Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Where do you browse "Dawgnation"?

2»

Comments

• ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Bulldawg1982 said:

@Bankwalker said:

@Bulldawg1982 said:
    Ouch.... leave smart phone in your truck. That s.u.c.k.s man.

I use this app called "the score" for sports stuff.

I cant sit for a longspell without my phone and the internet. Keeps me from being fidgety. I watched UGA games in the stand some this year.

Oh I get it man, trust me. But watching all that good meat run away makes you wish you'd have left your phone in your truck though, huh?

The doe didn't smell the phone

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ThisDawg said:

@Bulldawg1982 said:

@Bankwalker said:

@Bulldawg1982 said:

I cant sit for a longspell without my phone and the internet. Keeps me from being fidgety. I watched UGA games in the stand some this year.

Oh I get it man, trust me. But watching all that good meat run away makes you wish you'd have left your phone in your truck though, huh?

The doe didn't smell the phone

I assumed the doe smelled his scent when he took his gloves off to work his phone. How i read it anyway...

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2018

Naw. She just smelled me because I stunk. I was slow out of bed and skipped a shower. Just a tad more breeze and I would have been fine but at 15yds she just got enough to turn around and walk back the way she came.

• Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m in Athens at kohl’s, in the car waiting on my wife as I type.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2018

In the shower during the morning when I wake up. here and there throughout the day depending on what’s going on. The pot when I get home to decompress and then in bed while my wife is watching a dumb show like this is us

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@FirePlugDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@Bulldawg1982 said:

@Bankwalker said:

@Bulldawg1982 said:

She was standing behind a water oak limb that is still holding leaves. While she stood there trying to figure out if something was wrong, my thoughts were 1) will I gut her out by the road or take her back to camp to the skinning post? 2) Is my cooler clean and do I have bleach in my.camper? 3) I need to call the butcher at Shield's by Emory to have him save me some pork fat, and 4) I think I'll try some different casings when I make sausage this time. In my mind, she was already dead. Then next thing I know she is going the opposite direction. :(

Gotta do it. I'm a hypocrite, but I gotta do it....

https://youtube.com/watch?v=pkIUwZOArts

Priceless. Short story here. My dad was, for 30-40 years a deer/elk hunter and pretty successful. We ate venison a lot. All of a sudden, one year, he took the barrel off of his rifle and attached a camera to the stock. He proceeded to take pictures of deer for many years after that. Said he didn't want to kill them anymore. I missed the venison for sure but now, at his age, I understand what he was doing. Not meant to ruffle any feathers.

@donm said:

@FirePlugDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@Bulldawg1982 said:

@Bankwalker said:

@Bulldawg1982 said:

She was standing behind a water oak limb that is still holding leaves. While she stood there trying to figure out if something was wrong, my thoughts were 1) will I gut her out by the road or take her back to camp to the skinning post? 2) Is my cooler clean and do I have bleach in my.camper? 3) I need to call the butcher at Shield's by Emory to have him save me some pork fat, and 4) I think I'll try some different casings when I make sausage this time. In my mind, she was already dead. Then next thing I know she is going the opposite direction. :(

Gotta do it. I'm a hypocrite, but I gotta do it....

https://youtube.com/watch?v=pkIUwZOArts

Priceless. Short story here. My dad was, for 30-40 years a deer/elk hunter and pretty successful. We ate venison a lot. All of a sudden, one year, he took the barrel off of his rifle and attached a camera to the stock. He proceeded to take pictures of deer for many years after that. Said he didn't want to kill them anymore. I missed the venison for sure but now, at his age, I understand what he was doing. Not meant to ruffle any feathers.

No feathers ruffled here. I know several people who have taken that approach, for garious reasons. Including just not wanting to drag one out of the woods or an altered appreciation from their youth. I think all of the people I’ve known who started taking pictures were rifle hunters. I quit rifle hunting when I was 16 for personal reasons and didnt deer hunt again for 20 years I did recently buy a 300 blackout upper for an A.R. pistol that I intend to use to kill at least one deer and hogs. The AR15 is an excellent and popular hunting platform with the many specialized calibers now available for target shooters and hunters instead of the mildly lethal .223 people think is a killing machine and “weapon of war.” Carries in the woods better than a traditional rifle too.

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

When I was a kid and a young adult, I was a big-time hunter, too. Somehow, though, as I reached middle age, I had seen enough violence and death from my career that I just couldn't bring myself to shoot them anymore.

It's funny and sad.....I wouldn't have a second thought about pulling the trigger if a human was breaking into my house to do me or mine harm, but I can't bring myself to shoot another deer.

@UnderDog68 said:

@donm said:

When I was a kid and a young adult, I was a big-time hunter, too. Somehow, though, as I reached middle age, I had seen enough violence and death from my career that I just couldn't bring myself to shoot them anymore.

It's funny and sad.....I wouldn't have a second thought about pulling the trigger if a human was breaking into my house to do me or mine harm, but I can't bring myself to shoot another deer.

My dad was an engineer for the railroad and saw all kinds of horrible things, including mothers and children pull out in front of the train back before crossings were better protected. He was the same way. Even when he took me hunting, he never really sat in the woods to take a deer himself.

• DGDinNYCDGDinNYC Posts: 748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I work from home with 2 screens. I used to only check the site around Noon and again before bed. But over the past few months I've found the forum to be a better source of information so now it is on one of my screens in an open tab all day.