Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

National Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not kidding on this one folks. There were actually about 7 possible topics on this one, but most revolved around things like Bundt cakes and such.

So....get after it. See how creative you can be with what's left over in your fridge. Any suggestions?

Comments

• CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's a scary place.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They ain't the boss of me.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As a single guy, my fridge has nothing but condiments, but I could still participate in NCOYRD with a few clorox wipes for the shelves and drawers. Thanks for the inspiration Don.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AnotherDawg said:
    As a single guy, my fridge has nothing but condiments, but I could still participate in NCOYRD with a few clorox wipes for the shelves and drawers. Thanks for the inspiration Don.

I’m only here to serve my fellow Dawg fans...and be entertained and informed and....now I got to get back to those things in the back of my fridge.

edited November 2018

A weird fact. The more stuff in a fridge, the more efficient it is to operate. There is less cubic air to cool when there's stuff occupying it. That's why I never take stuff out of mine. I never wipe it down either, I haven't come up with a suitable excuse for that one yet, but I'm working on it.

@AnotherDawg said:

Put as many gallon jugs filled with water in there as you have free space for, they will save you money on your power bill.

@WCDawg said:

@AnotherDawg said:

Put as many gallon jugs filled with water in there as you have free space for, they will save you money on your power bill.

I fill it up with beer every day but someone always empties it out overnight.

• CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@AnotherDawg said:

Freeze those jugs and put them on he top shelf prior to a big storm and stuff will keep in there for a week during a power outage.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Catfish said:

@WCDawg said:

@AnotherDawg said:

Freeze those jugs and put them on he top shelf prior to a big storm and stuff will keep in there for a week during a power outage.

Nice tip. Thanks.

@AnotherDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@AnotherDawg said:

I fill it up with beer every day but someone always empties it out overnight.

That happened to me after I got a divorce. Coincidentally when I cut back on my alcohol consumption people stopped stealing my beer.

edited November 2018

Who are you, who are so wise in the ways of science?

• jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Found some furry strawberries

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks for the reminder that it’s trash day

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:
    They ain't the boss of me.

Amen.

Bet it’s sponsored by Piggly Wiggly....

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

But I do have several random jars of jelly and salsa.