Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Gotta Back It Up Now

ChicagoDawgChicagoDawg Posts: 438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Several Dawg players were making fun of the selection committee on twitter last night. Although it is pretty obvious at this point that with these games factored in UGA should move up to #3, I am old school and believe in the old adage to keep your mouth shut and prove it on the playing field. Our players need to go out and give Texas an old fashioned whooping to back up those tweets.

Comments

• LORLOR Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All year long Smart has kept the trash talking on lockdown. Why the change? It’s just adding unnecessary pressure and giving Texas bulletin board material, like we are taking a win as a given.

• dawgfantipdawgfantip Posts: 259 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2018

Another aspect people seem to forget is why on earth give ND bulletin board material when they come to our place in a few months. I believe in our guys and we are without a doubt the better team. But its not like they CANT beat us any given saturday. Just seems unnecessary and uncharacteristic.

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just seems unnecessary and uncharacteristic.

This. It’s very uncharacteristic of a CKS team to take to social media. I liked us better as the quiet giant. The team that lets the performance on the field do the talking.

I agree with @bmauldin that I like the vigor, but keep it in, let it fuel you, and let it out on the field.

• dawg723dawg723 Posts: 407 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hope they back it up. This season is pretty much over for Uga. I don’t understand why these players want to give more fuel to Notre Dame as if the Irish haven’t already circled the Uga game next year for their national redemption and to Texas who will be looking to make a statement as well. Not smart.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawg723 said:
    Hope they back it up. This season is pretty much over for Uga. I don’t understand why these players want to give more fuel to Notre Dame as if the Irish haven’t already circled the Uga game next year for their national redemption and to Texas who will be looking to make a statement as well. Not smart.

They work 10-11 months per year and see that garbage... I don’t blame them.

As far as Notre Dame goes. I don’t think anyone thought they were going to be sleeping on this game. We are going to have more motivation for the game than them...

disrespect nationally by the committee and our fans are going to be live!

Guarantee our fans don’t sell their tickets out to Nd fans.

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Man yall some weak lil girls.they have talked trash b4 and backed it up.atop with rhis soft crap.yall starting to remind me of coach Richt days.i love this swagger. That know they have to beat Tx but it ain't lime they were lying in those tweets

• BleedredandblackBleedredandblack Posts: 110 ✭✭✭ Junior

I like it. They know they were snubbed and are going to prove a point in Nola Tuesday night! We’re gonna curb stomp TX into oblivion and next season ND will suffer the same fate on our road to dethroning the almighty Tyde. GO DAM DAWGS

• Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Post up some of the tweets plz

• BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They work their asses off to win championships and felt as though they were disrespected by the committee. I have no problem with it. Now, if they come out and lay an egg vs. Texas, we have problems.

• dawg723dawg723 Posts: 407 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@EricDawgs1 said:
    Man yall some weak lil girls.they have talked trash b4 and backed it up.atop with rhis soft crap.yall starting to remind me of coach Richt days.i love this swagger. That know they have to beat Tx but it ain't lime they were lying in those tweets

Ha. Right. Lil girls...nice. I just like the swagger that comes with trophies (the kind we haven’t seen since 1980). Tired of talking trash in the Richt and smart era and STILL haven’t brought home the hardware. If you belong, show it on the field and not on Twitter...

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It's coming don't worry.this game is a must win.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ChicagoDawg Makes me very nervous. I believe it to be exercising some very poor judgement to allow “trash talk” to be aired out in the public eye, & all over social media PRIOR to proving anything at all versus their next opponent out on the field of play FIRST!!! I sincerely hope these Georgia players are ready for a real intense battle New Year’s Day. I believe they’ve now all be completely ensured themselves they are about to get one.

• Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgfantip said:
    Another aspect people seem to forget is why on earth give ND bulletin board material when they come to our place in a few months. I believe in our guys and we are without a doubt the better team. But its not like they CANT beat us any given saturday. Just seems unnecessary and uncharacteristic.

ND didn’t look to even belong in the top 10. It’s not like Bama being made fun of.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm not one to think running your mouth helps much. Rather the opposite. I'd say two things.

1. Texas will be a formidable foe. Their offense is explosive. They have the best defense in their conference, the most Alabama and Georgia like defense. Their coach is great at managing games. He and his team are on fire to win the Sugar Bowl. We're in for a war.

2. Notre Dame had, for mysterious reasons, a bad day at the wrong time, but they're a very solid football program. Now they have something to prove and it could be at our expense. We will have to prepare for a very physical game next fall. These guys are an up and coming powerhouse and they want to take us down. Worse, they're very capable of embarrassing us in Athens.

Vince had it right. He'd talk about some team like Kentucky or Vanderbilt as being the best 3-5 team in the nation and make you believe you'd be lucky to see us squeak out a narrow win. Sometimes he'd be 100% right.

Thing is: On any given Saturday...

Texas is for real. All the trash talk does nothing to prove anything to anybody and if we don't back it up it makes us look foolish and arrogant.

Go, Dawgs!

• PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would have much preferred the talk after we win big, but in their defense, they weren't talking about Texas. They were talking about being disappointed over the selection committee snubbing. Having said that, they better win convincingly Tuesday or they will look bad. Butcher some filets Dawgs; don't step in the cow patties! Let the Big Dawgs eat...steak.