Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

BULLET DOGGED

joe_rush45joe_rush45 Posts: 163 ✭✭✭ Junior

Does anyone remember the LAST HIGHLY RATED WR from CEDAR GROVE HIGH SCHOOL . . . . Ironically he even signed to the very OKLAHOMA. . . . . Foreshadowed this “rap” got him expelled https://youtu.be/lvzWhlX9TKs

Comments

• joe_rush45joe_rush45 Posts: 163 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • ColumboColumbo Posts: 283 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2019

Oklahoma, what a t r a s h y school letting Joe Mixon return.

• EastAtlDawgEastAtlDawg Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Haselwood a jarboe

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jarboe had real issues, so far there is nothing other than appearance with Haselwood.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@joe_rush45 said:
    Does anyone remember the LAST HIGHLY RATED WR from CEDAR GROVE HIGH SCHOOL . . . . Ironically he even signed to the very OKLAHOMA. . . . . Foreshadowed this “rap” got him expelled https://youtu.be/lvzWhlX9TKs

Suprisingly, I kind of liked his "free style" - a certain on the spot creativity there. Content? Not so much, but there's worse out on the market.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting. Didn’t follow this kids storyline.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Columbo said:

The white dude at the table with her is a Grade A Puscatore. I’ve never hit a woman nor do I condone doing so. Joe Mixon certainly paid a price for retaliating. She got a bunch of money, but what she deserved was to be arrested for assault and zero dollar$.

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker said:

@Columbo said:

The white dude at the table with her is a Grade A Puscatore. I’ve never hit a woman nor do I condone doing so. Joe Mixon certainly paid a price for retaliating. She got a bunch of money, but what she deserved was to be arrested for assault and zero dollar$.

Hey man, that girl was wrong, but it looked like she "assaulted" him with a wet noodle--her blow was so weak. His response could have killed the girl. I don't care how wrong she was, she didn't deserve that level of violence in return.

@JayDog said:

@Bankwalker said:

@Columbo said:

Hey man, that girl was wrong, but it looked like she "assaulted" him with a wet noodle--her blow was so weak. His response could have killed the girl. I don't care how wrong she was, she didn't deserve that level of violence in return.

“Contributory negligence”. She was at least 50% at fault for what happened to her.

@JayDog said:

@Bankwalker said:

@JayDog said:

@Bankwalker said:

@Columbo said:

“Contributory negligence”. She was at least 50% at fault for what happened to her.

So you touch a person, violate his personal space, and he can kill you? Any level of violence is OK? Considering he was never threatened, you don't see the need to judge him proportionally? Amazing.

What’s amazing is your exaggeration of the facts and the leap you’ve made in regard to what I think. Kill? Nobody was killed, and your analogy is just plain s.tupid. Are you s.tupid? I dont think so but get real and stick to what actually hppened. She did have a fractured orbital and he definitely knocked the chit out of her, but he wouldn’t have hit her if she hadn’t struck him first, and also allegedly called him the n-word. Since we are making improper assumptions I guess here is where it is appropriate for me to assume you are okay with her actions, correct? In the end, she profited from being a total c**t. He was judged, and very proportionally. He was suspended from the team and wasnt picked in the 1st round as a direct result. He lost more than a million dollars, plus had to pay her money.

• Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:
    The sour grapes over losing Hasselwood is kind of pathetic.

You guys sound like the Tennessee fans after losing Cade Mays.

We’re not Tennessee. We shouldn’t be acting like we’re Tennessee.

☝️ He's right....

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Columbo said:

Seems to me she got what she deserved.hit a person expect to be hit back.

• MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:
    The sour grapes over losing Hasselwood is kind of pathetic.

You guys sound like the Tennessee fans after losing Cade Mays.

We’re not Tennessee. We shouldn’t be acting like we’re Tennessee.

Yep. As Gurley use to say: "Yeah, we don't like the Orange too much".

@Bankwalker said:

@JayDog said:

@Bankwalker said:

@JayDog said:

@Bankwalker said:

@Columbo said:

So you touch a person, violate his personal space, and he can kill you? Any level of violence is OK? Considering he was never threatened, you don't see the need to judge him proportionally? Amazing.

What’s amazing is your exaggeration of the facts and the leap you’ve made in regard to what I think. Kill? Nobody was killed, and your analogy is just plain s.tupid. Are you s.tupid? I dont think so but get real and stick to what actually hppened. She did have a fractured orbital and he definitely knocked the chit out of her, but he wouldn’t have hit her if she hadn’t struck him first, and also allegedly called him the n-word. Since we are making improper assumptions I guess here is where it is appropriate for me to assume you are okay with her actions, correct? In the end, she profited from being a total c**t. He was judged, and very proportionally. He was suspended from the team and wasnt picked in the 1st round as a direct result. He lost more than a million dollars, plus had to pay her money.

Why do you have to take a conversation to the level of offense--calling names?

There was no exaggeration. She had a fractured orbital. His blow was violent enough and her fall unfortunate enough to have killed her. His response was way beyond what a reasonable person would conclude to be appropriate. We can debate whether she actually, "struck" him. I saw the video and like I said, she barely touched him. She laid hands or him in a way he didn't like--she didn't harm him and I am sure an athlete like him didn't feel threatened by her action.

Like I said, she was wrong to do it. You say she profited. I say he paid for his overly violent and situationally inappropriate response.

edited January 2019

@JayDog said:

@Bankwalker said:

@JayDog said:

@Bankwalker said:

@JayDog said:

@Bankwalker said:

@Columbo said:

There was no exaggeration. She had a fractured orbital. His blow was violent enough and her fall unfortunate enough to have killed her. His response was way beyond what a reasonable person would conclude to be appropriate. We can debate whether she actually, "struck" him. I saw the video and like I said, she barely touched him. She laid hands or him in a way he didn't like--she didn't harm him and I am sure an athlete like him didn't feel threatened by her action.

Like I said, she was wrong to do it. You say she profited. I say he paid for his overly violent and situationally inappropriate response.

Tone is hard to decipher in written words, but I would say your 2nd response was the one that upped the ante. What did you mean by “amazing”, if it wasn’t to say the same thing as “SMH”?

I agree with your point. I was just saying he didnt get off scott free and she clearly instigated the violence. In a courtroom and in front of a jury that really should matter quite a lot.

You did exaggerate. Your words were “touch...and he can kill you”. I didnt call you a name, either.

• uptowncountryuptowncountry Posts: 50 ✭✭ Sophomore

This is just ... wow. The easy way to respond to this is to talk about the list of people who did come to UGA and had off the field issues. The list isn't very short either. So while UGA dodged a bullet with Jarboe, there are plenty of bullets that they didn't dodge. So all this means is that to you, the measure of a man's character is whether he honors his verbal commitment to UGA, nothing more and nothing less.

All Haselwood has said is that he thought Justin Fields should have played more and made "used car salesmen" comments based on his feeling that UGA oversold how much they were going to pass this ball this year. And I guess those two are related. If there was some reason why UGA couldn't throw the ball more with Fromm, why not see if those same issues exist with Fields throwing the ball? Haselwood wasn't the only one thinking that. Lots of fans and members of the media were asking the same thing especially after the LSU game and the SEC title game.

So the things that are being said about Haselwood by UGA fans are way worse than anything Haselwood has said about UGA. Apparently using UGA's coaching decisions that you do not agree with as a reason not to attend UGA is the same as Jarboe's illegal actions.

edited January 2019

@Bankwalker said:

@JayDog said:

@Bankwalker said:

@JayDog said:

@Bankwalker said:

@JayDog said:

@Bankwalker said:

@Columbo said:

Tone is hard to decipher in written words, but I would say your 2nd response was the one that upped the ante. What did you mean by “amazing”, if it wasn’t to say the same thing as “SMH”?

I agree with your point. I was just saying he didnt get off scott free and she clearly instigated the violence. In a courtroom and in front of a jury that really should matter quite a lot.

You did exaggerate. Your words were “touch...and he can kill you”. I didn't call you a name, either.

I apologize if my use of "amazing" escalated the tension. It was not my intent. It was stream of consciousness writing--I was struggling to accept what I was reading. I do apologize.

But saying my analogy is "S*****" and then asking if I am "s*****" is insulting and tantamount to name calling. No big deal for me personally. I mostly point it out because this is the type of remarks that start some of the personal sniping on the forum. I mean to say...this is how it usually starts.

As for exaggeration, the woman 's blow was so weak, it amounted to a touch. Given the fact that she could easily have died for what was essentially a touch, I was not too far off the mark.

The issue is whether she got what she deserved for the part she did play in the incident. You were arguing that the woman didn't deserve a penny for her injuries. She deserved to be arrested. Apparently, it didn't matter what she said or did--someone other than myself felt it was justice to have him pay the woman. I believe that actually balanced the scales. What the fella should have done is call the police when she laid hands on him. Most cops would have probably laughed at him for reporting it--but that is the correct thing to do if you feel someone assaulted you.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I sometimes feel confused. Then I just eat popcorn while in a thread.