Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

More Gator trouble...

Dawg19Dawg19 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Comments

• rrich45rrich45 Posts: 60 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sounds like both kids are trouble..... looking at there past troubles CJM should get rid of both of them

• MinnesotaDawgMinnesotaDawg Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

James Robinson?! That's the dude that got arrested during his Ohio State visit, and McElwain had to convince the UF admin to do an about face and allow him to sign. Thanks Coach!

• RedDawgRedDawg Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MinnesotaDawg said:
    James Robinson?! That's the dude that got arrested during his Ohio State visit, and McElwain had to convince the UF admin to do an about face and allow him to sign. Thanks Coach!

If I remember Robinson didn't get in until around the same time as Beal arrived on campus

@Denmen185 said:

@MinnesotaDawg said:

If I remember Robinson didn't get in until around the same time as Beal arrived on campus

Just checked. Enrolled 8/4 and as you say McEELwain had to fight to get him (academics and pot)

• SavannahDawg1SavannahDawg1 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Let me first start by saying. I HATE THE GATORS.
    But i read up on this story and you have to tip your hat to McSharkelwain on this one. He gave this kid a second chance and the kid burned him(double entendre anyone?).

But seriously, even after that, Mcelwain has been calling schools all over florida to get this kid into a juco school. He KNOWS this kid will NEVER come back and be a gator , yet he spends his personal time to reach out to coaches(#18 school references in article) for the player ( it is a dead period so Robinson cant do anything right now).

In a day in age where everything in CFB is cut throat or a branded a business, it is refreshing to see how much some of these college coaches truly care about their players.

@SavannahDawg1 said:
    But i read up on this story and you have to tip your hat to McSharkelwain on this one. He gave this kid a second chance and the kid burned him(double entendre anyone?).

But seriously, even after that, Mcelwain has been calling schools all over florida to get this kid into a juco school. He KNOWS this kid will NEVER come back and be a gator , yet he spends his personal time to reach out to coaches(#18 school references in article) for the player ( it is a dead period so Robinson cant do anything right now).

In a day in age where everything in CFB is cut throat or a branded a business, it is refreshing to see how much some of these college coaches truly care about their players.

Where did you read this? I know he was looking for JUCO schools before he finally got permission to recruit him but haven't seen what action has been taken for this incident.

Tucker has his "League of Shadows", the WR coach at UF his "League of Shadowy". There is Antonio"rap sheet" Calloway, James "pot head" Robinson and Tyrie "BB gun" Cleveland. smh

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Concluding comment of the OP article:

First Coast News reached out to the school's athletic department. They issued a short statement saying "Coach McElwain is aware and it has been dealt with."

:p

• ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2017

How on earth can you keep a player when the administration didn't want him after the OSU incident?

I'm sorry, but you should only get one mulligan when the administration has already denied admission and then retracted their decision after Mcelwain's begging for leniency.

He deserves a chance at life but I don't see it happening in his current environment.

@Denmen185 said:

@SavannahDawg1 said:

Where did you read this? I know he was looking for JUCO schools before he finally got permission to recruit him but haven't seen what action has been taken for this incident.

http://www.onlygators.com/01/31/2017/jim-mcelwains-response-to-florida-denying-admission-to-four-star-wideout-speaks-volumes/

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SavannahDawg1 said:

@Denmen185 said:

@SavannahDawg1 said:

http://www.onlygators.com/01/31/2017/jim-mcelwains-response-to-florida-denying-admission-to-four-star-wideout-speaks-volumes/

That article is from January, not related to this current event.

You are correct. I apologize. Saw the link on Twitter today. Not sure why they were re running it never the less. My apologies