Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Is there a writer that you just despise?

MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll let a few of you fire away because if I start about who I'm thinking of, I can't say enough bad stuff. I will say Jeff and BA are the best in the biz at there profession and we're d a m n lucky to have those guys!

Comments

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mattmd2 said:
    Al Gore. Never did like anything he wrote, but if it weren't for him, the internet and this forum wouldn't exist.

lol

Chip just drives me insane. I've never read an article that didn't have AT LEAST 1 grammatical error. I'd think if your paid to put something out to the public maybe it deserves going over once at least before it's put out. N for a guy that I'm sure didn't play any type of school fb, he certainly thinks he knows the game inside and out. I love all ppl that have anything to do with DAWGNATION and UGA in general but his opinion on things has literally zero value to me, and that's what most of his writing consists of. I just can't see how he gets a check. But jmo

• skidmarksskidmarks Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just the opposite , I really like Mike Griffith , he brings a fresh perspective and when interviewing usually asks really good complete questions ...... I’m so sick of lazy interviewers makeing a bland statement then ask the guy “ your thoughts “. ?? Come on asl a well formed question ... hear this in golf all the time btw

• Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don’t read much. Articles that is. So idk

yea I like Mike. Optimistic, thorough, knows the game

• fmr33fmr33 Posts: 210 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@MacDawg15 said:
    Chip just drives me insane. I've never read an article that didn't have AT LEAST 1 grammatical error. I'd think if your paid to put something out to the public maybe it deserves going over once at least before it's put out. N for a guy that I'm sure didn't play any type of school fb, he certainly thinks he knows the game inside and out. I love all ppl that have anything to do with DAWGNATION and UGA in general but his opinion on things has literally zero value to me, and that's what most of his writing consists of. I just can't see how he gets a check. But jmo

It’s really hard to take your opinion on Chip’s grammatical mistakes seriously when you repeatedly misspell words and use the incorrect form of your/you’re and there/their/they’re.

@fmr33 said:

@MacDawg15 said:

It’s really hard to take your opinion on Chip’s grammatical mistakes seriously when you repeatedly misspell words and use the incorrect form of your/you’re and there/their/they’re.

Wanna tell me where you see that smartass? There is a place, their is people. Your, something belonging to; you're, you are a dumb ass. Any other **** remarks?

Oh yea. I forget the private accounts lol

And btw @fmr33 my bachelor's isn't in journalism but oddly I'm qualified to teach. You being butt hurt doesn't bother me Chip

• moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

Chip can be critical but I see no reason as fans that we should take it personally. It's his take. No reason to get emotionally involved. There are some writers at ESPN who blatantly try to be controversial and I find that annoying. Actually, though, that happens at all the major sports sites and a few papers.

edited September 2018

Dude I'm not losing sleep because of any article lol. I just found it odd that below the pic of the hit stick article somehow Bacarri Rambo is bringing out the stick although it's actually LeCounte. That's the kind of stuff I mean. Maybe his proofreader was sick though.

I see what yr' saying, Mac.

I will say that it's possible that it was the proofreader's error. I've written, edited, and proofread, and much to my chagrin, mistakes do get through somehow. They shouldn't, but it happens.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MacDawg15 said:

His dad was a FB coach of some repute and I think Chip was coached by him in like Pop Warner or something. He did mention it in one of his shows. I think he has studied FB closely via his dad and probably knows a good bit more than some think he does.

@donm said:

@MacDawg15 said:

His dad was a FB coach of some repute and I think Chip was coached by him in like Pop Warner or something. He did mention it in one of his shows. I think he has studied FB closely via his dad and probably knows a good bit more than some think he does.

Having to write about, I'd like to believe that. I'm not bashing the guy, just sick of seeing mistaken names and stuff of that sort. I mean Bacarri is helping us coach now, but how can the picture on the article of a topic name a guy that coaches for us when a sophomore was who he was thinking of? It is is SO many articles.. That's just a lazy error. Going over that once after writing it would have prevented it. I know my boss wants me to be thorough and do things correctly. Is this any different?

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@kelly_b said:
    I will say that it's possible that it was the proofreader's error. I've written, edited, and proofread, and much to my chagrin, mistakes do get through somehow. They shouldn't, but it happens.

And it seems to happen a LOT. Not only on Chip's articles. I wonder if they hire proofreaders...if they do, they need to be better at it. I mean, it's not all that hard. Even the state department is working on making their writing better as far as the use of commas goes. If Washington can do it, I know Dawg Nation can.

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Non Dawgnation related: I’ve never really liked Stewart Mandel. Used to write for SI.com and now I think for the Athletic. Has never really given the Dawgs much respect and had an infamous comment some years back where he said that UGA wasn’t a household name because a random guy in Montana wouldn’t recognize the logo/gear.

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@MacDawg15 said:

Believe I read that also about his dad