Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Help

Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I come here and sometimes the screen is black with red type, I normally hit full site and I changes to a white background with black type which I like. That isn’t working. I have red type with black background and it’s hard as h3ll to see. What can I do to fix it. I tried logging out but that didn’t work.

Comments

• insertusernamehereinsertusernamehere Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Same here. On iPhone, you can click the rectangle with an arrow at the bottom of the safari browser window and choose the “request desktop site” option. That worked for me...apparently the software update the other day messed up the “full site” option in the upper left. If you have Android, maybe @levander or one of the other guys can help.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’ve never seen that before. No idea.

Some boards let you change the “theme”, which is just the colors used. But I was just poking around in the settings I have access to and there was nothing about choosing a theme or colors that I saw.

The rectangle with an arrow icon, I think you’re talking about the notifications icon. You click on it to see if anybody has responded to your post or sent you a PM?

Try to access these forums on another browser? Like if you usually use Safari to access these forums, down Chrome and see if you still have the same problem? If the problem goes away, it’s a problem with your browser. If the problem remains, it’s probably on a problem on the server with your account.

If the problem went away when you tried a different browser, I’d definitely try clearing your regular browser’s cache. The problem may be that you’ve got old files from this web site cached that aren’t working with some new update on this web site. And you need to tell your browser to force a fresh download of these cached files. How you do that is by clearing your browser’s cache.

To clear Safari’s cache on an iPad, go to the Settings app. Then on the left scroll all the way down to Safari and click on it. Now on the right click on “Clear History and Website Data”.

I just do iPhone and iPadf you want instructions for clearing any browser’s cache there. I don’t even have access to any Android device so can’t help you there. But the concepts are the same. I just don’t know what to click on to clear a cache on Android.

• Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2018

Cleared the cache and no change. Aggravated >:)
    Thank you for the help

@Dawg1419 said:
    Cleared the cache and no change. Aggravated >:)
    Thank you for the help

Did you try a different browser?

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You came to the right poster, I'm the resident tech-xpert on DN software...wait, I actually svck at it...carry on.

I cleared my cache yesterday. Downloaded Firefox and chrome, nothing helped. Only thing that helped on iOS was to click the rectangle with an arrow at the bottom of Safari (at the bottom like you are going to iMessage the page link), scroll to the right, and choose “request desktop site.” Otherwise, it is giving the mobile site with black background and red letters. Nasty looking. Hope this helps.

@insertusernamehere said:
    I cleared my cache yesterday. Downloaded Firefox and chrome, nothing helped. Only thing that helped on iOS was to click the rectangle with an arrow at the bottom of Safari (at the bottom like you are going to iMessage the page link), scroll to the right, and choose “request desktop site.” Otherwise, it is giving the mobile site with black background and red letters. Nasty looking. Hope this helps.

You had the same problem in both browsers?

If so, my guess is it’s a problem on the server. But it’s only affecting certain accounts because I’m not getting it here.

Changing to the desktop site was smart. We’ve gotten no word if Dawg1419 has tried that yet.

Yeah, same problem with all browsers. Site was down on Wednesday for a while and I was getting an error message that Vanilla was down or could it be reached. I assume this is connected - either problems or update that messed up something...

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have an android and I'm having the same problem

edited December 2018

I haven’t tried a new browser. But did try the rectangle with arrow and it works after clearing the history. Thank you and

_Go Dawgs GATA_

Now i can view white background but have to manually pull it up everytime. Better than a stick in the eye.