Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Fields in the Sugar Bowl

13»

Comments

• Dawg19Dawg19 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Bankwalker said:

@MeR3htid said:
    Yeah if he's still practicing with the team then he's torn. Kelly Bryant left skidmarks on his way out of Clemson, S.C. but I still think he leaves. Must b awkward as hell though.

Very good point. I hope he isnt reading the internet. Lota of unfair assumptions have been made about the timing and associated motivations, etc.

He made his bed now he has to sleep in it

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TNDawg71 said:

@WCDawg said:

@BojanglesInsider said:

@WCDawg said:
    If we know he's leaving, don't play him.

Don't play him, don't coach him, treat him like the red headed step child of the UGA football program

Well, let's keep it civil. I doubt he'd want to risk injury if his bags are packed anyway.
    Remember that movie where the woman was hit by a car while on her way to the Empire State Building to tell her beau she would marry him. She ended up a one legged prostitute turning tricks at Times Square for pocket change. I mean, Justin is a fairly handsome kid, but if I'm a sailor on shore leave I go with the peg legged prostitute 8, maybe 9 out of 10 times.

Sound of Music?

That's the one, The ''Family'' had her run over.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Too many rumors and too little news, but I trust Kirby will do what should be done in the best interests of the University of Georgia and its football program and the current team.

Go, Dawgs!

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wonder what would've happened if Eason hadn't gotten hurt? Think Fromm would've transferred by now if he couldn't win the job?

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MeR3htid said:
    Wonder what would've happened if Eason hadn't gotten hurt? Think Fromm would've transferred by now if he couldn't win the job?

Oddly enough I don't. I think Eason and Fromm would be the starter and backuo respectively and Fields would've taken his RS with a aim at taking the starting spot after Eason is the #1 draft pick. Lol

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah well hopefully Plumlee sticks and we can bring in another quality arm because if Fromm gets hurt next year we're done, done, done. Fromm is really durable but just sayin.

• jgf1031jgf1031 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I say let him dress out, make him wear his helmet all game long, and don't play him unless Fromm goes down. I'd like for his last game as a Dawg to be on the sidelines, watching us whoop the Longhorns with no help needed from #1

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Thelordjohnson said:

@MeR3htid said:

Oddly enough I don't. I think Eason and Fromm would be the starter and backuo respectively and Fields would've taken his RS with a aim at taking the starting spot after Eason is the #1 draft pick. Lol

I dont think we would have been able to sign Fields. It was clear to everyone by November that Eason would be leaving. I think the Fields camp underestimated Fromm's abilities.

Yes, I think Fromm would have stayed. The downside is that we probably dont sign near the same class a year ago. Fields was a pied piper for us. We are so much better off because of Justin Fields than we would have been if he had stayed with Penn St, and especially if he had inked with Florida and pulled recruits with him to Gainesville.

• deutcshland_dawgdeutcshland_dawg Posts: 1,595 mod

Is anyone for sure that the Fields' family are the ones who leaked it? It could have been one of the teams he has been talking too and they wanted to cause as much damage as possible. And for the record I'm not trying to defend him just trying to slow the tar and feather crowd down a little cause we have no clue what really happened. It seemed like his family was surprised by the leak and they were forced to put his name on the transfer list yesterday

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@deutcshland_dawg said:
    Is anyone for sure that the Fields' family are the ones who leaked it? It could have been one of the teams he has been talking too and they wanted to cause as much damage as possible. And for the record I'm not trying to defend him just trying to slow the tar and feather crowd down a little cause we have no clue what really happened. It seemed like his family was surprised by the leak and they were forced to put his name on the transfer list yesterday

I don't know that they were surprised. USA Today posted the story then social media went crazy with it. About 2 hours later Chip calls Fields' home. There is practically no way that was the first time they heard of it and in no way did the Fields camp try to stop the whirlwind. I do think it was the said school that released it though bc surely Georgia natives wouldn't purposely try to s.c.r.e.w. UGA over, right? That would not be very wise unless they are planning on leaving the state. But then again, they STILL haven't went public. Idk, but one thing is for sure that the timing of this isn't a big coincident and had malicious intent on the program.

• czaxsbakczaxsbak Posts: 55 ✭✭✭ Junior

.....no sugar for justin and crew....uga runs a tight ship....

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nah ...only 100% Dawgs get to play in the sUGAr bowl.

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker said:

@Thelordjohnson said:

@MeR3htid said:

I dont think we would have been able to sign Fields. It was clear to everyone by November that Eason would be leaving. I think the Fields camp underestimated Fromm's abilities.

Yes, I think Fromm would have stayed. The downside is that we probably dont sign near the same class a year ago. Fields was a pied piper for us. We are so much better off because of Justin Fields than we would have been if he had stayed with Penn St, and especially if he had inked with Florida and pulled recruits with him to Gainesville.

objective and accurate. The Fields story will be told...mistakes on both sides.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It'll all come out. At the moment I'm not sure what's rumors and what's what.

I see no need to be all up in arms about anything Justin may have done or not done. He's a kid. He's on our team and practicing. If something truly important happens, something real that Kirby needs to take care of, a real change in the status of a player, I'm sure we'll be informed.

I know it looks like somebody has thrown UGA and/or the team and/or the fans under the bus. Maybe someone has. If so, we don't know who. We don't know what Fields has or has not done. It's Kirby's job to know what's up, to deal with the reality, to respond appropriately.

It's my job as a fan to support our team. As far as I know, Justin Fields is the backup quarterback on the team I cheer for at the school from which I graduated.

No, I'm not thrilled about what I hear either, but what's real?

Go, Dawgs!

• JoeClarkJoeClark Posts: 467 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't know who did what or ill intent so I won't speculate...
    As of now, he's a kid who is exploring and that's okay... he's made no decisions on his future.
    If you want to keep the kid, I would think Kirby would, let him play and practice like regular.
    Only thing I'd maybe do different is give him more garbage time if we're up big... PT is the best selling point in this situation. Maybe give him a chance to see what he can do in the offense with a little bit of patience...
    Fromm has been healthy but anything can happen and we still have a game to win...