Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Audio recording app the journalists use?

levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

At press events, where a player is standing in front of a bunch of reporters on the sideline or in the locker room or something, I see all the journalists pointing their smart phones at the player. I assume this is because they have an audio recording app on their phone.

Does anyone know what app they use? The ones that have iPhones anyway, that’s what I use.

It’s a real pain digging through the App Store trying to find the good apps. So if I can find out what app the professional reporters are using it’s save me a lot of time.

It’d also be nice if I could record conversations while leaving my phone in my pocket, in case I feel like I need to be sneaky.

Comments

• Options
    moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm not a pro, but I use an app called Smart Recorder.

GA is a one party consent state. Be careful about phone calls across state lines. Have fun!!

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I just use the recorder on the phone -- no App

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MikeGriffith said:

I love this response! It's like when people ask me what weather app I use. Um, the one that came pre-installed?

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

@AnotherDawg said:

@MikeGriffith said:

I love this response! It's like when people ask me what weather app I use. Um, the one that came pre-installed?

Yea but that one can be wonky sometimes. I have the NOAA app and it has a radar on it so I can see when the rain is close

• Options

Okay, I’ll try Griff’s solution first. I imagine the real trick is the sensitivity of the microphone which would largely be a hardware issue. Not a software one.

If that doesn’t work, I’ll try moos’s suggestion.

• Options

@moos said:

GA is a one party consent state. Be careful about phone calls across state lines. Have fun!!

I just did an App Store search for “smart recorder”. About ten apps came up with variations of the phrase smart recorder, but none with the exact name “smart recorder”. Can you be more specific somehow?

The “Share App” button in the App Store gives you an option to copy a URL for the app that you can paste into a post on this message board if you would do that.

• Options
    moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:

@moos said:

I just did an App Store search for “smart recorder”. About ten apps came up with variations of the phrase smart recorder, but none with the exact name “smart recorder”. Can you be more specific somehow?

The “Share App” button in the App Store gives you an option to copy a URL for the app that you can paste into a post on this message board if you would do that.

I'm an Android user, so this may not be on iTunes or whatever:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andrwq.recorder