Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

It’s back: Call for the DawgNation mailbag - By Seth Emerson

SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,535 mod

@sethemerson wrote:

The Georgia football offseason is nearly over. There’s been plenty of discussion about Georgia athletics in general. You’ve got questions. I may have answers. So let’s bring back the mailbag.

Submit your question, or a comment you’d like me to respond to, in any of the following ways:

Posting in the comment section below.
Sending an e-mail to seth.emerson@coxinc.com
Tweeting at me at @sethwemerson

The mailbag will be posted on Thursday. Excited to bring it back, so … fire away!

Comments

• Options
    ColDawgColDawg Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

I've always been curious why UGA doesn't bring back the silver britches. I know years back they said Nike was having trouble making silver britches out of their new breathable material so we went with a gray. Just wondering if they have made any progress with this and if it's even an issue they have even looked at lately?

• Options
    MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looking back at that Vandy game last year, one of the lapses was that 95 yd KO return. So my question is about special teams. Seems like we would improve this year with so many talented DB's and LB's coming in. Guys who are very fast like Bishop and McBride along with strikers like LeCounte and Gibbs. How do you feel about special teams improvement, particularly KO and punt coverage?

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So many sports fans get agitated and irked when you sportswriters say something they don't like about their team. What is the one thing you'd most like to tell UGA fans even though you know they don't want to hear it?

• Options
    Eason4HeismanEason4Heisman Posts: 169 ✭✭✭ Junior

Will any UGA WR have a legitimate shot at a 1,000 yard season this season or will we have to wait until the 2019 guys arrive like Chip talked about?

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How many freshmen do you feel will make significant contributions in a) The App St game and b) the GT game. (First game and by year end)

• Options
    ladawgladawg Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Would love to hear more about Scott Sinclair... I know u can't interview him, but I'm sure u could talk to former players, people he worked with in the past.. what is his philosophy? What makes him unique? What interesting techniques does he use? I watch bama and those kids are grown men on the line and at lb.. a lot of that is their strength coach, who I read in past, sends players videos of Muhammad Ali fights before workouts.. etc..

Matt McCarty

• Options
    sethemersonsethemerson Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@levander said:
    So many sports fans get agitated and irked when you sportswriters say something they don't like about their team. What is the one thing you'd most like to tell UGA fans even though you know they don't want to hear it?

Just to be clear here, are you looking for me to tell everyone a fact or opinion I have on something that they don't want to hear? Or was it a general question?

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@sethemerson said:

@levander said:

Just to be clear here, are you looking for me to tell everyone a fact or opinion I have on something that they don't want to hear? Or was it a general question?

Oooh, an opinion sounds juicier! Do an opinion they don't want to hear?

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, Seth, go out on a limb and let's have some opinions that we might not like to hear.

• Options
    MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes, by all means share your opinion.