Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

National Stress Awareness Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

While maybe not a glamor topic, like National Nacho Day or National BBQ Day, I think this is an important one. Stress can be a killer. Take a moment to check out where stress comes into your life and what you might want to do about it. For many, I think reading and posting on this forum may be a source of stress release. Exercise, even simple walking, can help as well. The payoff for staying healthy is the opportunity to enjoy more years of Dawg football and posts from some of our amazing board members.

To quote that eminent philosopher, Aaron Rogers, "Relax".

Comments

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2018

:/ ...This makes me uneasy.

Forgive me for taking slight creative license, but here in essence are 3 basic philosophical belief foundations to life.

Descartes - I do, therefore I be.
    Nietzche - I be, therefore I do.
    Frank Sinatra - I do be, do be do.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod
    edited November 2018

@WCDawg said:
    Forgive me for taking slight creative license, but here in essence are 3 basic philosophical belief foundations to life.

May I add 1 more?

• PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For me, stress relief would be not watching another Chaney debacle on 1st & goal from the one.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BojanglesInsider said:
    Here, for the thread.

De-stress with this:

mary elizabeth winstead laughing nipple slip.gif

Yeah you're welcome

Fail ^^ (promises, promises

• BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I took a step to relieve stress this morning by unfollowing Ohio University Football on Facebook.

We lost to our arch rival Miami of Ohio last night who was 3-6, basically ending any chance of winning the crummy MAC Title for the first time since 1968, the year I graduated from Kindergarten. So much for being the preseason favorite as voted by the MAC writers.

I probably should change my name on this board as part of my therapy. Open to any suggestions.

51Years&Counting

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BobcatGrad said:
    I took a step to relieve stress this morning by unfollowing Ohio University Football on Facebook.

We lost to our arch rival Miami of Ohio last night who was 3-6, basically ending any chance of winning the crummy MAC Title for the first time since 1968, the year I graduated from Kindergarten. So much for being the preseason favorite as voted by the MAC writers.

I probably should change my name on this board as part of my therapy. Open to any suggestions.

51Years&Counting

Notunlikemostfansinmostfanbasesmostyears

I feel for you!

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BobcatGrad said:

51Years&Counting

I think you are really "fooling" yourself. You really do love your bobcats. So...change your name to BobcatLover. Don't deny it. Embrace it. Life itself is a wave, with ups and downs. Accept both - remember to treat Victory and Defeat the same - they are both impostors a la Rudyard Kipling. Whew. Where did that come from? Sounds a lot like preaching to me now that I re-read it, but I'd still suggest the same name change.

edited November 2018

@ghostofuga1 said:

@WCDawg said:

May I add 1 more?

''Do be'' vs doobie.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@ghostofuga1 said:

@WCDawg said:

May I add 1 more?

''Do be'' vs doobie.

those guys were hilarious - at least to me.