Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Whoa buddy. It's National Sourest Day AND National Greasy Food Day.

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What a great opportunity to (1) get out what little negativity we have remaining before the big game and go into the fray with a clean, relaxed mind. Banish all smile and get your pout on.

If that's not your cup of tea/coffee/liqueur/beer/wine/whiskey/water/whatever (see the alliteration? ) then we also have National Greasy Food Day. Although not the healthiest of choices, every once in awhile it just has to be okay to enjoy some greasy food. From fried chicken, pizza, nachos and french fries to bacon and hash brown potatoes, we all like a treat in our regular diet.

Greasy foods can be prepared with healthier oils and with much less than normal amounts of oil used when cooking, making them much healthier choices. But for this one day, why not get in the spirit and do your greasiest? Can't we find something to eat that is bad for us while keeping a pout on our faces?

After our District Cross Country race today, I go right by a Taco Bell. I think I'll stop by and celebrate Greasy Food Day with the good folks there. I'll have to work on the sour part because I expect our kids to race pretty well today.

Comments

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2018

@donm said:
    What a great opportunity to (1) get out what little negativity we have remaining before the big game and go into the fray with a clean, relaxed mind. Banish all smile and get your pout on.

If that's not your cup of tea/coffee/liqueur/beer/wine/whiskey/water/whatever (see the alliteration? ) then we also have National Greasy Food Day. Although not the healthiest of choices, every once in awhile it just has to be okay to enjoy some greasy food. From fried chicken, pizza, nachos and french fries to bacon and hash brown potatoes, we all like a treat in our regular diet.

Greasy foods can be prepared with healthier oils and with much less than normal amounts of oil used when cooking, making them much healthier choices. But for this one day, why not get in the spirit and do your greasiest? Can't we find something to eat that is bad for us while keeping a pout on our faces?

After our District Cross Country race today, I go right by a Taco Bell. I think I'll stop by and celebrate Greasy Food Day with the good folks there. I'll have to work on the sour part because I expect our kids to race pretty well today.

Taco Bell offers a good value, plus decent nutrition. I recall dining at a theme restaurant in my salad days - the kind that is very dimly lit. Looking at the leftovers the next day - the 'steak' was a fatty chuck - yuck!

• Options
    moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, in that case...

@BojanglesInsider

Take that lemon outta the sweet tea,
    Dip it in butter,
    And slap your momma