment. But, keep living life, hopefully you will get “cultured”. Have you ever left the country?

• Options

@BigDawgEatin said:

@jay_kubzz said:

Great examples, lol. Mike Tyson and Kanye ....GTFOH with that .... how old are you son? Do you have any black friends or any friends from a different culture. You need som culture.

Yes I have black friends. I have white friends. I have Hispanic friends. I have a pakistanian friend. I’ve dated a black girl as well as a Latina girl. My gym partner for the past 6 years is black, my barber is Hispanic, my tattoo artist is black. I go to a church that has blacks, whites, Asians, Indians, Hispanics.

I respect all cultures regardless of differences, but I do not respect the idea of not supporting our military.

• Options

@jay_kubzz said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@jay_kubzz said:

Yes I have black friends. I have white friends. I have Hispanic friends. I have a pakistanian friend. I’ve dated a black girl as well as a Latina girl. My gym partner for the past 6 years is black, my barber is Hispanic, my tattoo artist is black. I go to a church that has blacks, whites, Asians, Indians, Hispanics.

I respect all cultures regardless of differences, but I do not respect the idea of not supporting our military.

Link? I don’t believe those facts without proof. I’m Terry Godwin.

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So.... usc this weekend, huh?

• Options

@Kasey said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@jay_kubzz said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@jay_kubzz said:

Link? I don’t believe those facts without proof. I’m Terry Godwin.

Get back in the training room and work on your knee then!!!!! ;)

Lol!!