Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Best place to eat in Athens?

I'm new to Athens, and I'd love some good restaurant suggestions!

Comments

• 1DawgGA1DawgGA Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

Really depends on what you are in to. Definitely hit up Mama's Boy for breakfast. For lunch, grab a slice of pizza or try an Italian sub from Little Italy. For dinner, try Last Resort or Porter house. All of the places are located in or near downtown Athens. Happy Eating!

• burnthickorydawgburnthickorydawg Posts: 29 ✭ Freshman

Blind pigg for wings!!! Weaver d's for homecooking. The grill for burgers and shakes that are out of this world!!!

• JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 8,553 admin

With couples: Five
    Date Night: Last Resort
    Gameday fare: Weaver D's
    Breakfast: The Grit

• SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,535 mod

I've never been to Cali N Tito's - how does it compare to the above? Gonna be in the Classic City - was trying to decide between Last Resort & Cali N Tito's for lunch next Saturday.

• TomatoBot9000TomatoBot9000 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

I do not eat, as I am a robot. However sources tell me that if Mexican food is what you seek, Tlaloc ranks higher than all other Hispanic cuisine establishments in the Classic City.

@SavageDawg17 said:
    I've never been to Cali N Tito's - how does it compare to the above? Gonna be in the Classic City - was trying to decide between Last Resort & Cali N Tito's for lunch next Saturday.

• RenoHightowerRenoHightower Posts: 33 ✭✭ Sophomore

George's Low Country

• GDAWG2716GDAWG2716 Posts: 19 ✭ Freshman

Stop by Ike & Jane on Prince Ave. its an amazing breakfast place. across from agua linda after you cross over the loop

• RetiredRedcoatRetiredRedcoat Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jeff's comment is on point. But if you go to Last Resort be sure to bring two things: a reservation and $$$. The Grill is overrated (runs from pitchforks) except for their milkshakes. Little Italy is not the best pizza you'll try by any stretch, but it can't be beat for the price. Also the slice size is larger than anybody's head who isn't named Spurrier.

• dawgslobberdawgslobber Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman
    edited January 2017

Brunch:The Place is probably my favorite new brunch spot followed by Heirloom Cafe (on a Sunny day). Mama's boy is good in the summer when you don't have to deal with the crowds as much. Big City bread is good too, they have good coffee. I like the breakfast burrito at Kumquat Mae, Zombie Doughnuts is incredible

Fancy date: 5 and 10, Five Bar, The National, Last Resort, Depalmas

Everthing in between: Big green egg on my back deck.

• BigAl58bulldogBigAl58bulldog Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Taqueria Tsunami (downtown and at Oconee Connector). Also, Ted's Most Best (downtown).
    Cali N Tito is my favorite, but if you've never been there you should know that it's like eating at a dive/shack on the beach in Peru! Also, they accept cash only (maybe checks). No credit cards! I recommend the lomo saltado (beef). Lunch prices are much better than dinner prices.