Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

National Chocolate Candy Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Who doesn't like a nice piece of chocolate - allegedly it's even a "health" food. Anybody want to claim a favorite candy bar with chocolate?
Nestle's does it for me.

For the very few of us who don't like chocolate, it's also National Card Playing Day. What are your favorite card games? My grandparents and us kids used to play one they called "spit in the ocean". Don't even really recall the rules any more, but it was fun playing with them. They used to always cheat and then argue about not cheating. It was hilarious.

It's also National Pledge Of Allegiance Day. I know this one may be fraught with negative possibilities but, nevertheless, I offer it as a possible point of celebration.

Comments

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’ve been known to partake in a cold snickers bar when the mood is right

• Options
    CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll pick up a Twix bar once in awhile (right handed). I prefer PayDay though.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mars Co. has made some traditional chocolate bars with dark chocolate on occasion. Usually at Halloween in limited quantities. 3 Musketeers? (Not Snickers). THOSE were treats. Should have them available year 'round. Also boost the % of cocoa in the dark chocolate.

Europeans look down on US made chocolate as being watered down. Supposedly they make a watered down version of their chocolates for the US market, so that "Belgian" chocolate sold in the US is not what is sold in Europe. Plus Europe has those pesky European Union rules. (Reminder: chocolate is a New World product.)