Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

With Freeze gone and with Coach Scott at Georgia....

cusedawgcusedawg Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior
edited July 2017 in General

My first thought is whether or not there are any potential players from Ole Miss' defensive line that could be potential transfer candidates to UGA. Also, I'm not aware of any head-to-head battles with Ole Miss, but would this have a positive impact on our recruiting?

Comments

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They have 10 recruits - all 3*

• cusedawgcusedawg Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Defensive line transfers? Any talent to Cherry pick?

• andycappsandycapps Posts: 292 ✭✭✭ Junior

@cusedawg said:
    My first thought is whether or not there are any potential players from Ole Miss' defensive line that could be potential transfer candidates to UGA. Also, I'm not aware of any head-to-head battles with Ole Miss, but would this have a positive impact on our recruiting?

They'll have some defections. Honestly, I'd prefer some of the huge receivers they always seem to have.

@cusedawg said:

On transfers, unless the NCAA includes that as a penalty, which is extremely rare, any transfer would still have to sit a year. I would hate to use a 2018 scholarship for "depth" on a player that may not be eligible until 2019 unless the case gets resolved in the next 3 weeks. In fact I am sure that this latest issue will delay the case while they determine if all the calls were for personal or improper benefits use.

• chiefdogchiefdog Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'll give up a 2018 scholly for DK Metcalf or Van Jefferson if they get released to play immediately. Either of them have as much ability as any WR on our roster.

@chiefdog said:
    I'll give up a 2018 scholly for DK Metcalf or Van Jefferson if they get released to play immediately. Either of them have as much ability as any WR on our roster.

I doubt either would be eligible to play until 2019 and I wouldn't want to miss on the #1 and 2 receiver in the 2019 class just for 1 and 2 years.

• moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe the sit-a-year transfer rules are waived in certain diciplinary situations from the NCAA. That said, I'd really want to scrutinize any potential transfer for how they ended up in that system before bringing them into ours, regardless of talent.

• DawgNutDawgNut Posts: 638 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@moos said:
    I believe the sit-a-year transfer rules are waived in certain diciplinary situations from the NCAA. That said, I'd really want to scrutinize any potential transfer for how they ended up in that system before bringing them into ours, regardless of talent.

I totally agree. I recall that Van and Tre Nixon were predumably set to be dawgs until last minute "efforts" from Hugh & company brought them to Ole Mi $$

• ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I remember that Penn State players were able to transfer without sitting out during their horrific circumstances.

• DawgNutDawgNut Posts: 638 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Baylor as well after the Briles dismissal

@Reeldawg said:
    I remember that Penn State players were able to transfer without sitting out during their horrific circumstances.

I think Baylor also but that is not the norm. The Ole Miss case hasn't even been heard yet and I would be very surprised if this didn't cause further delays while they investigate whether this is personal or Pitino type issue

• JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 8,553 admin

@DawgNut is trying to Land Sean Spicer's old gig with his diplomatic "efforts" summation.

I think Baylor also but that is not the norm. The Ole Miss case hasn't even been heard yet and I would be very surprised if this didn't cause further delays while they investigate whether this is personal or Pitino type issue

The rule is that if a school imposes or incurs a two year bowl ban then all players are released from scholarship if they wish and can transfer and play immediately. Ole Miss already missed imposed a one year bowl ban. If they or the NCAA impose another then all players are eligible to transfer and play immediately. It would cause a feeding frenzy.

• cusedawgcusedawg Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

@chiefdog said:

The rule is that if a school imposes or incurs a two year bowl ban then all players are released from scholarship if they wish and can transfer and play immediately. Ole Miss already missed imposed a one year bowl ban. If they or the NCAA impose another then all players are eligible to transfer and play immediately. It would cause a feeding frenzy.

This is precisely what I was thinking.

@chiefdog said:

But when is this going to be resolved? A lot of questions other than the one I already mentioned. When did the AD know about this. After all if all of the calls were redacted we still wouldn't know about this. Was it known way earlier and covered up in order to not destroy the LIC defense?

When did the AD know about this. After all if all of the calls were redacted we still wouldn't know about this. Was it known way earlier and covered up in order to not destroy the LIC defense?

The word that I heard (take that for what it is, not properly sourced btw), is that they knew for a while about it. They stood beside him but when Forde saw the number they knew that if he FOIA'd more phone data then they would lose control of the narrative and knew they had to fire him.

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

How about a LT oh wait......Tunsil went to the league lol

@chiefdog said:

When did the AD know about this. After all if all of the calls were redacted we still wouldn't know about this. Was it known way earlier and covered up in order to not destroy the LIC defense?

The word that I heard (take that for what it is, not properly sourced btw), is that they knew for a while about it. They stood beside him but when Forde saw the number they knew that if he FOIA'd more phone data then they would lose control of the narrative and knew they had to fire him.

In that case were the NCAA informed or were they withholding evidence/ You see there is a lot to look into and the whole NCAA thing may go into chapter 3, 4 or whatever.