Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Glad Patrick Reed, pro golfer...

AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

...left UGA for Augusta State University. He is such a tool and a terrible “ambassador” for ASU and the PGA.. Surprised Tiger didn’t kick his A S S.

Comments

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He is a d-bag, but he is one of the best “team” players in the world, dating back to college and previous Ryder Cups he has dominated (especially when paired with Spieth). Only Arnold Palmer and Gardener Dickinson have a better record than he and Spieth as teammates in US Ryder Cup history. To not pair them together was idiotic.

He had a 1-2 record this year, with both losses coming when playing with Tiger (when he should’ve been paired with Spieth). He was 6-1-2 coming into this Ryder Cup, I don’t care who you are only 1 loss in 9 matches is ridiculous. And for college he was 6-0 in match play with two national championships. And golf digest voted him the best NCAA match-player ever. Again, he is a d-bag, but he can play some team ball, yet was benched a few times when he could’ve played. Sounds personal to me, and maybe he is to blame, but you put the best players out there to help the U.S. win. Europe has won 9 of the last 12, so I don’t care who likes each other, put the best modern era team (Spieth/Reed) out there.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2018

@Teddy said:
    He is a d-bag, but he is one of the best “team” players in the world, dating back to college and previous Ryder Cups he has dominated (especially when paired with Spieth). Only Arnold Palmer and Gardener Dickinson have a better record than he and Spieth as teammates in US Ryder Cup history. To not pair them together was idiotic.

He had a 1-2 record this year, with both losses coming when playing with Tiger (when he should’ve been paired with Spieth). He was 6-1-2 coming into this Ryder Cup, I don’t care who you are only 1 loss in 9 matches is ridiculous. And for college he was 6-0 in match play with two national championships. And golf digest voted him the best NCAA match-player ever. Again, he is a d-bag, but he can play some team ball, yet was benched a few times when he could’ve played. Sounds personal to me, and maybe he is to blame, but you put the best players out there to help the U.S. win. Europe has won 9 of the last 12, so I don’t care who likes each other, put the best modern era team (Spieth/Reed) out there.

I agree. Tiger was 0-fer I think. I’ve never come close to breaking 100 and I could have produced the same result. No entitlement due to past history. CMR has lost control of the Ryder Cup.

@donm said:

@Teddy said:

I agree. Tiger was 0-fer I think. I’ve never come close to breaking 100 and I could have produced the same result. No entitlement due to past history. CMR has lost control of the Ryder Cup.

Yeah, there’s a lot better US players than Tiger these days. You’re already handicapping the team before you even start the tournament by taking him.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Has Tiger ever played well at the Ryder Cup? Hate to say it but I thought him and Bubba were both bad picks.

@orlando said:
    Has Tiger ever played well at the Ryder Cup? Hate to say it but I thought him and Bubba were both bad picks.

Tiger is 13-21-3 all time at the Ryder Cup. Pretty awful for this generation’s best player by far. Bubba is 4-10.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:

@orlando said:

Tiger is 13-21-3 all time at the Ryder Cup. Pretty awful for this generation’s best player by far. Bubba is 4-10.

I'll say it again. CMR has lost control of the Ryder Cup.

• SouthCarolinaDawgSouthCarolinaDawg Posts: 49 ✭✭ Sophomore

Reed is the worst

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@donm said:

@Teddy said:

@orlando said:

I'll say it again. CMR has lost control of the Ryder Cup.

I'll take the bait...

Don't worry Tiger, those majors just gather dust.

Hahaha

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Pigeons said:
    Reed begged to play with Tiger. He's a dumbass.

This x2, and Spieth asked not to play with him and did well.

@TNDawg71 said:

@Pigeons said:

Reed’s second choice was Tiger. Spieth obviously didn’t want to play with Reed, so Reed said he’d play with Tiger. He wasn’t begging for it like y’all are saying. It was more of playing nice in the media... either way, doesn’t matter what they ask for, that’s what the captain is for. Put the best modern era teammates together like it has been the previous two Ryder Cups. They’re there to represent the U.S., not their egos. Spieth opted out of this deal, and the captain did nothing to put a stop to it. Reed has done plenty of shady things in his career, but this one is on Spieth and Furyk.

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:

@TNDawg71 said:

@Pigeons said:

Reed’s second choice was Tiger. Spieth obviously didn’t want to play with Reed, so Reed said he’d play with Tiger. He wasn’t begging for it like y’all are saying. It was more of playing nice in the media... either way, doesn’t matter what they ask for, that’s what the captain is for. Put the best modern era teammates together like it has been the previous two Ryder Cups. They’re there to represent the U.S., not their egos. Spieth opted out of this deal, and the captain did nothing to put a stop to it. Reed has done plenty of shady things in his career, but this one is on Spieth and Furyk.

I fail how Spieth and Reed together would have been an improvement. Spieth was still good and didn't want to play with Reed. Really Spieth and Reed couldn't have done much better and someone else would have been with Tiger, struggling. Same result.

@TNDawg71 said:

@Teddy said:

@TNDawg71 said:

@Pigeons said:

I fail how Spieth and Reed together would have been an improvement. Spieth was still good and didn't want to play with Reed. Really Spieth and Reed couldn't have done much better and someone else would have been with Tiger, struggling. Same result.

I get what you’re saying. But still don’t see why you split a team up that was 4-1-1 all time together. Tiger shouldn’t have been participating in general.

• BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

Note how smooth the caddy was grabbing another wedge, just like he expected this!

• allywallyw Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Wish I could afford new clubs, let alone snap one
  • volatilisvolatilis Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He should have broken what really caused the bad hit, something like his arm or finger. The wedge didn't screw up.