Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

This one hurts

law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not because LSU beat us. But because we basically beat ourselves, very frustrating.

I know were a young team but,
Fromm has got to go. Put fields in for the rest of the Year lets see what he can do...Fromm has not been on his game all year.

Go Dawgs

Comments

• VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LSU had a lot to do with it but I agree with your sentiment. It wasn’t hard fought and we came up short. It was a lot of looking around wondering what was going on...

• WartownDawgWartownDawg Posts: 54 ✭✭✭ Junior

@law_dawg35 said:
    Not because LSU beat us. But because we basically beat ourselves, very frustrating.

Go Dawgs

This^^ . I would have rather our offense get whipped up front and our rb's having crappy ypc with our receivers blanketed the entire game than see what just transpired. I watched most of the game in a state of bewilderment wondering what was going on.

I think the D played pretty darn well honestly. Yes, a few big mistakes here and there but they covered those mistakes by tightening up and not giving up tds on their mistakes. I am of course excluding what happened in the 4th because by then they were worn out from being on the field a ridiculous amount of time and probably pretty low on spirit given what the offense had been doing.

A loss that should not have happened. Let's see how the team responds?

• law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WartownDawg said:

@law_dawg35 said:

Go Dawgs

This^^ . I would have rather our offense get whipped up front and our rb's having crappy ypc with our receivers blanketed the entire game than see what just transpired. I watched most of the game in a state of bewilderment wondering what was going on.

I think the D played pretty darn well honestly. Yes, a few big mistakes here and there but they covered those mistakes by tightening up and not giving up tds on their mistakes. I am of course excluding what happened in the 4th because by then they were worn out from being on the field a ridiculous amount of time and probably pretty low on spirit given what the offense had been doing.

A loss that should not have happened. Let's see how the team responds?

I couldn't have said it better.. .im still in aw at the way we played

I also think Smart is trying to give to many people playing time, and it is keeping the team from developing chemistry.

I know we got alot of players who want the ball, but we gotta develop a lil chemistry too.

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@law_dawg35 said:
    I also think Smart is trying to give to many people playing time, and it is keeping the team from developing chemistry.

I know we got alot of players who want the ball, but we gotta develop a lil chemistry too.

Fair assessment

• KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I disagree, don’t think we beat ourselves. We didn’t play great but honestly this wasn’t exactly an aberration and we have played similar to this level all year. LSU was better than us today, and not because we gave the game away.

edited October 2018

@Kirbstomper said:
    I disagree, don’t think we beat ourselves. We didn’t play great but honestly this wasn’t exactly an aberration and we have played similar to this level all year. LSU was better than us today, and not because we gave the game away.

I think we did beat ourselves. Fromm missed to many recivers 3 passes he missed would of been easy tds..our coaching staff abandoned the run (when it was working) wwaayyy to early. Two trick plays that left points on the field, thats on the coaches.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can't remember the last loss that made me feel good, maybe that means I'm due one.

@Kirbstomper said:

We absolutely beat ourselves. Left points on field. Bad play calling. Players not executing. I could go on and on...

@greygoose01 said:

@Kirbstomper said:

We absolutely beat ourselves. Left points on field. Bad play calling. Players not executing. I could go on and on...

Just curious for you guys, has Uga ever lost and not beat ourselves. Like have we ever been the worse team once :smile:

@Kirbstomper said:

@greygoose01 said:

@Kirbstomper said:

Just curious for you guys, has Uga ever lost and not beat ourselves. Like have we ever been the worse team once :smile:

Richt era

• WartownDawgWartownDawg Posts: 54 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Kirbstomper said:

I get the joke but I am going to respond anyway!

There are many. The one that sticks out the most when I think of us getting absolutely pushed around was the 2015 Bama game in Athens. That was brutal.

Disclaimer: Compared to most on here I am probably a fairly new Dawg Fan (only like 10 years) so I am sure many have others far worse.

@WartownDawg said:

@Kirbstomper said:

I get the joke but I am going to respond anyway!

There are many. The one that sticks out the most when I think of us getting absolutely pushed around was the 2015 Bama game in Athens. That was brutal.

Disclaimer: Compared to most on here I am probably a fairly new Dawg Fan (only like 10 years) so I am sure many have others far worse.

I was at that game, was an absolute heartbreaker. I remember we were actually favored to win and it was completely pouring all day. Talk about soggy sorrows!