Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Is the death of football (and other contact sports) coming in our life time?

2»

Comments

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@deplorabledawg said:
    Do away with the face mask and you will reduce the amount of helmet to helmet hits reducing the amount of head injuries!!

Someone lowering the crown of the helmet into someone's face at full speed wouldn't be a pretty sight. Might kill them.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

Can't play sports anymore. It's been "outlawed".....

• ColumboColumbo Posts: 283 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@FirePlugDawg said:

@JayDog said:
    We will have to find ways to protect players from concussions and neck injuries. But contrary to the football powers that be--it is not going to be through rules changes or reeducation on how to tackle. Equipment improvements are necessary. Don't ask me what those will be. I'm secretly working on a solution in my underground laboratory.

Seriously, if equipment can't protect kids, then eventually the game will change through necessity. Two hand touch? It won't be our game.

I would agree with that ^^. Between plastics and ball bearings, there ought to be vast safety improvements just around the corner. As to soccer (futball) and wrestling, a rudimentary helmet should provide vast improvement. For hockey, ice and field, and pardon the expression, lacrosse, likely some more serious headgear is needed to be worn due to the sticks and puck, velocities, and such.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dug-G9xVdVs

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Why can't these league's have the players sign a waiver of knowing what they're getting into?cte can devolepe with any shots to the head it would seem.