Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

25.5 post a day on average......

ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

One particular member on here is averaging 25.5 post a day on the forums. At what point would this be considered an addiction? Are there support groups for something like this? I mean really....that is over 1 post an hour 24/7 for over 300 days.

That's all, just waiting for some football and the wife is yaking at her sister on the phone. Thought I'd research some member "stats"........

Comments

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:
    One particular member on here is averaging 25.5 post a day on the forums. At what point would this be considered an addiction? Are there support groups for something like this? I mean really....that is over 1 post an hour 24/7 for over 300 days.

That's all, just waiting for some football and the wife is yaking at her sister on the phone. Thought I'd research some member "stats"........

While the stats can't be denied, the meaning behind them certainly can. I think educating the masses is a noble enterprise and one possible explanation for his/her league leading stats.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

@donm said:

@ghostofuga1 said:

While the stats can't be denied, the meaning behind them certainly can. I think educating the masses is a noble enterprise and one possible explanation for his/her league leading stats.

Aaah! But leaving the trivia for those to figure out is all the fun.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm looking for a new hobby. Can the OP let me know if obsessing over how others spend their time is satisfying/rewarding.

@ghostofuga1 said:

@donm said:

@ghostofuga1 said:

Aaah, to me the stats are the trivia and the meaning behind them the meat of the matter.

@donm said:

@ghostofuga1 said:

@donm said:

@ghostofuga1 said:

Aaah, to me the stats are the trivia and the meaning behind them the meat of the matter.

Speaking of the meat of the matter.......

• Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sorry didn't mean to make a pig of myself, wait that isn't me! Some of the time one may have a lot to educate the masses on. Or it could be a case of what we use to call diarrhea mouth, it just running and running.

@MikeGriffith said:
    I think it's interesting someone it counting up other people's posts and averaging them out -- that shows true dedication!

''dedication'', I call that a euphemism.

@MikeGriffith said:
    I think it's interesting someone it counting up other people's posts and averaging them out -- that shows true dedication!

If I had your job, I surely wouldn't be doing it. I'm dedicated to finding non-sensible things to report on. You, on the other hand, are always searching for sensible things to report on, for which I really do appreciate your dedication in doing so....

edited November 2018

@ghostofuga1 said:

@MikeGriffith said:

If I had your job, I surely wouldn't be doing it. I'm dedicated to finding non-sensible things to report on. You, on the other hand, are always searching for sensible things to report on, for which I really do appreciate your dedication in doing so....

Don't you mean you're non-sensibly reporting things.

edited November 2018

Btw- I never mentioned who I was referring to or why I decided to bring it up. Just bored until Saturday and guess it would be entertaining if I throw the bait out there and catch the fish...and 25.5 more post in 24 hours.

Just a sportsmanship in a way.....

@ghostofuga1 said:
    Btw- I never mentioned who I was referring to or why I decided to bring it up. Just bored until Saturday and guess it would be entertaining if I throw the bait out there and catch the fish...and 25.5 more post in 24 hours.

Just a sportsmanship in a way.....

That's ok, I never even noticed you before.

@12ed said:
    I use to be on a board where some UK guy was trying to predict shifts in the currency market with astrology, yes that's a thing. His posts were very trollish, but he had a confirmed live account with a reputable forex broker that everyone on the board could observe. He ended up blowing up that account... Detonated a £500k account balance that he had managed to expand to £1 mil all to way down to £0 in gloriously tragic fashion.

I didn't keep up with his posting average but it seemed like it had to be over 100 posts per day.

Now THAT was addiction. 25.5 per day seems very tame to me.

Astrology is useless, crystals and brick dust are the tools of enlightened prognostication.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:
    I’ve gotten to the point where I just consider WC like one of those bug zapper lights you can put out on your porch.

Yeah they’re annoyingly because they make that humming buzz noise and they are way too bright.

But what kind of riff raff would you have around your place if you didn’t have that bug light there scaring people off?

That’s what you gotta ask yourself.

😂🤣😂😂😂

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod
    edited November 2018

Bet the average is now 26 posts per day because of this thread......don't have time to do the math, real life is calling.....

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@12ed said:

@levander said:
    I’ve gotten to the point where I just consider WC like one of those bug zapper lights you can put out on your porch.

Yeah they’re annoyingly because they make that humming buzz noise and they are way too bright.

But what kind of riff raff would you have around your place if you didn’t have that bug light there scaring people off?

That’s what you gotta ask yourself.

All I got out of this is your bug light zappers apparently scare people away from your porch.

I would like to see pictures of these bug zappers. They have to be very impressive.

So you shall...

Do not know if the above is the brand, but it does work. Needs to be open to the atmosphere (not in a sealed fixture).

@MikeGriffith said:

Once again, forget the behavior...what's the meaning behind it. It could be good -dedication - or it could be far less noble - denigration.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sounds like me last year. Lol

It was definitely an addiction for me...
    I’ve been too busy at work this year.

As long it’s good content, keep it up.

@donm said:

@MikeGriffith said:

Once again, forget the behavior...what's the meaning behind it. It could be good -dedication - or it could be far less noble - denigration.

What is the MEANING behind your post, I must know, forget my posts, let's dissect you.